Humble Bundle Monthly changing soon - active subscribers get grandfathered into 'Classic' plan

Posted 18th Oct
WHAT'S HUMBLE CHOICE?
Humble Choice is our latest take on the PC gaming subscription. Every month choose great games to keep forever.

IT'S YOUR CHOICE
More games every month. You choose the ones you want to keep forever.

NO MORE MYSTERY
All games revealed upfront. No more waiting to find out what you're getting each month.

SAME GREAT PERKS
5% donated to charity every month. Plus access to the Humble Trove and up to 20% off on the Humble Store.

HOW HUMBLE CHOICE IMPACTS YOU
To show our thanks, we're converting existing subscribers to our best plan yet! If your subscription is active when we switch to Humble Choice, you get to keep 10 games every month, up to 20% off the Store, and access to Humble Trove. All for the same price you pay today.

TIERS
Lite: $4.99/month or $44.99/year, 10% discount, Trove access, 0 curated games
Basic: $14.99/month or $134.99/year, 10% discount, Trove access, 3 curated games
Premium: $19.99/month or $179.99/year, 20% discount, Trove access, 9 curated games
Classic: $132.00/year, 20% discount, Trove access, 10 curated games

There will be no way to subscribe to the Classic plan unless you are a current active subscriber and get converted to it when Humble Choice replaces Humble Monthly. If you cancel your subscription once Choice is active, you will not be able to rejoin the Classic plan. Pausing a month doesn't count as cancellation.

If you've been thinking about subscribing to Humble Monthly, do it now and keep your subscription active until Choice launches.
Community Updates

Groups

16 Comments
I knew something was going on when they announced Crash+Spyro+Cod....
So no more being able to buy one off monthly bundles so cheap.
Daytrader18/10/2019 21:47

So no more being able to buy one off monthly bundles so cheap.

Unless you subscribe now, and stay active until the changeover. Then you should be able to pause as many months as you wish (though you will have to manually pause each month you do not want).
cowbutt18/10/2019 21:49

Unless you subscribe now, and stay active until the changeover. Then you …Unless you subscribe now, and stay active until the changeover. Then you should be able to pause as many months as you wish (though you will have to manually pause each month you do not want).

Yeh, i might have to do that.
If for example i left humble bundle what happens to the games i already have?

Is this like ps plus where you own the games but have to be active subscriber to play them?
jazferbetay18/10/2019 22:54

If for example i left humble bundle what happens to the games i already …If for example i left humble bundle what happens to the games i already have?Is this like ps plus where you own the games but have to be active subscriber to play them?

You keep the games permanently.
Further detail - the pool of games to choose from will be 10 at launch (so, no choice needed for the Classic tier). The monthly pool could potentially be larger than 10 at times.
jazferbetay18/10/2019 22:54

If for example i left humble bundle what happens to the games i already …If for example i left humble bundle what happens to the games i already have?Is this like ps plus where you own the games but have to be active subscriber to play them?

As Illusionary says, you keep the curated games (which are usually provided as Steam keys). If you pause or cancel, you lose access to Trove and your store discount, but as the games there are DRM-free, if you've downloaded them, you keep those too. So, effectively, all you lose are the discount and updates to Trove games you've downloaded.
When does this happen?

And am I reading correctly that "3 curated games" will just give you three games in that package? Instead of a load of smaller mystery games?
haydnwilliams19/10/2019 07:17

When does this happen?And am I reading correctly that "3 curated games" …When does this happen?And am I reading correctly that "3 curated games" will just give you three games in that package? Instead of a load of smaller mystery games?

They're aiming at launching before the end of the year, but they haven't yet said specifically which month.

We don't yet know what the selection of games will look like nor whether there will be any restrictions on choices from the 10 on offer for each month. Either way, the 'mystery' element will no longer be a factor.
Illusionary19/10/2019 07:34

They're aiming at launching before the end of the year, but they haven't …They're aiming at launching before the end of the year, but they haven't yet said specifically which month.We don't yet know what the selection of games will look like nor whether there will be any restrictions on choices from the 10 on offer for each month. Either way, the 'mystery' element will no longer be a factor.

Thank you, bit early to wrap my head around it all! Being able to pause an active "classic" subscription seems to be a great option when you only "pay what you pay now" for it.
haydnwilliams19/10/2019 07:40

Thank you, bit early to wrap my head around it all! Being able to pause an …Thank you, bit early to wrap my head around it all! Being able to pause an active "classic" subscription seems to be a great option when you only "pay what you pay now" for it.

If you're grandfathered into the Classic package and don't cancel, effectively all that's really changing is that there will be generally be more games each month and they'll be revealed up-front.
There's no monthly fee for classic. So even if you pause classic for a month or two the moment you use it you pay the yearly fee?
LQ88919/10/2019 10:57

There's no monthly fee for classic. So even if you pause classic for a …There's no monthly fee for classic. So even if you pause classic for a month or two the moment you use it you pay the yearly fee?

Monthly remains $12/month, it's just that cowbutt hasn't included that in their post. This is probably because they're subscribed to the annual plan themselves and the main page displays the price as "You still pay x", varying depending on how you currently choose to pay.
Illusionary19/10/2019 11:04

Monthly remains $12/month, it's just that cowbutt hasn't included that in …Monthly remains $12/month, it's just that cowbutt hasn't included that in their post. This is probably because they're subscribed to the annual plan themselves and the main page displays the price as "You still pay x", varying depending on how you currently choose to pay.

Oh cool, this is a pretty sweet deal then.
Illusionary19/10/2019 11:04

Monthly remains $12/month, it's just that cowbutt hasn't included that in …Monthly remains $12/month, it's just that cowbutt hasn't included that in their post. This is probably because they're subscribed to the annual plan themselves and the main page displays the price as "You still pay x", varying depending on how you currently choose to pay.

Exactly so! Thank you for the correction!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants