Humble Choice - Upcoming deal for existing Humble Monthly subscribers - £9.30

Posted 23rd Oct
humblebundle.com/mon…sic

Every month, Humble Bundle has produced bundles of games (normally including one or two serious gems) on subscription and this is changing - to a choice-based system.

I'm sharing this because there's opportunity now to set up and prepare for the new system which will involve tiered pricing. The deal now is WAY better than the deal after Humble Choice comes in -- and that is before the end of 2019.

**If you subscribe to Humble Monthly now, your subscription will carry over at $12/mo and you will receive greater benefits than the $20/mo 'Premium' bundle.**
Community Updates

Groups

21 Comments
So.. If i'm reading this right, it's bascially going to be the same as it is now, but if you sub now you get it for the same price
I don’t understand this at all. You get up to 10 games? That you can choose?

How is that any different from the normal humble bundle? I’m not forced to claim them all. What’s stopping me from picking all 10 every time? Why wouldn’t I pick all 10?
Edited by: "Dr-Rjinswand" 23rd Oct
Mersa22323/10/2019 22:09

So.. If i'm reading this right, it's bascially going to be the same as it …So.. If i'm reading this right, it's bascially going to be the same as it is now, but if you sub now you get it for the same price

No :). Check out the link.
So basically do nothing if on the monthly plan now. Awesome! I strongly support being idle

So.. If i'm reading this right, it's bascially going to be the same as it …So.. If i'm reading this right, it's bascially going to be the same as it is now, but if you sub now you get it for the same price

As long as you have an active subscription when they activate Choice, it will transfer over for free and you won’t need to do anything. If you cancel, then you will have to buy a lite, basic or premium subscription which will be more expensive than staying on the new Choice. Pausing your sub won’t de-classify you from Choice. It’s all in the FAQ on the website if you wish to know more about it, that’s all I did to get this info

They are getting rid of the mystery bundle and allowing you to select from a list of games.

If you subscribe after the change from monthly to choice, it will be more expensive and you will get less games ($14.99 for 3 games or $19.99 for 9 games).

If you subscribe before the change you will get all the games and it will be cheaper ($12 for 10 games). However if you unsubscribe now or in the future, you will lose this discount forever and be stuck with the lower packages moving forward. You can pause your subscription without losing this package though, so best to do that if you want to skip a month or two.
They way it reads to me is that the 3 game preview/play you got will now include all 10 games from the start where as at the moment we only no about cod ww2 ,crash ,spyro and have to wait for the next 7 you won't have to,I only brought it this month because of the games all for less than a tenner so I am going to wait till next month and see whether I carry on or not
38740864-e29m6.jpg

As far as I'm aware, change is a-coming and this is the best way to get the most out of it for the least money.

I'm planning to stay subscribed and see how hot-or-not it is when Humble Choice begins and then re-evaluate. This deal's not about whether monthly bundles are good in principle/practice or not (some people hate them, haha!) -- just about getting the most out of one which generally produces at least one or two gems a month.
To summarize this whole thing:

The usual Humble Monthly of pay $12 to get some games at the end of the month is gone. It's being placed by Humble choice, where you choose a certain amount of games from a list depending on which tier you go for. The games will be revealed before you buy it, so the whole "no idea what you're getting" thing is gone - which is good...

....except because of that, the price is going up by a huge amount - you're getting fewer games, for more money. The basic package is now $14.99 for 3 games, which compared to Humble Monthly is a massive difference and far worse. To get something sort of similar to the amount you'd have got with Humble monthly, you'd have to pay $19.99.

But they're being 'nice' and letting you stay at the current price of Humble Monthlies ($12), just with the choice added (except no, you most likely don't get a choice as they've said there probably won't be more than the 10 games, but if there was you'd get a choice)...in exchange for buying a Humble Monthly bundle and staying subcribed as it changes to Humble Choice and then never unsubscribing.

The games being revealed beforehand is good, the rest...not so much.
Edited by: "seven324" 23rd Oct
If the games continue to be crap, how is continuously paying a sub a great deal?
Humble has lost its way. Once a way to give money direct to devs and charities, its now just turned into a bog standard over priced sub system. There will be a lot of fallout from this.
seven32423/10/2019 22:36

To summarize this whole thing:The usual Humble Monthly of pay $12 to get …To summarize this whole thing:The usual Humble Monthly of pay $12 to get some games at the end of the month is gone. It's being placed by Humble choice, where you choose a certain amount of games from a list depending on which tier you go for. The games will be revealed before you buy it, so the whole "no idea what you're getting" thing is gone - which is good.......except because of that, the price is going up by a huge amount - you're getting fewer games, for more money. The basic package is now $14.99 for 3 games, which compared to Humble Monthly is a massive difference and far worse. To get something sort of similar to the amount you'd have got with Humble monthly, you'd have to pay $19.99.But they're being 'nice' and letting you stay at the current price of Humble Monthlies ($12), just with the choice added (except no, you most likely don't get a choice as they've said there probably won't be more than the 10 games, but if there was you'd get a choice)...in exchange for buying a Humble Monthly bundle and staying subcribed as it changes to Humble Choice and then never unsubscribing. The games being revealed beforehand is good, the rest...not so much.

...but you can still pause it. And now you will not need to be slightly annoyed if you do so and one or more of the revealed games is one you're after because they will now all be revealed at the start.
Ninhau23/10/2019 22:44

If the games continue to be crap, how is continuously paying a sub a great …If the games continue to be crap, how is continuously paying a sub a great deal?

They've been hit-or-miss in recent months to be honest. This month is easily worth it though. It'll be a good deal for classic subs if we can remember to pause on the bad months. I guess this is to stop users like me who cancel the subscription to avoid any unnecessary charges on months where we forget to pause.
Lucifer_UK23/10/2019 22:46

Humble has lost its way. Once a way to give money direct to devs and …Humble has lost its way. Once a way to give money direct to devs and charities, its now just turned into a bog standard over priced sub system. There will be a lot of fallout from this.

Yeah since they got bought by ign there's no saying they haven't gone down hill
cianwise9524/10/2019 02:04

Yeah since they got bought by ign there's no saying they haven't gone down …Yeah since they got bought by ign there's no saying they haven't gone down hill

That explains everything..
No more Good Old Games
To be fair, it's not that bad a deal. It's gone up £5/£6 for a monthly user (for premium) and you get to choose from a potentially longer list of games - we will not know until we see when its released.

Secondly, who is to say that if the cost goes up so may the quality of titles? Again, we will have to see

I dont mind paying a bit more on monthly subs if it means I can pick and choose what games I want, I can skip months if I want or just pay the lower price if 3 games tickle my fancy. Essentially they are saying pay what you pay now if the 3 games you get early I.e. the 'premium titles' or choose up to 9/10 fully unlocked roster games for slightly more.

Could be worse
DavidPearl24/10/2019 06:13

To be fair, it's not that bad a deal. It's gone up £5/£6 for a monthly u …To be fair, it's not that bad a deal. It's gone up £5/£6 for a monthly user (for premium) and you get to choose from a potentially longer list of games - we will not know until we see when its released.Secondly, who is to say that if the cost goes up so may the quality of titles? Again, we will have to see I dont mind paying a bit more on monthly subs if it means I can pick and choose what games I want, I can skip months if I want or just pay the lower price if 3 games tickle my fancy. Essentially they are saying pay what you pay now if the 3 games you get early I.e. the 'premium titles' or choose up to 9/10 fully unlocked roster games for slightly more.Could be worse

The core of this - as in without the time-limited "classic" offer - is get them revealed first but pay $3 more for fewer games than you get with the monthlies, or $8 more to get something equivalent to the monthlies. It is a bad deal, really - the safest way to buy the bundles was to do so based on the early reveals, and in comparison to that, this is just worse in quite a few of ways.

The choice aspect is pretty meaningless overall - just think of as if last months Humble Monthly had been a Humble choice instead. To get just 3 games (about the equivalent of the early reveals, which most people bought the Monthlies based on) is now $3 more and you don't get the rest of the bundle. To get the full bundle, it's now $8 more, and the choice aspect is more than likely to be useless because bundles tend to only have 8 - 10 games in the first place, and they've said it'll be pretty much the same with the Humble Choice game amounts (as in, not garunteed there will be more than 10 to choose from). This basically just drastically increasing the price of Humble Monthlies for the advantage of having them shown first.
seven32424/10/2019 14:19

The core of this - as in without the time-limited "classic" offer - is …The core of this - as in without the time-limited "classic" offer - is get them revealed first but pay $3 more for fewer games than you get with the monthlies, or $8 more to get something equivalent to the monthlies. It is a bad deal, really - the safest way to buy the bundles was to do so based on the early reveals, and in comparison to that, this is just worse in quite a few of ways. The choice aspect is pretty meaningless overall - just think of as if last months Humble Monthly had been a Humble choice instead. To get just 3 games (about the equivalent of the early reveals, which most people bought the Monthlies based on) is now $3 more and you don't get the rest of the bundle. To get the full bundle, it's now $8 more, and the choice aspect is more than likely to be useless because bundles tend to only have 8 - 10 games in the first place, and they've said it'll be pretty much the same with the Humble Choice game amounts (as in, not garunteed there will be more than 10 to choose from). This basically just drastically increasing the price of Humble Monthlies for the advantage of having them shown first.

I get agree but if they improve the quality of repeqaes to justify the increased price then that's a good deal to me.

Value is subjective so everyone will see this differently but time will tell if the overall proposition on hunble bundle is still worth it after the change
DavidPearl24/10/2019 14:28

I get agree but if they improve the quality of repeqaes to justify the …I get agree but if they improve the quality of repeqaes to justify the increased price then that's a good deal to me.Value is subjective so everyone will see this differently but time will tell if the overall proposition on hunble bundle is still worth it after the change

"repeqaes" ?
Sorry was on phone and rushing.

Quality of the games *
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants