Groups

Hundreds trapped inside American University under attack in Kabul – official

Armed men have attacked the American University in the Afghan capital Kabul, officials have confirmed. Officials say "hundreds" of people, including foreign staff, are stuck inside, as government forces have encircled the campus.

9 Comments

Original Poster

"Several gunmen attacked the American University in Kabul and there are reports of gunfire and explosions," an interior ministry official told Reuters. "They are inside the compound and there are foreign professors along with hundreds of students."

There's an American University in Kabul, brave in peaceful times!

Why is there a American uni there? And who would be foolhardy enough to attend it?

Seems it is the 'brain child' of first lady Bush
    not the first time it has been attacked either
    en.wikipedia.org/wik…tan

Lets hope the students make it out safely, American universities are some of the best in the world, why shouldn't everyone have a chance to learn.

Banned

all I can see on news is the Italian earthquake.
    what's the latest?

Original Poster

sofiasar

all I can see on news is the Italian earthquake. what's the latest?

Not good
    Details of the attack remain unclear but one guard was killed and 21 students were injured, said the head of Kabul Hospitals.

sofiasar

theguardian.com/uk-…sex

sofiasar

Yawn.
    Edited by: "J4GG4" 25th Aug 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277960
      2. word association Game72944191
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.1820
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565

See more discussions