Hurricane Harvey blamed for looming jump in UK fuel costs - as much as 4p per litre

Found 1st Sep 2017
Might be worth filling up the weekend and saving yourself a few ££££ - could also get a few Morrisons points hotukdeals.com/dea…775 depending on your account

Petrol retailers warn motorists of a jump in petrol costs next week as wholesale prices rise by 4p-per-litre in just five days

2779339-pI8av.jpg
''The warning was sounded by an industry body which charted a rise of more than 4p-per-litre in wholesale costs over the past five days alone.

The Petrol Retailers Association (PRA) said the impact of that increase on its members would be felt by motorists in the coming days as the increases were passed on at a time they could least afford them as household budgets are squeezed by Brexit-linked price increases and weaker wage growth.

The RAC said petrol was on course to overtake diesel costs for the first time in a year with average prices likely rising above 121p per litre - its highest level since 2014''

Full Story
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I've been expecting them to blame tensions with North Korea, as an excuse to raise prices.
At least they didn't use the recent Eclipse across the U.S. as an excuse.

Greedy Counts
14 Comments
I've been expecting them to blame tensions with North Korea, as an excuse to raise prices.
At least they didn't use the recent Eclipse across the U.S. as an excuse.

Greedy Counts
Wrong...its Brexit and Trump!
Makes sense, we get supplies from us even though they can't supply themselves or makes sense they are our middle man.
MR112330 m ago

Makes sense, we get supplies from us even though they can't supply …Makes sense, we get supplies from us even though they can't supply themselves or makes sense they are our middle man.

I thought they stockpile all their reserves and buy from Middle East, waiting for the day it runs out
u66454130 m ago

I thought they stockpile all their reserves and buy from Middle East, …I thought they stockpile all their reserves and buy from Middle East, waiting for the day it runs out

Exactly.
So if our petrol is mainly refined from North Sea oil how come the prices are set to rise?

Because they are robbing barstewards as is the government of the day as they will rake in hundreds of millions in extra fuel duty and vat.

In the US at the moment petrol went up nearly 20 cents the day after Harvey hit had been warned by a friend there could be shortages. Just shows the global market reacts to any event.

Saying that petrol is around 50p a litre here, love tax. £27 to fill a tank been a long time since it was that back home.
Any excuse. I'm not overly sure why they feel it is acceptable to pass on every price increase immediately but slowly pass on the reductions. Got to guarantee their mega profits.
g8spur10 m ago

Any excuse. I'm not overly sure why they feel it is acceptable to pass on …Any excuse. I'm not overly sure why they feel it is acceptable to pass on every price increase immediately but slowly pass on the reductions. Got to guarantee their mega profits.

Just cause they're Greedy buggers. Heard stories that they sometimes keep tankers out at sea waiting for price increases.
kester765 h, 12 m ago

Just cause they're Greedy buggers. Heard stories that they sometimes keep …Just cause they're Greedy buggers. Heard stories that they sometimes keep tankers out at sea waiting for price increases.

Well why wouldn't they? Only an idiot would sell something for less today than what they knew they could get for it tomorrow.
Edited by: "VDisillusioned" 2nd Sep 2017
VDisillusioned9 h, 16 m ago

Well why wouldn't they? Only an idiot would sell something for less today …Well why wouldn't they? Only an idiot would sell something for less today than what they knew they could get for it tomorrow.

Can't argue with a man who likes to pay more
Edited by: "kester76" 2nd Sep 2017
kester765 m ago

Can't argue with a man who likes to pay more

Who would that be?
My local Esso petrol station is already charging £1.22 a litre and it's very busy station but the only petrol station in the town. 4 miles up the road it's £1.16 a litre so I go there to fill up
Buy it while it's cheap and stock it in the spare room like I do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants