Groups

hurt

just had to say to someone a so called friend sent a text to my daughter saying your mother is getting worse who is living your life you or her. i do not interfere with my daughter at all but unfortunately this so called friend sent me the text by mistake gutted what shall i do

14 Comments

omg u must feewl awful...... i have no idea what would be best either u kick off and rinf her back or u dump her and never call her again,.
    at end of day u wanna know why shes saying this..... why dont u ask ur daughter...or ring ur friend?

I would ignore it, it's from a kid I expect!

Personally i would ring the so called friend and tell them what i thought.I think it is obvious they are no friend .Is it because the so called friend is just jelous of your friendship with your daughter ? I don't think it was a mistake i think it was sent to you deliberately to get a reaction so plan what you are going to say then rip them to bits.

Sit your daughter down and ask her to be totally truthful and ask her what she thinks , but make sure that your daughter knows its the truth you are after not just your daughter telling you what you want to hear.

Good luck and forget about this loser

i used to work with somone who used to "accidently" text her ex boyfriend etc its very immature i would have it out with her

OMG!! That' really horrid hun. I would have to ask her what she was playing at, she's surposed to be a friend right?! Also like MB said ask ur daughter wot's going on she might be able to explain things a little. Hope u get it sorted hun:friends:

adp;5077394

I would ignore it, it's from a kid I expect!

Gutting I agree but totally what you would expect from a kid, call your friend and ASK her. Your imagination is much worse.

you have to let your "friend" know you got the text.....make her squirm ..

how old is your daughter, also why would she say it!, if there i nothing to it just laugh it off, but if there is a slight bit of truth - show your daughter, its her you should be concerned about, if your friend thinks you are ruling your daughter's life, ask you daughter how she feels, you need know you might be and not realising how much

speak to your daughter and ask if she feels about it although you may feel you don't get too involved she may feel you do. As for the friend let them squirm if she was a true friend she would have told you

Banned

I would imagine thats what most friends of our children think about us, kids moan to friends about anything, whatever we do aint right so they tell their friends i cant do this and cant do that, etc,etc, their kids thats what they do

octobergirl;5078092

how old is your daughter, also why would she say it!, if there i nothing … how old is your daughter, also why would she say it!, if there i nothing to it just laugh it off, but if there is a slight bit of truth - show your daughter, its her you should be concerned about, if your friend thinks you are ruling your daughter's life, ask you daughter how she feels, you need know you might be and not realising how much

+1

It seems your daughter has confided something to your friend.

For your friend to have your daughters number it seems like your daughter is an adult?
    Instead of feeling "hurt", use it as an opportunity to speak to your daughter and your friend about the misunderstanding that there is.

Banned

ooops misread that, i thought it was your daughters friend, sounds to me like your friend wanted to have a pop at you, i doubt very much the text was sent to the wrong number

I would personally speak to this friend and ask them to explain there actions, it's out of order to tell a friends kids things like this but do it calmly and you never know...this could be an eye opener.

A lot of people don't realise how they're behaving, they don't realise how they're effecting the people around them but I don't know how old your daughter is, for example, if she's a teenager, they generally have something to complain about even if everything is near perfection.

I think you should speak to the friend and your daughter and see if this can actually help your relationship but I would suggest to the friend that they shouldn't bad mouth you to your kids and if they have something to say in this manner, they should speak to you about it first.

Banned

I would talk to your daughter first, if you dont feel that you've interfered at all and there's no specific names in the text that attach it to you, then there's a very real possibility this friend sent the message to the wrong family not the wrong person.

I can't imagine if I wanted to text a friend Daisy, how I would possibly end up sending it to Daisys mother...could she not have been trying to send it to someone close to your name in her phone book.

I would speak to your daughter and ask if any of this rings true with her. If it does, be prepared to talk it through and give her her own life, otherwise she will grow to resent you and you could lose her. If it doesn,t then confront the friend, it could be a simple accident.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1539
      2. Car park fine UKPC1314
      3. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)811
      4. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…22

See more discussions