husky mini fridge not working

Posted 25th Jul 2019
hi, my husky stella 50 litre fridge has stopped working, no noise at all.

its model number DT1CN.

opened up a box with spade connectors where the power cable goes in and a sticker has part number KD WP 21 is this the part i need to change?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
TBH with your obvious lack of expertise in the field and having checked the fuse in the plug is OK it would be quicker and far safer to buy a new fridge for about £80 - £90 tops .
Edited by: "rogparki" 25th Jul 2019
oh do please enlighten us with your knowledge!
leitchyleck25/07/2019 20:19

oh do please enlighten us with your knowledge!

Cost more for an attempt at a repair than a new one would , I thought that point was obvious ?

If you could get the "spare part " for say £20 and it didn't fix it (likely ) what then ?

If you don't want honest advice -then don't ask for it .
deleted90213925/07/2019 20:56

Cost more for an attempt at a repair than a new one would , I thought that …Cost more for an attempt at a repair than a new one would , I thought that point was obvious ?If you could get the "spare part " for say £20 and it didn't fix it (likely ) what then ? If you don't want honest advice -then don't ask for it .

thx for your advice it was the fuse, 3amp, is that correct?
leitchyleck25/07/2019 21:10

I would keep an eye on it, there may be an underlying issue that caused the fuse to blow - make sure you replace it like for like.
maybe coz its in my garden hut?
fed from a double socket on the decking going to a fuse box in hut.
leitchyleck25/07/2019 21:10

Don't know what the electrical rating is but I would imagine much higher than 700 watts (a 3Amp fuse ). The compressor will draw a larger current when kicking in, so I would recommend a 13A fuse (it'll still blow if you have a permanent fault ) , 3Amp is almost certain to blow during normal operation . Do you agree @PennyTrader ?
deleted90213925/07/2019 21:26

Don't know what the electrical rating is but I would imagine much higher …Don't know what the electrical rating is but I would imagine much higher than 700 watts (a 3Amp fuse ). The compressor will draw a larger current when kicking in, so I would recommend a 13A fuse (it'll still blow if you have a permanent fault ) , 3Amp is almost certain to blow during normal operation . Do you agree @PennyTrader ?

A typical 50litre branded Husky mini-fridge is rated at 85W running. A 3 Amp fuse should provide ample headroom for compressor startups.
AndyRoyd25/07/2019 21:41

A typical 50litre branded Husky mini-fridge is rated at 85W running. A 3 …A typical 50litre branded Husky mini-fridge is rated at 85W running. A 3 Amp fuse should provide ample headroom for compressor startups.

If that figure is correct ? a 3A fuse should indeed suffice , although only normally used for low current electronic devices . And if it doesn't suffice it will blow . Ah .... er .... isn't that what has happened to the OPs Fridge .
I would hazard a guess to say the outside temp maybe affecting it. It may repair itself when it cools down a bit. Not scientific I know, I had one at Uni and it didn't like hot weather
I seem to remember a reset button at the back
deleted90213925/07/2019 21:26

Don't know what the electrical rating is but I would imagine much higher …Don't know what the electrical rating is but I would imagine much higher than 700 watts (a 3Amp fuse ). The compressor will draw a larger current when kicking in, so I would recommend a 13A fuse (it'll still blow if you have a permanent fault ) , 3Amp is almost certain to blow during normal operation . Do you agree @PennyTrader ?

Not sure on fuse ratings on this but surely the OP has checked like for like?

Still dont excuse your rudeness on the other post Roger - the dodger!
Edited by: "PennyTrader" 25th Jul 2019
Not rude just honest advice . If you don't understand electrics you shouldn't mess around with an electrical appliance !

By your outrage at any perceived "rudeness" I take it you are sympathetic to the "Snowflake " generation ?

Anyway , honest or rude OP took advice and found fridge fault (blown fuse ) so jobs a good un .
Usually fridge compressor have cut outs. Could have over heated and then needed time to cool down. Before taking the fuse out did you check there was power coming into the compressor or down the lead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants