Hydrangeas showing red spots and leaves. Picture attached

Posted 4th Oct
Could someone please help with how I can save/help this hydrangeas plant please. Tried google but would rather hear from a gardener on here. Thank you in advance
3304693.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of hydrangea leaves go red in autumn. In fact lots of plants do. It's because the plant withdraws all to nutrients from the leaves to prepare for winter. The plant looks perfectly healthy. The leaves on my pear tree have turned bright red and some plants are grown specifically because they do this.
psychobitchfromhell04/10/2019 19:02

I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of hydrangea leaves go red in autumn. In …I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of hydrangea leaves go red in autumn. In fact lots of plants do. It's because the plant withdraws all to nutrients from the leaves to prepare for winter. The plant looks perfectly healthy. The leaves on my pear tree have turned bright red and some plants are grown specifically because they do this.

Thank you very much
Quick Google and....

'Hydrangea leaves turning red usually happens when plants are growing in full sun and have experienced a dry spell. Cool weather — on either end of the growing season — can also trigger a red-purple color in leaves. The other issue could be a phosphorus shortage in soil, especially if leaves turn more purple than red.'
Lack of iron
Ringfinger04/10/2019 19:56

Quick Google and....'Hydrangea leaves turning red usually happens when …Quick Google and....'Hydrangea leaves turning red usually happens when plants are growing in full sun and have experienced a dry spell. Cool weather — on either end of the growing season — can also trigger a red-purple color in leaves. The other issue could be a phosphorus shortage in soil, especially if leaves turn more purple than red.'

op didn't want the opinion of Google though. Wanted to hear from a gardener. I answered as a gardener. That's a healthy plant preparing for winter
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 4th Oct
psychobitchfromhell04/10/2019 20:02

op didn't want the opinion of Google though. Wanted to hear from a …op didn't want the opinion of Google though. Wanted to hear from a gardener. I answered as a gardener. That's a healthy plant preparing for winter

I'm not a gardener by any means - I once supreme 3 months nurturing a strange plant in the garden convinced it was a flower, only to find a six foot Scottish thistle in the middle of the lawn when winter had finished and I went back into the garden.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 4th Oct
Ringfinger04/10/2019 20:34

I'm not a gardener by any means - I once supreme 3 months nurturing a …I'm not a gardener by any means - I once supreme 3 months nurturing a strange plant in the garden convinced it was a flower, only to find a six foot Scottish thistle in the middle of the lawn when winter had finished and I went back into the garden.

I was once listening to gardeners question time many years ago and a lady brought in a very pretty plants she had found growing under the bird table as she wanted to grow more. It was cannabis. Happens quite often apparently
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants