Hypnosis, can it help fix relationshio trust issues ?

Found 23rd Dec 2017
So, my mum is considering leaving my dad as he showed affection to a female friend whilst on holiday as a group. He gave her alot of attention and my mum was and is devastated. They have been married 30 year's. My mum has tried counseling but hasn't worked. Could it be possible to be hypnotized to help deal with this ? I'd appreciate any advice as this is really a tough time. Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Recommend a threesome. I'm sure that would resolve matters.
24 Comments

A don’t think a hypnotist would do this it would be against there code off practice! Hope it works out ! Try have a good Christmas and get u dad too show you mum what she would be missing if she left ! Merry Christmas

If the trust has gone. No therapy will help. Only her husband can heal the trust,

What's wrong with being affectionate to a female friend they have in common in front of your mum?

Why not try mediation

Does he always do this? Or was this the last straw? I would suggest couples counselling.

moomoomeemee24 m ago

Does he always do this? Or was this the last straw? I would suggest …Does he always do this? Or was this the last straw? I would suggest couples counselling.

They said they have tried that.

you mean hypnotise your dad to stop flirting with other women?

oliverkennedy1018 m ago

They said they have tried that.

"mum has tried counselling" I assumed that meant mum?

sounds like dad is the problem not mum.

As said they should try Relate or similar. It needs to be addressed as a couple.

mas9919 m ago

sounds like dad is the problem not mum.As said they should try Relate or …sounds like dad is the problem not mum.As said they should try Relate or similar. It needs to be addressed as a couple.

Without knowing the couple, his mum could be the overly jealous type or his dad the overly flirty bloke. Could be either or both causing problems. This sort of issue tend to be long standing so this incident may have hit a nerve and is the last straw for his mum

I don't get it

If the dad is flirting with a known friend and he has never ever been unfaithful why is it his fault?

It's all about trust, honesty and understanding and if your dad is honest (eg faithful) your mother should be understanding and trusting

Yes if he's going through a mid life crisis or is unfaithful no amount of counselling etc for your mother will help.

But if he's been a good sound solid faithful man then it's definitely your mother who is looking for any excuse to end the relationship.

Questions need to be asked and in this day and age we shouldn't just put all the blame on men.

philphil6110 m ago

I don't get itIf the dad is flirting with a known friend and he has never …I don't get itIf the dad is flirting with a known friend and he has never ever been unfaithful why is it his fault?It's all about trust, honesty and understanding and if your dad is honest (eg faithful) your mother should be understanding and trustingYes if he's going through a mid life crisis or is unfaithful no amount of counselling etc for your mother will help.But if he's been a good sound solid faithful man then it's definitely your mother who is looking for any excuse to end the relationship.Questions need to be asked and in this day and age we shouldn't just put all the blame on men.

I agree. I am quite liberal, open minded and fair in my views of the sexes, and dont believe it is always the man’s fault. When a relationship breaks down, often it is both partners fault or they were wrong for each other to begin with.

On the other hand, I’ve just come out of a relationship because it always came back round to accusing me of flirting with and sleeping with other people when he’s not around. I literally have not looked at another man since I met my chap but no matter what I say nothing will make him feel more secure. We talk it through, he says it’s all ok now and then a few months later flips out again. No idea what’s happening in this situation but it’s really tough being with someone who reads something into absolutely nothing.
Edited by: "bluep" 23rd Dec 2017

They're on holiday they're allowed to let their hair down.

Ross_872 h, 44 m ago

Can’t believe 2 people liked this ! Lol

Not sure it would help, Trust is generally earned, 30 years is a lot to throw away. I hope your parents resolve there trust issues. Merry Xmas.

Maybe the mum needs to make more effort in her appearance as after having mutton for 30 years maybe he wants a bit of lamb.
Suggesting hypnosis to suppress a man's urges though is quite laughable.

In short ....NO! ... Both are at fault, me and my other half have been together 31 years next June, it's bloody hard work ... Both are to blame although one could be more to blame than the other, you have no idea what goes on in a relationship, esp one between mother and father! The easiest thing to do is make both realise that they're both hurting one another - harder to do than anything - It would be a shame if the relationship came to an end regardless of who's to blame, 30 years is a long time, they need to work at it, they obviously love each other deep down or they wouldn't still be together, both need to compromise!

Ross_878 h, 48 m ago

What....mum, dad and son ?

benrobertsno12 h, 18 m ago

Maybe the mum needs to make more effort in her appearance as after having …Maybe the mum needs to make more effort in her appearance as after having mutton for 30 years maybe he wants a bit of lamb.Suggesting hypnosis to suppress a man's urges though is quite laughable.

airfix52 m ago

What....mum, dad and son ?

They've got enough on their plate, without you assuming they're from Norfolk
Edited by: "Ross_87" 23rd Dec 2017

You are in my power, if you ever flirt with "X" again, you will feel a stabbing pain.....

No, not the hypnosis, it's the Missus behind you with the scissors!

How old is your mum?

Women, it seems, tend to get incredibly insecure and paranoid around their menopause. They tend to act irrationally and desperately in response to anything that might be a threat. I don't know how old your mum is, but 30 years potentially puts her bang in the middle of that crazy menopausal-lady era, which might well explain her actions and thoughts.

I don't know what she can do. Best you can hope for, I suppose, is to bargain with her to stick with him for another year, and in the meantime, hope the biological and psychological nightmare involuntarily happening within her resolves enough that she sees sense.
Post a comment
@
    Text