Hypothetically Question! You buy a "gift card" and notice it allows UNLIMITED Spending.. Do you.. Stop and tell the company or Spend, Spend, Spend?

Found 24th Mar 2017
I want to see what other people would do.. if you bought or were giving a "gift card" and noticed that you could spend what you wanted on it.. what would you do.. The gift card would be for a store like asda, tesco etc.

I would call this a glitch! would you?

This is a hypothetically question!
Community Updates
AskCardGift Card
35 Comments
Please don't abuse this. Actions need to be taken!

You can send any such cards to myself and I'll take such actions.

They may not be the right actions, but they will be actions.

Please, please, don't tell me this is a Wethersponns glitch and I've missed the boat!
This is a hypothetical question!
https://reelchangedotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/brewsters-millions1.jpg
I know of a factory open day where there were unlimited spending cards for the factory vending machines. One card was discovered behind a desk sometime later. A select few used the card for years until one day it stopped
No dilemma here.
Not really a gift card but whatabout one of these
http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2461023.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Nandos-Blackcard.jpg
mattmerch

This is a hypothetical question!

I just want to see what others would do.. I would Iike comments about if you would call this a glitch too..

Edited by: "Henlans" 24th Mar 2017
Henlans

I just want to see what others would do.. I would Iike comments about if … I just want to see what others would do.. I would Iike comments about if you would call this a glitch too..

Call it a glitch?

Better than that Guy who could change water into wine!
It's a miracle and you've been blessed.

backinstock

Call it a glitch?Better than that Guy who could change water into … Call it a glitch?Better than that Guy who could change water into wine!It's a miracle and you've been blessed.

He didnt exactly end up in a good place though mind you he was able to juggle maltesers at the end so always an upside
Henlans

I just want to see what others would do.. I would Iike comments about if … I just want to see what others would do.. I would Iike comments about if you would call this a glitch too..

was correcting the spelling thats all
I used to have a Klix key, for the coffee vending machines.

Free coffee from any machine anywhere at that time, coffee always tasted crap though so really wasn't that exciting.
Edited by: "Robj1" 24th Mar 2017
"Hypothetical" :P
Spend, spend, spend and then sit sit sit
If you were to use it knowing there was an error it would be stealing in my book
I worked as a cleaner in the evening for a year after sixth form, ended up with a tonne of toilet roll dispenser keys, not that the sand paper was worth nicking.

Also keys for those menstrual pad boxes, if i knew what i knew about the internet now then, i'd be a millionaire.
I would blitz it for a bit and then leave it for a year and then have another go.
I know what coventgamer would say to this: hotukdeals.com/dea…074
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 24th Mar 2017
Are you asking if this is legally theft? Because yes it's theft.
SPEND SPEND SPEND

please share
I'd post it as a deal knowing nobody else could get it and watch my deal get heat
And no i wouldn't abuse it
No I won't but I'll keep it on hand just incase
I'd rip the a$$ out of it while ye can! X)
I'd assume that somehow I would get found out and tracked down eg cctv and my car registration traced , so that alone would stop me. (_;)
I would love to spend spend spend but I know I wouldn't.
I think you should sell said gift card to me.... I will make sure it's..... Properly disposed of
well if u buyed it isn't it urs u probably paid alt of money for it. I can sell u one for a lot of money if u want one off me I don't see what's wrong with that. u have unlimited broadband etc so why not make a unlimited gift card a good idea I think that would be I may make one for when I eventually set up a business.
Get things delivered to my neighbors address with my name
jimhuf

Get things delivered to my neighbors address with my name

not very good if you can only use it in store!
I would take advantage of it, but not abuse it. Not only do I cover my a$$ in case it gets exposed, but it makes it less possible that the glitch is exposed.
Get as much as I could before it was stopped.
Probably by buying other gift cards.
Me - well I would rip the a?@E out of it and make sure there was no trace back to me - I would use it til the day I died and take the secret of it to the grave
Hammer it xxx
Go full throttle for sure!
Of course, spend , let's say , £100 a week and then you won't get flagged.
I would give some food to the homeless, then if I got caught you can tell them it went to a good cause. X)
Good question Mr Henlans , I would think their is a certain reason , you ask such a question?
I would use it as it is not your fault , what as happened it is a "gift card" after all!
And as just one of them things , of which is not theft as it is called a "gift card" So as been said perhaps spend as a normal shop and perhaps food for the homeless as been said would be nice. This is a hypothetically question after all!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants