Expired

Hyundai ix35 v Kia Sportage? I just can't decide between them!

Found 11th Jun 2014
I know neither of them are highly rated but I'm looking for a nearly new Hyundai ix35 or Kia Sportage - can anyone help me decide please?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Bought a 2011 ix35 last year from a non franchise dealer. Had it 16 months and done 10000 miles in that time.
Had 2 rear parking sensors replaced and new steering wheel audio control in the time we've owned it, all done without quibble under the 5 year Hyundai warranty by the local main dealer (Hatfields of York).
Ours is 1.7 diesel style 2 wheel drive and seems to average around 50mpg in general day to day use.
Thank you very much! I ordered one yesterday, an ix35 Go SE (due September). A little confused as I thought the SE edition was limited to 150 but apparently there is a next batch due in September so fingers crossed!
They are basically the same car....I test drove both but bought a new iX35 in Jan due to:

thicker steering wheel
free satnav thrown in
free leather seats thrown in

Have done 4000 miles and love it
We have a hyundia Santa Fe, we bought it from hatfields at Bury, it's needed several bits of warranty work doing. All carried out with no fuss. The only thing I would say about hatfields is the have cracking prices on cars, however there service is very uncompetitive. I find the hyundia dealer in bolton, over £100 cheaper on servicing costs!
damo1972

We have a hyundia Santa Fe, we bought it from hatfields at Bury, it's … We have a hyundia Santa Fe, we bought it from hatfields at Bury, it's needed several bits of warranty work doing. All carried out with no fuss. The only thing I would say about hatfields is the have cracking prices on cars, however there service is very uncompetitive. I find the hyundia dealer in bolton, over £100 cheaper on servicing costs!

damo1972, I had the same problem recently with servicing prices at Hatfields.
I found I could get the 3 year service £50 cheaper elsewhere, rung Hatfields and told them I would love them to do the work but they were £50 too expensive. They matched the price without quibbling or checking it and only charged £30 for the MOT.
Worth a try next time you're due a service..
yorkypikey

damo1972, I had the same problem recently with servicing prices at … damo1972, I had the same problem recently with servicing prices at Hatfields.I found I could get the 3 year service £50 cheaper elsewhere, rung Hatfields and told them I would love them to do the work but they were £50 too expensive. They matched the price without quibbling or checking it and only charged £30 for the MOT. Worth a try next time you're due a service..

unfortunately I tried that but we were too far apart, it a shame really as there sales is spot on. I think it's because the dealers at bury are Volvo and Hyundai and charge Volvo labour rates.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants