hyundai tucson 1.7crdi 2016 or nissan qashqai 1.5dci?

Found 14th Oct 2015
I was going to get a hyundai tucson 1.7crdi but I don't know anyone who ever own a hyundai no mind a hyundai tucson or a nissan qashqai you own one could u let me know what u think, all the car review sites are driving the top of the range (price of a council house) cars, jeeps ect and they don't review for average joes like me thanks in advance.

11 Comments

we bought a Sssanyong Tivoli 1.6 tdci for just 14,145 with 5 year warranty upto 72 mpg happy days

hyundai tucson 1.7crdi 2016 or nissan qashqai 1.5dci

can you give me next weeks lottery numbers? you from the future

I find most car sites have reviewed all cars on the market. The manufacturer may have provided a higher trim model for the review but the basic review will still be sound. Higher trims are a lot about equipment, they do sometimes feel a little bit plusher but they're not going to hugely change the review of the car.

You'll struggle to find a bad car these days so a lot of it just comes down to personal preference. Both the qashqai and the ix35/Tucson are popular models. Neither would be to my tastes, I'd much rather go for an estate car because I find they look so much better and the medium ones at least are more fuel efficient. Something like a Civic Tourer, Mazda 6 or Volvo V70 all come in at a similar £19-20k price to the Tucson after discounts.

A hard choice as both are good cars, hyundai are so much better quality than 5-10 years ago.
Write down a list of wants that you need, eg air con, front heated windscreen, mp3 radio, sat-nav etc.
Then pick the most suitable,, also look at running costs from tax, mpg, service etc.
then finally which can give you the best deal. Be cheeky and haggle hard, tell them your looking at other cars and if you can get the deal you want you will buy it then, but have a price to aim for ( around 8%) is typical.
One last thing, just before you shake on a deal ask for a full tank of fuel, mats and a car cleaning and polishing kit.
Be hard, they need your money. Good luck, ps i would prefer the tucson as i think it looks a bit better.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

I find most car sites have reviewed all cars on the market. The … I find most car sites have reviewed all cars on the market. The manufacturer may have provided a higher trim model for the review but the basic review will still be sound. Higher trims are a lot about equipment, they do sometimes feel a little bit plusher but they're not going to hugely change the review of the car.You'll struggle to find a bad car these days so a lot of it just comes down to personal preference. Both the qashqai and the ix35/Tucson are popular models. Neither would be to my tastes, I'd much rather go for an estate car because I find they look so much better and the medium ones at least are more fuel efficient. Something like a Civic Tourer, Mazda 6 or Volvo V70 all come in at a similar £19-20k price to the Tucson after discounts.

​^well the hyundai tucson 1.7crdi blue drive se nav 5dr dose 61.7 mpg I don't see many estate cars that can do that and the hyundai tucson is touching the 2 ton mark.

Original Poster

cornishscouse

A hard choice as both are good cars, hyundai are so much better quality … A hard choice as both are good cars, hyundai are so much better quality than 5-10 years ago. Write down a list of wants that you need, eg air con, front heated windscreen, mp3 radio, sat-nav etc. Then pick the most suitable,, also look at running costs from tax, mpg, service etc.then finally which can give you the best deal. Be cheeky and haggle hard, tell them your looking at other cars and if you can get the deal you want you will buy it then, but have a price to aim for ( around 8%) is typical. One last thing, just before you shake on a deal ask for a full tank of fuel, mats and a car cleaning and polishing kit. Be hard, they need your money. Good luck, ps i would prefer the tucson as i think it looks a bit better.

​thank you and yea the hyundai tucson looks the dogs stones

Original Poster

sinclairer

we bought a Sssanyong Tivoli 1.6 tdci for just 14,145 with 5 year … we bought a Sssanyong Tivoli 1.6 tdci for just 14,145 with 5 year warranty upto 72 mpg happy days

​my god 72mpg we only dreamed of that type of miles 10 years ago lol

I have the qashqai 1.5dci ntec +, very happy with it. Would recommend.

aliboy86

​^well the hyundai tucson 1.7crdi blue drive se nav 5dr dose 61.7 mpg I d … ​^well the hyundai tucson 1.7crdi blue drive se nav 5dr dose 61.7 mpg I don't see many estate cars that can do that and the hyundai tucson is touching the 2 ton mark.

I doubt both of those claims.

It's would be absurd for it to be a two ton vehicle. Looking on the Hyundai website lists it as 1.58 tons with a 2 ton figure for the weight it'll be if you load it up to the maximum:
http://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/tucson

61.7mpg isn't unheard of for a car that size. The C4 Cactus would do that and I'd expect Honda's new HR-V to get close to that too. However, Hyundai's 1.7 diesel isn't the most efficient engine around and on similar size Hyundais and Kias people report it doing around 50mpg. 10mpg more from a new body and maybe an engine revision is unlikely, I'd expect 5mpg at most and it wouldn't surprise me if it did the same as it's predecessor.

As for estate cars generally they'll get a few mpg more than the crossover with the same engine because they're pushing less air out of the way. So the Hyundai i40 was more efficient than the old ix35 and could well be more efficient than the new Tucson. The most efficient diesel engine on the market right now in the real world looks to be Honda's 1.6 from which people are reporting astonishing figures. The civic tourer will do 65mpg with no trouble at all, and people are saying they get in excess of 55mpg even from the big lump that is the CR-V.

VW Group and Peugeot/Citroen also seem to do well, I'd expect 60mpg from the most efficient versions of models like the 308 SW, Leon ST and Golf Estate. Generally you can expect 55mpg from most medium estates and 50mpg from most larger estates.

And at 50mpg you could even consider some of the best petrol engines like Peugeot's new 1.2 Puretech 130 in the 308 estate.

That's all assuming manual gearboxes, automatics are an entirely different kettle of fish.

If you go go a qashqai, then go do 1.6, I am just about to upgrade fro a 1.5 to a 1.6 and I was surprised at the difference in power on the test drive .
The qashqai is more popular and does cost more, but had more extras and better styling in my opinion .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants