Hyundai Tucson real world MPG opinions

Found 11th Sep 2011
Hi . . . May seem a bit of a random topic but I was wondering if anyone on here runs or has previously owned a Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CRTD.

Im thinking about buying one as on paper they seem to be a decent soft roader with a good mix of performance and economy but I have heard some stories of people getting shocking bad returns on fuel.

The manufacturers quoted combined figure is 39mpg but I have heard under real world conditions and average driving some people struggle to get 26- 30 mpg!

I realise that some of this may be down to driving style but I wanted to see if anyone on here had any experience with this car and could give me an honest opinion about how much diesel this thing drinks.

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscHyundai
7 Comments
Banned
You won't get anywhere near the quoted 39mpg

30 would be about fair
Original Poster
Cheers, is that from experience, was that mainly motorway driving?

Yeah, some friends have Rav4s and Xtrails and they are actually pretty close to the quoted combined figures, was just trying to figure out if the Hyundai was like thiis or not as I dont want to be stuck with something that does less than 30mpg as I could get a petrol soft roader that could do that.

Have you seen the new volvo - 969 miles or something like that.

pretty hard to believe though lol - get a merc / or a vw tourag and invest yourself a biodiesel machine no need to worry about mpg !
Banned
Boom123

Have you seen the new volvo - 969 miles or something like that.

That's some mpg figure!

My i30 1.6CRDi Premium claims 69mph... but I'd say I dont even get 60 from it. Still very economical non the less. Got the tax reminder in the post yesterday.... Probably the only time Ive been happy to pay road tax..... £30.... gotta love it.

Inb4 a demented company car Audi driver appears....
Boom123

Have you seen the new volvo - 969 miles or something like that.pretty … Have you seen the new volvo - 969 miles or something like that.pretty hard to believe though lol - get a merc / or a vw tourag and invest yourself a biodiesel machine no need to worry about mpg !

They have huge fuel tanks, not world-breaking economy, hence the large figure for a full tank.
Banned
You'll be lucky to get 30 from the Hyundai. It's engine is old school. Not experience but common sense
i've got one,and yes its true,it is more thirsty than they quote.not too bad but deffo not anyway near what they say.i can put up with it though, coz apart from it being a little thirsty, its an ace car,no probs at all.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions