Groups

i am confused dot dot dot... looking for pc monitor- 22 inch- budget 140 quid

Hello experts,
    I am looking for a reliable pc monitor (oh tft) for general use- no gaming; mainly surfing net and esp hotdeals
    i have read quite a few threads.. all i have understood is resolution & contrast should be high. how about this one:
    pixmania.co.uk/uk/…tml
    or are there any better ones. advice will be much appreciated.
    many thanks,
    simar

2 Comments

I think your advice is a bit out of date there, with TFTs the resolution is the same for 99% of the monitor of each size, it can even be the same across sizes. Higher contrast is good, but these days just ignore the figure. Between dynamic not-really-contrast and contrast measurements made at eye-searing brightness the statistic is next to worthless.

Basically from the specs you can't tell whether a monitor is excellent or a lemon.

At that price I would normally recommend going down to a 20" for general use since it's the same resolution and you'd get a better monitor for your money but if you're just browsing the net then things like colour accuracy and black depth (contrast) don't really matter and the larger text on a 22" will probably make it better for your use.

You should be fine with any of the major monitor manufacturers: NEC, BenQ, LG, Dell, Viewsonic, iiyama even Samsung if you can stand the cheap glossy plastic they use.

Original Poster

thanks for the advice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1116
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?11
      3. The State on Ch422
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32185

See more discussions