Groups

I am due a upgrade on Vodafone and I want a iphone 6 64GB.

I am just wondering what the best deal people got.

12 Comments

Buy your phone outright if you are able to and go to giff gaff. Ive been with VF 15 years and had the worst experience ever relating to a faulty phone. Cant wait to leave when im out of contract.

You can buy from Giffgaff and pay monthly but you don't have to use their tariffs. Also try Carphonewarehouse. Phone is unlocked from both companies.

Also heard some good deals at CEX.

do not go with vodafone.... terrible!!

I've been with vodafone for years and no complaints. If you have friends working for certain companies, you can get an employee discount too.

vodafone.co.uk/emp…ea/

I upgraded to the S5 when it came out and got about £12 off the tariff through this scheme.

Original Poster

Thanks for your comments, Vodafone don't want my business any more I have found a deal on T-Mobile for £29.99 p/m with £150 down, 500 min and unlimited text and Internet and they won't match it

Beermonster112

Thanks for your comments, Vodafone don't want my business any more I have … Thanks for your comments, Vodafone don't want my business any more I have found a deal on T-Mobile for £29.99 p/m with £150 down, 500 min and unlimited text and Internet and they won't match it

for 64gb ?

Original Poster

No 16 Gb but the best deal I have found

Buy it outright if you can - works the cheapest - the needlessly jacked up pay monthly with unlimited minutes etc. is just a gimmick - unless ofcourse you guzzle up those minutes and data !

Beermonster im in exactly the same boat as you and had planned to try to get them to pricematch the unlimited data from tmobile.

I had planned to say; look your 4g coverage is non-existant in my area and none is planned for roll out.... can you beat the deal above and tag on 24 months Skysports subscription for free due to the zero 4g. Yes / no

Did they not come back to you?

To the best of my knowledge they just dont offer ipone retention deals? I've just asked that very question tonight.

Edited by: "mightykaboosh" 12th Jan 2015

Original Poster

I got a iPhone 6 64gb for £34 p/m no upfront cost 3gb p/m unlimited text 600 min had a friend who can get Vodafone VEA discount

Beermonster112

I got a iPhone 6 64gb for £34 p/m no upfront cost 3gb p/m unlimited text … I got a iPhone 6 64gb for £34 p/m no upfront cost 3gb p/m unlimited text 600 min had a friend who can get Vodafone VEA discount

Did you get it on 4g?

They offered me, 1gb of data on 4g tarrif had to pay £29.99 for the phone but it's only a 16gb one works out at £32.04 / month after vea, factoring in the £29.99, so £30.80/ month without it. Took it, tried to pricematch giffgaff, but they weren't having it. Didn't haggle hard this time as just wanted a 'cheap' iphone and don't use data, they blagged me into getting the 4g but I doubt i'll see it where I live within the next 2 years anyway.

Was also offered the same deal on 3g but without the upfront phone cost.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk11
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick88

See more discussions