Found 22nd Aug 2008
I posted my house and car keys in a parcel for an ebay buyer by accident and my lodger was overseas with the spares!

My parents argued they didn't have a spare key but I took every single key from their house and tried them all, 29th key later whayhay!!! Finally got in but don't want another few hours like that on a friday!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
36 Comments

I'd get your locks changed ASAP! If the buyer is unscrupulous he could come and rob your house and then drive off in your car!

Round your's for celebrating? :roll:

glad to have you safe and sound.

here's a reminder ...
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/la/atla-032708-keys01.jpg

If I buy something from you on eBay, would you mind including your wallet?

Sorry Leila but I laughed............it is sooo something I would do

Glad you sorted it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

lol, no I can see the funny side too. I felt sick but I did laugh. Good job the buyer was on the mainland and I'm in Ireland, they might not fancy forking out plane tickets to rob me, hehe.

But I definitely do the dumbest things, I was just so sleepy today. Anyone else done anything stupid this week to make me feel less of a sterotypical Northern Irish person? hehe

Leila70;2804241

lol, no I can see the funny side too. I felt sick but I did laugh. Good … lol, no I can see the funny side too. I felt sick but I did laugh. Good job the buyer was on the mainland and I'm in Ireland, they might not fancy forking out plane tickets to rob me, hehe.

They still have your address, and your house keys, even if they send them back, there's nothing stopping them getting them cut first. Then they could be posted to Irish contacts or wait for a holiday.

I wouldn't be taking this so lightly

That is the sort of thing I do lol

kippy;2804193

glad to have you safe and sound.here's a reminder ...

kippy you're evil lol

http://www.hometips.com/catimages/011810_home_security.jpg

---edit
spammers i know lol hehehehehe.

Original Poster

peodude;2804323

They still have your address, and your house keys, even if they send them … They still have your address, and your house keys, even if they send them back, there's nothing stopping them getting them cut first. Then they could be posted to Irish contacts or wait for a holiday.I wouldn't be taking this so lightly

Well, not a lot I can do today and because of the bank holiday they won't receive them through the post for a few days so I can get the locks changed in a few days. You just have to look atthe funny side. The locks won't be that expensive to change just a nuisance.

Banned

how did you manage that? :s

Original Poster

salder21;2804427

how did you manage that? :s

I'm on crutches at the minute and couldn't manage to carry the coat into work with me to post it from the post office next door so I put it on to just walk from the car, then wrapped it and posted it not thinking. I know dumb dumb dumb lol

You sold your house on eBay?! lol

Banned

oh rite it was a coat. lol i thought it was going to be something else. something small lol

Original Poster

Abvance;2804475

You sold your house on eBay?! lol

lol, nooooooooo, haha, it's hard enough holding onto a house at the minute without selling it on ebay, flip imagine the ebay fees!

paypal fees ...

Original Poster

I will booby trap the house!

Leila70;2804625

I will booby trap the house!

Like in Home Alone? :giggle:

Original Poster

yep, imagine a Northern Irish version hehe, oops I shouldn't joke

I do know that I shouldn't laugh.
:giggle: - sorry!!

chesso;2804673

I do know that I shouldn't laugh.:giggle: - sorry!!

chesso - over to the naughty step at once!!! :whistling:

Original Poster

ah well, I am sooooo tired now, off to bed with me after I barracade myself in, night night

Leila70;2804709

ah well, I am sooooo tired now, off to bed with me after I barracade … ah well, I am sooooo tired now, off to bed with me after I barracade myself in, night night

night, night leila - don't forget to balance the bucket of water over the bedroom door!!! :thumbsup:

water cannon ... then water slide pops up, victim is transported to basement torture chambers.

kippy;2804850

water cannon ... then water slide pops up, victim is transported to … water cannon ... then water slide pops up, victim is transported to basement torture chambers.

there you go again kippy ----- you and your over active imagination!!! :-D

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre0801l.jpg

suze --> think this is bad? ... have just put some food pun on yr thread hehe.

kippy;2804924

suze --> our usual thread has some food pun too ...

kippy - you are on fire tonight!!!! :thumbsup:

just tryng to keep awake.

kippy;2804959

just tryng to keep awake.

why?

Go to bed if you are tired, will do you good.

yes. i was going to try post some piccys on the caturday thread if i did stay up.

kippy;2805004

yes. i was going to try post some piccys on the caturday thread if i did … yes. i was going to try post some piccys on the caturday thread if i did stay up.

oh, I see. You are obsessed with cataday!!! :-D

lol obsessed? it's something people do, a hobby.

tricky - what story are you talking about? too many.

---oh oops i forgot we were not on our regular thread suze LOL. too many windows.

Trickyjabs;2805030

Jusy out of curiosity, why did you post that story on this site? Isn't … Jusy out of curiosity, why did you post that story on this site? Isn't it hotukdeals.com not everydaymisshaps.com? :whistling:

Worrying. Who are you talking to or is it a general warning? Which story? Was it a story or was it the truth? Does everydaymisshaps,com exist. What is that whistling sound?

everydaymisshapes?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/7/2006/10/misshapes.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games56
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3369
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522882
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***822

See more discussions