i am looking for a book it's called macclesfield woven pictures by lewis cowen

Found 11th Sep 2008
i have checked abes and can only find one. which is silly money as he wants just under a thousand dollars for it. can you help me to find one please .

1. Misc
  2. Book
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Book
10 Comments

No luck with the silk museum when you posted before?

Q. Where can I find out more about Macclesfield Silk Pictures?

A. A short publication is available from the Silk Museum for £2.50. There is also a book entitled “Macclesfield Woven Silk Pictures” by Louis Cohen, which can also be purchased at the Macclesfield Silk Museum price £12.

macclesfield.silk.museum/fre…htm

is this it?

Original Poster

no but i did buy an old silk family from abes bookshop .that someone on here gave me a link to so thought i would see if anyone knew where i may be able to get this one from as well

arghh was just going to post exactly the same thing! lol

This was suggested when OP posted last month so wondered why they didn't get it from there?

hotukdeals.com/ite…re/

Why am I even on here looking at this?! Must go and do the washing ...

Original Poster

thanks but this louis cohen is nt the one i am looking for .i am looking for lewis cowen who did all the history of the silks as i have rang to see if it was a mis spell but isnt .

Original Poster

thanks for trying rep left for you both and i will keep searching

How bizarre, don't get me wrong I'm not doubting you but I can't believe there are 2 different books, both with the same title, one written by lewis cowen and the other by louis cohen??!!! The names are even pronounced the same! How odd! Good luck in your search :thumbsup:

Original Poster

1. Macclesfield woven silk pictures
Lewis Cowen
Bookseller: Amerigo
(Köln, NRW, Germany)
Bookseller Rating: 2-star rating
Price: £ 535.33
[Convert Currency]
Quantity: 1 Shipping within Germany:
£ 1.84
[Rates & Speeds] Add Book to Shopping Basket

At least the postage is cheap!! FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS for a book on silk!!! OMG!
Post a comment
@
    Text