I am looking to get a hybrid car, can someone please advise if this looks ok?

Posted 13th Oct 2021
I saw one on eBay to me it seems fine but not too sure so looking for advise from someone experienced.

ebay.co.uk/itm…333?hash=item23f1058d8d:g:9mcAAOSwildfqQPD

thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
15+ year old car, that battery will be well gone, avoid I would say
22 Comments
  1. Avatar
    15+ year old car, that battery will be well gone, avoid I would say
  2. Avatar
    5 weeks MOT left.
  3. Avatar
    Yeah, nah.
    15 year old battery probably hardly holds a charge by now.
    Also over 100K miles
    Edited by: "J_." 13th Oct 2021
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Is it reasonable for to expect a hybrid car for less than £3000?
  5. Avatar
    BobbyBoy2113/10/2021 18:38

Is it reasonable for to expect a hybrid car for less than £3000?

Not a decent one that won't crap out on you too long after buying

You might find this helpful - you'll probably need to spend around 5K to get something worth the money

blog.cargurus.co.uk/buy…et/
    Edited by: "J_." 13th Oct 2021
  6. Avatar
    My mates is a 2015 Prius with 165,000 miles on it.
    Apart from service kits, brake pads and a set of plugs at 100,000 hes not replaced anything.
    If the battery is ok and you get 1 year mot it could be ok.
    But when you buy a second hand car who knows what you will get.

Found this have a read. Not much I know but

nicelocal.co.uk/lon…rs/
    Edited by: "bigwheels" 13th Oct 2021
  7. Avatar
    Battery may or may not be gone. Toyota/Lexus engineered them well in those days. Ask to see the battery test report that gets done alongside a dealer service.

May be a low insurance group but at 15 years, many insurers start bumping premiums because parts are a night mare.
  8. Avatar
    Avoid.
  9. Avatar
    Wonder how many Cats its had?
  10. Avatar
    Worth £2580 on we buy any car get it bought
  11. Avatar
    Why do you want to buy a hybrid? I very much doubt that that Prius is going to be as economical as you think?
  12. Avatar
    IAmATeaf13/10/2021 20:13

Why do you want to buy a hybrid? I very much doubt that that Prius is …Why do you want to buy a hybrid? I very much doubt that that Prius is going to be as economical as you think?

My mate get 55-59mpg cabbing it around town.
    I think that’s quite good
  13. Avatar
    Last years mot gave 104746 miles. This weeks add says 101982...

Seems odd to bother for that?
  14. Avatar
    Author
    mas9913/10/2021 21:01

Last years mot gave 104746 miles. This weeks add says 101982...Seems …Last years mot gave 104746 miles. This weeks add says 101982...Seems odd to bother for that?

Exactly why I posted on here
  15. Avatar
    Author
    Edited by: "BobbyBoy21" 14th Oct 2021
  16. Avatar
    BobbyBoy2114/10/2021 19:06

How about this one …How about this one autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110138431060?price-from=500&price-to=5000&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=tw33qs&maximum-mileage=80000&include-delivery-option=on&fuel-type=Diesel%20Hybrid&fuel-type=Diesel%20Plug-in%20Hybrid&fuel-type=Petrol%20Hybrid&fuel-type=Petrol%20Plug-in%20Hybrid&page=1Just don't want to end up with something faulty so need advise as a car would be a big purchase.If not this, does any recommend something please, willing to travel anywhere in London or within 30miles of West London.

Certainly looks a safer bet than the other one. Full service history is always a bonus. I can't see a date of MOT on it, though. Always try to get something with a recent MOT.
  17. Avatar
    BobbyBoy2114/10/2021 19:06

How about this one …How about this one autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110138431060?price-from=500&price-to=5000&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=tw33qs&maximum-mileage=80000&include-delivery-option=on&fuel-type=Diesel%20Hybrid&fuel-type=Diesel%20Plug-in%20Hybrid&fuel-type=Petrol%20Hybrid&fuel-type=Petrol%20Plug-in%20Hybrid&page=1Just don't want to end up with something faulty so need advise as a car would be a big purchase.If not this, does any recommend something please, willing to travel anywhere in London or within 30miles of West London.

Nicely presented. Depends on MOT and battery condition (given registration date MOT's likely either only couple of weeks or 11mths). Remember it's still a 15yr old car and economy will have suffered.
    Edited by: "adam.mt" 15th Oct 2021
  18. Avatar
    In the nicest possible way 'can of worms'.
    Apart from the general wear and tear on a 15 year old car you've got the health of the battery unknowns.
  19. Avatar
    I've seen your other post about ulez. In your situation perhaps think about a newer compliant small petrol car. Not trying to put you off hybrid, but at the age you're looking at it may not be ideal.
    Good luck with it.
  20. Avatar
    Fugly car
  21. Avatar
    Author
    compadre15/10/2021 00:36

I've seen your other post about ulez. In your situation perhaps think …I've seen your other post about ulez. In your situation perhaps think about a newer compliant small petrol car. Not trying to put you off hybrid, but at the age you're looking at it may not be ideal.Good luck with it.

I am not too stubborn on an hybrid just need something that'll take make from A to B and not die in between or cost a fortune with bills.

Since this is also running on petrol, if the battery isn't fully effecient now because of age, wouldn't the petrol part still be as good as another petrol only car?

Can the battery be replaced?
  22. Avatar
    BobbyBoy2115/10/2021 08:30

I am not too stubborn on an hybrid just need something that'll take make …I am not too stubborn on an hybrid just need something that'll take make from A to B and not die in between or cost a fortune with bills.Since this is also running on petrol, if the battery isn't fully effecient now because of age, wouldn't the petrol part still be as good as another petrol only car?Can the battery be replaced?

I suggest you look at some YouTube videos.
    I have a feeling that if battery not functioning correctly fault codes will be thrown up which may (or may not?) affect the running. Yes battery can be replaced, refurbished, but the cost may be prohibitive. Lots of info on line.
Post a comment
Top Merchants