I am looking to purchase an outdoor Camera to monitor front of the house

Found 15th Aug 2017
Hi Guys

I don't want anything too expensive but Ideally would like the following features.
  • Motion detection
  • Ability to record onto the device without the need to purchase any other equipment
  • Tilt
  • View camera remotely
  • Night Vision
  • HD
  • waterproof
  • Wall mountable

Any suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Banned
To record onto the device it will need a memory card, are you going to climb up the ladder each time to get the card out to check it?

Have you had a look at the Swann cameras? You can get cameras that record to the cloud with motion detection HOWEVER you need to be aware the further away the camera is the more useless it becomes. Even 1080p cameras aren't that good.

Motion Detection? the further away from whatever it's looking at the more false alerts you will get.

Night vision will need the camera to be outside (it will bounce back off glass) and again the footage at night is even worse than during the day. It is often better to turn the camera to black and white rather than colour.

If you want to hide the camera you could use something like this
ebay.co.uk/itm…qSS

If you could keep it out of the rain, high up etc you could try one of these
ebay.co.uk/itm…ely
Original Poster
Thanks for the info, I never thought about how to get the card out I will look at your suggestions.
Edited by: "kakinyemi" 16th Aug 2017
Banned
kakinyemi12 m ago

Thanks for the info, I never thought about how I am going to get the card …Thanks for the info, I never thought about how I am going to get the card out I will look your suggestions.

Dude the purpose of CCTV is to

MAKE PEOPLE AWARE THE CCTV IS THERE AND THEYRE BEING WATCHED

OR

HIDE THE CCTV TO CATCH SOMEONE OUT

The later is pointless, I don't want to catch you scratching my car I want you to see the cctv and not do it in the first place.

I have some real cctv cameras up but they're not contected. I make sure the cables are visible and used the bnc cable plugs so it looks real and plugged in. If the break in or damage my car then they would have done it anyway as they can tell.
Wireless cameras were the future but they turned out to be a pain. Don't forget wireless cameras still need the power source. Wireless cameras are competing for wifi space and your internet speed.
Not sure what you mean by tilt - can't remotely tilt and zoom this but can tilt it when fitting. Otherwise appears to meet your requirements (records to card, which you can view remotely so no need to "climb up the ladder each time") and can record remotely as well.

amazon.co.uk/IeG…KSM
Original Poster
Many Thanks. I'd rather have the camera visible to be used as a deterent.
Original Poster
barco4 m ago

Not sure what you mean by tilt - can't remotely tilt and zoom this but can …Not sure what you mean by tilt - can't remotely tilt and zoom this but can tilt it when fitting. Otherwise appears to meet your requirements (records to card, which you can view remotely so no need to "climb up the ladder each time") and can record remotely as well.https://www.amazon.co.uk/IeGeek-Waterproof-Security-Surveillance-Outdoor/dp/B01K4DRKSM

Thanks, i'll have a look
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants