Groups

I am not a Petshop! Hilarious

Real Radio live phonecall

youtube.com/wat…ted

11 Comments

Can't understand those ridiculous accents. What's it about?

Original Poster

deek72;6350448

Ridiculous accents?

Try this one instead

youtube.com/wat…x=6

cannyscot;6350532

Ridiculous accents?Try this one … Ridiculous accents?Try this one insteadhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkTPdmM-cA&feature=PlayList&p=9562E994631CD13D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

Ah, that's better! :thumbsup:

Edit: I was managing to keep a deadpan face until he said 'haggii'

Original Poster

deek72;6350653

Ah, that's better! :thumbsup:Edit: I was managing to keep a deadpan face … Ah, that's better! :thumbsup:Edit: I was managing to keep a deadpan face until he said 'haggii'

Pics or you laughed! :whistling:

deek72;6350448

So, because It is a regional accent it is "ridiculous". Was there any need to ridicule the accent? Could you not have simply stated that you found it difficult? As someone with a strong Glasgow accent and who has travelled extensively encountering other wonderful variations of English, I have learned that those who listen more intently gain a greater understanding.

To the original poster: It's an old one, but a good one. My personal fav is the banned one about Andy Cameron (deek72, it would be a foreign language to you)

stevieglesga;6350717

So, because It is a regional accent it is "ridiculous". Was there any … So, because It is a regional accent it is "ridiculous". Was there any need to ridicule the accent? Could you not have simply stated that you found it difficult? As someone with a strong Glasgow accent and who has travelled extensively encountering other wonderful variations of English, I have learned that those who listen more intently gain a greater understanding.

Calm down, it was in jest. I happen to be Sheena Eastons biggest fan. :thumbsup:

cannyscot;6350694

Pics or you laughed! :whistling:

I laughed. It was the second time in the last 2 weeks. I'm starting to understand some of the humour on here.

Original Poster

To the original poster: It's an old one, but a good one. My personal fav is the banned one about Andy Cameron (deek72, it would be a foreign language to you)[/quote]

Couldn't possibly post that here!

In case the wee uneducated **** from the east end heard it. :w00t:

deek72;6350752

Calm down, it was in jest. I happen to be Sheena Eastons biggest fan. … Calm down, it was in jest. I happen to be Sheena Eastons biggest fan. :thumbsup:

I will give you rep for the Sheena Easton quip. :whistling:Her abandonment of her roots is comical, but it is occasionally difficult to appreciate humour on a thread unless there is a hint (subtle or otherwise that that it is a joke). Totally fed up with the xenophobia and arrogance that litter this site at times, so apologies if I have targeted you unfairly.

stevieglesga;6350896

I will give you rep for the Sheena Easton quip. :whistling:Her … I will give you rep for the Sheena Easton quip. :whistling:Her abandonment of her roots is comical, but it is occasionally difficult to appreciate humour on a thread unless there is a hint (subtle or otherwise that that it is a joke). Totally fed up with the xenophobia and arrogance that litter this site at times, so apologies if I have targeted you unfairly.

Hey, no problem. I made the exact same point about text hiding humour only today in relation to someones comment about crime being for blacks (it's gone now). :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions