Groups

I am not happy with my iPod!

Conneced it, copied some songs across it, i disconnect it, look on it, and there is no music files, no vidoes etc!I then check the memory and its been taken up by 88.2gb of 'other'
    Ive tried updating the software( which successfully updated) and ive tried resetting it, but to no avail!
    It's not detecting any files on tansee iPod transferer, however if I look on the hidden files, theyre still all there!
    Anybody else had this happen to their iPod classic?
    Cheers
    Jack

15 Comments

your red nose is well out of fashion

Use iTunes to perform a system wipe on it. I can't remember the option tho, sorry!

Plug your ipod in , go to Version, click Restore.......other wise you can sell us your broken ipod for a tenner...

Doesn't sound like you used iTunes to put your music on???

Sounds like you drag and dropped them hence the 'Other' portion i.e the disk mode side of the HDD is filling up.

Celticsun;5634579

Doesn't sound like you used iTunes to put your music on???Sounds like you … Doesn't sound like you used iTunes to put your music on???Sounds like you drag and dropped them hence the 'Other' portion i.e the disk mode side of the HDD is filling up.

+1

That's the first thing I thought it sounded like.

I think you have to set your ipod in itunes to be used like a hard drive (can't remember the setting right now, will look later) then you can browse what's on there with windows explorer, find the files you copied over and delete them. You will still need to use itunes to transfer stuff onto your ipod though.

Don't really understand why people have problems with itunes, maybe it's the settings I have, but it works just like windows explorer for me, I open it, and drag the music or videos I want over and it copies them to my ipod.

try to open the ipod file in "My computer". and see if all the "other" stuff is in there

need to use itunes,whatever you used has put it into disc mode

Try using 'Sharepod'.

So much easier than 'ITunes'.

[url]www.getsharepod.com[/url]

Original Poster

Nope guys, I was using iTunes

[COLOR="Red"]You shouldn't have bought an iPod.

HTH.[/COLOR]

spikeyjacko;5637980

Nope guys, I was using iTunes

You transferred the songs by dragging them from your itunes playlists or libraries to your ipod docked icon on the left hand menu bar in itunes??

Try a full restore, and try syncing your library to your ipod automatically, this will establish if your iPod is stuffed or if its user/software error

I have never seen an ipod have music transferred to the actual Disk Section through iTunes.

The JFK;5638001

[COLOR="Red"]You shouldn't have bought an iPod.HTH.[/COLOR]

Yeah nice one... very insightful :roll:

Original Poster

Celticsun;5638324

You transferred the songs by dragging them from your itunes playlists or … You transferred the songs by dragging them from your itunes playlists or libraries to your ipod docked icon on the left hand menu bar in itunes??Try a full restore, and try syncing your library to your ipod automatically, this will establish if your iPod is stuffed or if its user/software errorI have never seen an ipod have music transferred to the actual Disk Section through iTunes.Yeah nice one... very insightful :roll:

I just add stuff to my iTunes library, and then drag it across from the recently added playlist.
    What I meant about the disk mode bit , was that everything was still actually on the iPod (e.g. the hidden files bit) but then i plugged it in again today, and it deleted everything :x Lost some music that I got off friends :oops: But tried syncing my music off my computer again( after a restore), it failed halfway through, said something about an error, and then when I looked on my iPod it had all turned to 'other' again
    I'm syncing again but not keeping my hopes up to be honest :x

spikeyjacko;5639498

I just add stuff to my iTunes library, and then drag it across from the … I just add stuff to my iTunes library, and then drag it across from the recently added playlist.What I meant about the disk mode bit , was that everything was still actually on the iPod (e.g. the hidden files bit) but then i plugged it in again today, and it deleted everything :x Lost some music that I got off friends :oops: But tried syncing my music off my computer again( after a restore), it failed halfway through, said something about an error, and then when I looked on my iPod it had all turned to 'other' again :(I'm syncing again but not keeping my hopes up to be honest :x

What model is it? There was an issue with some of the 160GB versions where you could only put about 40GBs of music on and it would then throw a fit.

How old is it? Can you take it back to where you bought it from??

Original Poster

Celticsun;5643458

What model is it? There was an issue with some of the 160GB versions … What model is it? There was an issue with some of the 160GB versions where you could only put about 40GBs of music on and it would then throw a fit.How old is it? Can you take it back to where you bought it from??

Its a 120gb classic, and its from John Lewis online, was a replacemnent of my old 80gb one which died :oops:

spikeyjacko;5644902

Its a 120gb classic, and its from John Lewis online, was a replacemnent … Its a 120gb classic, and its from John Lewis online, was a replacemnent of my old 80gb one which died :oops:

Restore it and take it back, not worth wasting the time on it. If john lewis won't honour it and they should they are generally pretty good. Contact apple direct they should sort it especially if you have only had it within 12 months
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …152367
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213641
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1743
      4. Your dream gaming set up?1121

See more discussions