I am one of the unlucky people with details lost from the cd"s that went missing !!!!

Found 29th Nov 2007
my family has just been sent an apology letter from the goverment because we are one of the unlucky ones that has had their details lost from the 2 cd"s that went missing !!!! trust me, hope nothing dodgy happens through this cant believe all those personnel details about me and my family are in limbo somewhere !!! just thinging the shredder i have was a bit of a waste of money !!!!;-)

1. Misc
  2. CD
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. CD
28 Comments

yep, just you (and 26 million other people!)

Banned

Foxy102

yep, just you (and 26 million other people!)

Oh no!! i thought i was special:-(

This could become a long thread.

nah we had a letter too at the begining of the week. I thought I'd frame it cos the idea of HM Revinue and customs apologising makes me laugh :lol:

just think how much this has cost in postage alone....all down to us taxpayers - ya gotta love the UK!

got one too

I wonder if it'd work saying "You lost our details, so to pay for that you must exempt us all from having to pay VAT etc. on imports over £18"?

I'm guessing the answer's no though :whistling:

Mine must have got lost in the post.:-D :-D

My mum got one to

Banned

taking notes of everyone on benefits so he can egg their houses

I jest, child benefit helped my Mum buy booze and fags at the lowest point in her life for herself of course.

So if the discs are never found, and any of those 26Million people have their identity stolen.....

Do the Government cover all the damages?....Since they have essentially admitted liability.

Just gets me a-wondering.

Banned

My missus just got the letter also. I'd imagine there will be just a few letters being sent out at the tax payers expense!!!!!!!!!!

Cheap_n_Nicety

Mine must have got lost in the post.:-D :-D

Funny that, I though the same :giggle:

With two kids, you'd think I have better (worse) odds, but it seems I've escaped it.

Mine was lost too. I read somewhere (a politician i think ....about someone stating to us about us purchasing some identity insurance (only cost around £7.00 per month) to safeguard ourselves. Its a joke:x

The sentence "your and your child's details...." excellent English from the Goverment there.

Banned

marshallka

Mine was lost too. I read somewhere (a politician i think ....about … Mine was lost too. I read somewhere (a politician i think ....about someone stating to us about us purchasing some identity insurance (only cost around £7.00 per month) to safeguard ourselves. Its a joke:x

Presumably they will be footing the bill for that? (Not to mention for all the hassle when it actually happens!)

And these people tell us our electronic details are safe with them for ID cards! I wouldnt trust them one little bit.

I wonder how much this entire fiasco has cost, including the printing, postage, time etc, etc, to send out 24 million apology letters. Hmmmm save the tree!

yep me too - all passwords have been changed - now i cant remember p/w and keep getting locked out of my accounts

Sloth/Mod

I think this has been blown out of all proportion. It should never have happened but their are plenty of places that sell your sensitive info to the highest bidder without you knowing.............until you start receiving never ending sales/mortgage calls from India that is. :-D

Banned

Syzable

I think this has been blown out of all proportion. It should never have … I think this has been blown out of all proportion. It should never have happened but their are plenty of places that sell your sensitive info to the highest bidder without you knowing.............until you start receiving never ending sales/mortgage calls from India that is. :-D

Or Empire Stores insurance companies!!!!:giggle:

Alfonse

Maybe they should've used one of … Maybe they should've used one of these.....http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/99f1/

Unfortunately they don't ship outside the US or Canada. :giggle:

me and my sister got the letter!

Banned

Alfonse

Maybe they should've used one of … Maybe they should've used one of these.....http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/99f1/

Nice idea but completely useless if knowing the government you stick the password on the back :whistling:

I got a brown envelope with HMRC stamped on the back and didn't dare open it for two days!! What a relief it was to see it was just an apology from them

i have not recived a letter yet , but i will as everyone who recives chb will get one i work in the building where it happend ( nothing to do with me though ) i just hope it all gets sorted out :santa:

We got our letter.

Everyone who gets child benefit should have got the letter, like said the postage alone would have cost thousands, but there you go the government are great at spending tax payers money.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition53489
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions