Groups

I am trying to fix a Xbox260 Elite for a friend that is RROD.

The XBOX360 has a busted warranty sticker.

I have tried tightening the heatsink down, tried new paste. Tried the xclamp kit. Works for a while and then goes again.
    Even tried letting it burn for a while,

Any other ideas?

7 Comments

xbox260? whats that?

What's the secondary error code? I'm assuming you got this before doing any of the above?

Dont be so picky

Banned

grex9101;3410533

xbox260? whats that?

An Xbox260 is like an Xbox360, but has three flashing red lights :-D lol

Sorry couldn't resist it

yes headmaster

Admin

Do not try to sell anything in misc forum, OP if you wish to purchase anything from one of our members then please have your thread moved to FS (You'll need to use the report button)

With regards to the warranty sticker issue, that's something I need to chat about with the team before giving an opinion

Slightly off topic - but relevant to OP as he is doing this for afriend.

beware if you call Microsoft and the unit is registered under s different name they will change details and then tell you your warranty is void!

This applies to the extended warranty too as they state the warranty is only for the original buyer.. so get your friend to call them and use his details.

Theyll try anything to wriggle out of their faulty products service!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24104
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4211876
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764653
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions