Groups

I am useless at Excel, PLEASE can someone do me a quick graph?

I have some very simple information that I want to put in a line graph but it just ain't working right for me

I would appreciate it SOOOO much if someone could knock it up quickly for me - I know it must be quick if you know what you are doing LOL!

15 Comments

Are you talking about one that you can print off before adding the info?

Original Poster

This is my data:
    pH Units of enzyme activity
    0 0
    4.5 3.1
    5.5 9.6
    6.5 14.5
    7.5 10.1

I need the pH on the x/horizontal axis and the reaction on the y/vertical axis and I want it titled 'The affect of pH levels on the rate of enzyme reaction'

Thank yous x

Highlight the information you want to be put into a graph and click the Graph symbol

Original Poster

pH ----------Units of enzyme activity
    0 ------------------0
    4.5 ---------------3.1
    5.5 ---------------9.6
    6.5 ---------------14.5
    7.5 ----------------10.1

Original Poster

burstlikeabubble

Highlight the information you want to be put into a graph and click the … Highlight the information you want to be put into a graph and click the Graph symbol

I keep doing that but i keep getting 2 lines instead and it won't start from the 0-point (BTW Parappa the rapper rule :))

are you using excel 2003 0r 2007 ?

if 2007,
    go to insert
    select line tab
    2D graph
    when the graph appears,
    use the select data to choose what information goes on what axis

hth

if 2003, right click on the graph and change chart options as required

I see what you mean it plots 2 lines instead of the 1 that you need. Hmm...

I can get it to work if you use an XY scatter graph and then click on the graphic icon which has the dots joined.

Original Poster

babimama09

if 2007, go to insertselect line tab2D graphwhen the graph appears, use … if 2007, go to insertselect line tab2D graphwhen the graph appears, use the select data to choose what information goes on what axishth

I keep doing that but each time I choose one, it plots for just one lot of info

Original Poster

burstlikeabubble

I see what you mean it plots 2 lines instead of the 1 that you need. … I see what you mean it plots 2 lines instead of the 1 that you need. Hmm...

I know, I feel really silly because I am usually okay with computers but have wasted so much time on this

Mrs.Z

I keep doing that but each time I choose one, it plots for just one lot … I keep doing that but each time I choose one, it plots for just one lot of info

in select data tab,
    remove series 1 and rename series 2 by selecting the named cell and for series values enter your pH values
    For horizontal axis, select your enzyme activity data

You should now end up with one line and both axis correctly done

Original Poster

babimama09

in select data tab,remove series 1 and rename series 2 by selecting the … in select data tab,remove series 1 and rename series 2 by selecting the named cell and for series values enter your pH valuesFor horizontal axis, select your enzyme activity dataYou should now end up with one line and both axis correctly done

Thanks, I have been trying that since you replied and still no joy

I can email you the spreadsheet as mentioned in the PM if you like.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s44
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      3. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      4. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22

See more discussions