Groups
    EXPIRED

I am/was a labour supporter but

I agree with stopping this health tourism and that people should be checked to see if they can get treatment here.

Emergency situations yeah fine but people coming here to 'visit' when the actual intention is free treatment on the NHS.... No. No. No.

80 Comments

Totally agree with you.

and your beef is?

An interesting 180 degree spin, health tourism is multi-directional in EU , and beyond moneywise.co.uk/ins…ent
    And EXCLUSIVE 200,000 desperate Britons go ABROAD for medical care as NHS waiting lists spiral
    express.co.uk/new…ent

If a UK National was to find themself in an emergency situation, would they receive free treatment?

Original Poster

splender

An interesting 180 degree spin, health tourism is multi-directional in EU … An interesting 180 degree spin, health tourism is multi-directional in EU , and beyond http://www.moneywise.co.uk/insurance/health-insurance/should-you-travel-abroad-medical-treatment.And EXCLUSIVE 200,000 desperate Britons go ABROAD for medical care as NHS waiting lists spiralhttp://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/570305/Britons-NHS-waiting-lists-medical-treatment

Is that free or paid? I know people go to Europe for various treatments but as far as I'm aware, they pay for it.

Original Poster

Python

If a UK National was to find themself in an emergency situation, would … If a UK National was to find themself in an emergency situation, would they receive free treatment?

Who is talking about emergency treatment. Obviously emergency treatment should be free. When people come here to use the world class NHS not as a emergency but pre planned.

Original Poster

sowotsdis

and your beef is?

People not resident here, not paid taxes, coming to the UK purely to use the NHS service.

Python

If a UK National was to find themself in an emergency situation, would … If a UK National was to find themself in an emergency situation, would they receive free treatment?

Only if they have an EHICs card and only in Europe.

Original Poster

I think showing your passport/or some ID to show one is a legal resident of the country is a must. For non emergencies.

Python

Some info here
    gocompare.com/pre…ad/

EN1GMA

I think showing your passport/or some ID to show one is a legal resident … I think showing your passport/or some ID to show one is a legal resident of the country is a must. For non emergencies.

If someone had been living here for say four years and was from Poland what ID would show that they are a legal resident?

It is a problem that has been around for many years but No political party is prepared to stop/prevent this ongoing abuse of our NHS by those not entitled.
    Successive governments say that they are unable to recover treatment costs from treatment of a person who is not entitled to FREE treatment on NHS.
    The answer is easy, if not entitled to free treatment from the NHS ensure that they pay before they are treated the same as all U.K. citizens have (or produce insurance) to in most countries in the world.

I came on here for a hot deal and stumped across this stupid conversation you people got nothing better to do

nkr

I came on here for a hot deal and stumped across this stupid conversation … I came on here for a hot deal and stumped across this stupid conversation you people got nothing better to do

Is it a bad thing to love & care for your countries future.

landros1

Is it a bad thing to love & care for your countries future.

hotukdeals.com/vis…nhs

Read it & weep.

EN1GMA

Is that free or paid? I know people go to Europe for various treatments … Is that free or paid? I know people go to Europe for various treatments but as far as I'm aware, they pay for it.

Different countries have different rules, gocompare.com/pre…ad/ , for example, the bottom line, as per your post, it is not a Labour or Tory thing as this situation of "health" tourism is even older than when we joined the EU, long before 1973, and both main parties did as much as reasonably practical. Yes, we should make tourist pay , it is not a labour , Tory thing as , today, the Tory could effect a law to change the status quo. Tory could bring in law theorectically that payment happens for all overseas nationals prior to treatment.There is already NHS surcharge for those staying more than six months (EU) and international visa, some, pay an immigration health surcharge. At my local surgery, they already had asked production of passport as long ago as 20 years ago, if not EU or UK passport, then patient got charged immediately by credit card.

nkr

I came on here for a hot deal and stumped across this stupid conversation … I came on here for a hot deal and stumped across this stupid conversation you people got nothing better to do

(_;)

EN1GMA

Who is talking about emergency treatment. Obviously emergency treatment … Who is talking about emergency treatment. Obviously emergency treatment should be free. When people come here to use the world class NHS not as a emergency but pre planned.

​The original poster mentioned emergency treatment in the original post.

EN1GMA

I think showing your passport/or some ID to show one is a legal resident … I think showing your passport/or some ID to show one is a legal resident of the country is a must. For non emergencies.

And emergencies.Is a painful tooth ache when arriving in the U.K. an emergency.
    It would possibly cost me £200+ if I needed major dental treatment and I have paid into the system for 55 years.
    The above is only one example of the abuse.
    All that is needed is a cheap air ticket if you are inside the EU.

nkr

This is the 'Misc' section (it's short for miscellaneous) - you want the 'Deals' section of HUKD.

If you scroll to the top of the page and look along the green bar you should see 'DEALS' in white writing - just click on the word 'DEALS' and it will take you automatically to the 'DEALS' section.

Hope this helps.

nkr

Welcome to Hot UK Rant about Politics.

*and Religion.

Oh god, we mustn't forget the religion.
    Edited by: "MSK." 12th Oct 2016

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

*and Religion.Oh god, we mustn't forget the religion.

Nevaaaaaaaaaa!

nkr

The deals section is separate.

Perhaps you could ask an adult or your care giver to help you navigate the site to ensure you are looking at and posting on the correct section.

This is misc, and the topics discussed consist of a mixture of various things that are not usually connected with each other.

Mark2111

The deals section is separate.Perhaps you could ask an adult or your care … The deals section is separate.Perhaps you could ask an adult or your care giver to help you navigate the site to ensure you are looking at and posting on the correct section.This is misc, and the topics discussed consist of a mixture of various things that are not usually connected with each other.

or even get the adult/carer to read the Help page and explain everything

What have the Romans done for us?

splender

Different countries have different rules, … Different countries have different rules, http://www.gocompare.com/press-office/2016/sick-brits-abroad/ , for example, the bottom line, as per your post, it is not a Labour or Tory thing as this situation of "health" tourism is even older than when we joined the EU, long before 1973, and both main parties did as much as reasonably practical. Yes, we should make tourist pay , it is not a labour , Tory thing as , today, the Tory could effect a law to change the status quo. Tory could bring in law theorectically that payment happens for all overseas nationals prior to treatment.There is already NHS surcharge for those staying more than six months (EU) and international visa, some, pay an immigration health surcharge. At my local surgery, they already had asked production of passport as long ago as 20 years ago, if not EU or UK passport, then patient got charged immediately by credit card.

"At my local surgery, they already had asked production of passport as long ago as 20 years ago, if not EU or UK passport, then patient got charged immediately by credit card"

That's BS people from outside the UK have to register to be seen by a GP and they don't charge.

moneysavingkitten

Or the cats.

Free nhs for everyone world wide, treatment is a right not a privilege

EN1GMA

A passport costs about £100 these days thus a lot of people dont have one, including me

Error440

Free nhs for everyone world wide, treatment is a right not a privilege

Funded by whom? Or do you expect nurses, doctors, medical equipment and medicine to just fall out of the sky?

Why should people who go to work in the UK have to pay for someone who does not contribute to our system who pops over here for medical treatment?

When I go abroad I pay for medical insurance.

moneysavingkitten

Don't worry, Jesus will solve all your problems! :P

Error440

A passport costs about £100 these days thus a lot of people dont have … A passport costs about £100 these days thus a lot of people dont have one, including me

£72.50. Surely you have some form of ID.

Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

£72.50. Surely you have some form of ID.

There's a price to pay living your life under the radar.

Banned

On the price of passports and off subject.

A kids passport cost the same as an adult one and is valid for 5 years instead of 10. I can't think of too many items where kids (or more specifically their parents) have to pay more.

As a labour supporter you have bigger issues than the NHS to worry about.

Original Poster

On principle, how can people agree with health tourists sponging of the NHS.

I do not care what happens in other countries. If UK people go there, up to them.

Fred Smith

Or the cats.

Or PlayStation VR. Keep up Fred.

hass123

Don't worry, Jesus will solve all your problems! :P

I dunno, isn't he celibate?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17406142

See more discussions