Groups

I appear to be growing a new tooth under my gum is this normal?

Its at the very back of my mouth, first time I noticed it after eating some toast felt this weird feeling at back of mouth felt a bit of tooth growing out of my gum, just a tiny bit.

I only wish it grew where I had a tooth removed 2 years ago as that would be perfect!

9 Comments

growing a new tooth under my gum is this normal?

Where else do they grow?? :silly/confused smiley:

Yes, perfectly normal!

wisdom tooth?

well i've seen tooth and teeth can grow other places lol

fridgehead

well i've seen tooth and teeth can grow other places lol

Me too: imdb.com/tit…22/

Wisdom tooth I'm guessing.

Banned

asayer

wisdom tooth?

>>> giggling smilie here >>>>>>

Perfectly normal. As a late teenager I only had 30 adult teeth but 20 years later a burried tooth decided to "errupt". It took about 3 months to fully appear & was totally painless.

I've since had the entire jaw x-rayed and there is a second burried tooth on the opposite side making the correct total of 32 adult teeth. Now I know where it is I can feel the top of the tooth with a finger as a lump on the inside of the gum.

Fortunately there were enough gaps between the teeth that it was able to push the adjacent teeth sideways to make space. If your jaw is already crowded it might be better to have a tooth removed. If you are worried about cost (this is hotUKdeals after all) some NHS hospitals can remove teeth free of charge. ask your dentist for a referral.

Banned

No its not normal. A&E ASAP for you original poster.

Banned

is this a windup?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO78
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
      4. PlayStation Hacked Again?44

See more discussions