I bit I couldn't hold out any longer....

Posted 18th Sep
I've pre-ordered modern warfare, I've always waited until playing the beta but this year I've just gone and preordered. please tell me what I've done wrong ......
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
Cool
You haven't done anything wrong I'm itching too but scared of microtransactions so just waiting for reviews etc
I got a few cod games I bought didn't even play lol last ones I played properly was infinite warfare mw2 story and black ops Nike town
The_Fiend18/09/2019 21:26

You haven't done anything wrong I'm itching too but scared of …You haven't done anything wrong I'm itching too but scared of microtransactions so just waiting for reviews etc

I'm so glad in not alone it just looks like it used to be no hop skip and a jumpacrossamap it looks nice I've got beta ready for TMR so can try it at least.
Leonjj18/09/2019 21:34

I'm so glad in not alone it just looks like it used to be no hop skip and …I'm so glad in not alone it just looks like it used to be no hop skip and a jumpacrossamap it looks nice I've got beta ready for TMR so can try it at least.

Damn bro mind sharing me a beta code off work would love to play some cod
The_Fiend18/09/2019 21:27

I got a few cod games I bought didn't even play lol last ones I played …I got a few cod games I bought didn't even play lol last ones I played properly was infinite warfare mw2 story and black ops Nike town

Adidas city was better; not as good as Under Armour village though.

PS. Too soon?

miikeyblue18/09/2019 21:25

Cool

At last; a "Call of Duty <insert year here>" thread.
Edited by: "fanpages" 18th Sep
fanpages18/09/2019 21:50

Adidas city was better; not as good as Under Armor village though.

Under armor was in the city of nike Town
The_Fiend18/09/2019 21:37

Why don't you pre-order, wait for the Beta code to be sent to you, then cancel your order (like many other people seem to claim they do)?
Free PS4 access was available here... dunno if it still is... was no need to preorder.
There was a thread just the other day where you could get a free Beta code in seconds from the COD website, no need to pre-order to get one right now.
The_Fiend18/09/2019 21:26

You haven't done anything wrong I'm itching too but scared of …You haven't done anything wrong I'm itching too but scared of microtransactions so just waiting for reviews etc

Lootboxes were leaked in the beta, exposed once you reached level 6.
Why bother preordering?

I don't get it, deals could be had closer to time, or news might come out its do do
Gumbon18/09/2019 23:03

Why bother preordering?I don't get it, deals could be had closer to time, …Why bother preordering?I don't get it, deals could be had closer to time, or news might come out its do do

These days most games even the big AAA games have sales 2 or so weeks into release bringing down the price to preorder deal levels, by which time you can gauge from reliable reviewers and word-of-mouth whether the game is worth the money or not.

For me though, the fact that Infinity Ward caved to the vocal minority and brought back the minimap within 2 days of the beta speaks volumes of their mindset considering their promises of the game being along the lines of a 'new unique experience', and the despicable fanbase wanting the same old lethargic pew pew red dot chasing unoriginal no-skill trash cash-grab Activision have pumped out for a decade. Lootboxes were exposed in the beta, seeing that something is in place ready to be unleashed a month after the high rated reviews and word-of-mouth comes in. I'm not preordering this game no matter how good the campaign is, not even going to touch this 'game' with a bargepole.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 18th Sep
Huh? Modern Warfare is about 10 years old! Could probably be had for pence.
Not played a cod game for ages but I’m tempted to give this new one a go!
Abandoned cod games ages ago, can’t see I’ve missed anything other than paying a lot of money for games only to be disappointed.
The_Fiend18/09/2019 21:37

Ordered digital mate no beta code just straight download.
MrMaccieKFC18/09/2019 23:07

These days most games even the big AAA games have sales 2 or so weeks into …These days most games even the big AAA games have sales 2 or so weeks into release bringing down the price to preorder deal levels, by which time you can gauge from reliable reviewers and word-of-mouth whether the game is worth the money or not.For me though, the fact that Infinity Ward caved to the vocal minority and brought back the minimap within 2 days of the beta speaks volumes of their mindset considering their promises of the game being along the lines of a 'new unique experience', and the despicable fanbase wanting the same old lethargic pew pew red dot chasing unoriginal no-skill trash cash-grab Activision have pumped out for a decade. Lootboxes were exposed in the beta, seeing that something is in place ready to be unleashed a month after the high rated reviews and word-of-mouth comes in. I'm not preordering this game no matter how good the campaign is, not even going to touch this 'game' with a bargepole.

I should be able to give you an honest review by Saturday after spending a few hours on tonight and TMR.
I'm gonna start begging for a beta code now
MrMaccieKFC18/09/2019 23:07

These days most games even the big AAA games have sales 2 or so weeks into …These days most games even the big AAA games have sales 2 or so weeks into release bringing down the price to preorder deal levels, by which time you can gauge from reliable reviewers and word-of-mouth whether the game is worth the money or not.For me though, the fact that Infinity Ward caved to the vocal minority and brought back the minimap within 2 days of the beta speaks volumes of their mindset considering their promises of the game being along the lines of a 'new unique experience', and the despicable fanbase wanting the same old lethargic pew pew red dot chasing unoriginal no-skill trash cash-grab Activision have pumped out for a decade. Lootboxes were exposed in the beta, seeing that something is in place ready to be unleashed a month after the high rated reviews and word-of-mouth comes in. I'm not preordering this game no matter how good the campaign is, not even going to touch this 'game' with a bargepole.

Got to say dude, its been one evening .... Domination, tdm and the 2v2, the movement, the way it plays and even the maps feel good, if they can improve on this then I am happy I preordered. It feels like condmw, codmw2, codmw3 before all the quick movement came in. I must admit tho due to playing blops 4 the pace of the game seems slower to start but once you have played a couple of matches it feels the norm, reaching level 4 to create a class the gunsmith option is nice and feels as it should seems like plenty of options, Overall I'm happy, i'm an older cod fan, mw, waw, mw2 mw3 maybe blops 1+2 so I appreciate tight corners but also lines of sight on maps and this has each type. If you WERE any type of cod fan (the previous cods) then I'd throw that bargepole (who's got a bargepole) and get stuck in. That's my two cents.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants