Expired

I bit my tongue

Found 11th Apr
It hurts but not bleeding I bit it accendently while chewing quite hard rough idea how long it will take to heal?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
28 Comments
Very quickly it'll heal, meanwhile put mouth gel on it should help.
if you get something called bonjela - it speeds up the healing process.
Before trying any of the both try the following.

Place something cold, such as ice wrapped in a clean cloth, to the wound site. Or just an ice cube on its own will do. Hold it in place for a approximately one minute until numbness begins to set in, or until you can tolerate it, then remove it. Repeat. You may want to do this several times over the next few days.

Ouch!! I feel for you!
Edited by: "LemonHead" 11th Apr
r2mahara18 m ago

It doesn't speed up anything. It's just a bland anesthetic. It will help with numbing the pain if it's that bad. I bit my tongue various times and the pain goes away quickly on its own.
Original Poster
catsan34 m ago

Very quickly it'll heal, meanwhile put mouth gel on it should help.

Thankyou I will have to get some
Original Poster
r2mahara25 m ago

Thanks I will try get some
Original Poster
LemonHead17 m ago

Before trying any of the both try the following.Place something cold, such …Before trying any of the both try the following.Place something cold, such as ice wrapped in a clean cloth, to the wound site. Or just an ice cube on its own will do. Hold it in place for a approximately one minute until numbness begins to set in, or until you can tolerate it, then remove it. Repeat. You may want to do this several times over the next few days.Maybe take some anti-inflammatory medication that you tolerate well, such as ibuprofen (supermarkets own is about 35p) and take the recommended dosage as soon as you can. This will help to reduce any swelling that might occur. It will also counter the onset of pain.Ouch!! I feel for you!

Thanks for advice yeah was painful I wish I had ice on me at the time
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 11th Apr
Splice6 m ago

Thanks for advice yeah was painful I wish I had ice on me at the time

Maybe take some anti-inflammatory medication that you tolerate well, such as ibuprofen (supermarkets own is about 35p) and take the recommended dosage as soon as you can. This will help to reduce any swelling that might occur. It will also counter the onset of pain.

Ibuprofen is also best taken with food. This will help to protect your stomach from side-effects such as indigestion.

Make sure to read the label before taking it as well as for some ibuprofen isn't suitable for people with certain conditions.

patient.info/med…fen
Tongue.
AW00796 m ago

Tongue.

Typo or dyslexia maybe?? It appears I may have aphasia as I didn't even notice it was spelt wrong. I don't by the way.
hearts2228 m ago

It doesn't speed up anything. It's just a bland anesthetic. It will help …It doesn't speed up anything. It's just a bland anesthetic. It will help with numbing the pain if it's that bad. I bit my tongue various times and the pain goes away quickly on its own.

Incorrect - it has an antiseptic ingredient which helps to fight infection and speed the healing process.

Source: bonjela.co.uk/pro…lt/
r2mahara13 m ago

Incorrect - it has an antiseptic ingredient which helps to fight infection …Incorrect - it has an antiseptic ingredient which helps to fight infection and speed the healing process. Source: http://www.bonjela.co.uk/product-range/mouth-ulcers/bonjela-adult/

My bad. I thought of Bonjela as the typical teething gel which normally just has lidocaine in it.
Will be better before you have been down to buy the tunnels and ibuprofen. Have you never done it before?
Original Poster
LemonHead47 m ago

Typo or dyslexia maybe?? It appears I may have aphasia as I didn't even …Typo or dyslexia maybe?? It appears I may have aphasia as I didn't even notice it was spelt wrong. I don't by the way.

Spelling typo I did just bite my tongue humans make mistakes ya know
No need to do anything but give it a couple of days, your own saliva will sort it.
Splice8 m ago

Spelling typo I did just bite my tongue humans make mistakes ya know …Spelling typo I did just bite my tongue humans make mistakes ya know

I've bitten my tongue so many times in the past, and the inside of my cheek when chewing which can be very annoying.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 11th Apr
Original Poster
LemonHead14 m ago

I've bitten my tongue so many times in the past, and the inside of my …I've bitten my tongue so many times in the past, and the inside of my cheek when chewing which can be very annoying.

I have before too but I really bit hard this time
On average it is about 6 years
Splice1 h, 0 m ago

Spelling typo I did just bite my tongue humans make mistakes ya know …Spelling typo I did just bite my tongue humans make mistakes ya know

And looked what happened to bonjela when I typed it!
Original Poster
tregs45 m ago

On average it is about 6 years

Don't worry it will fully recover after a few years
It takes awhile for your taste buds to come back
Edited by: "Norseg" 12th Apr
cant believe this is a real topic
mattsk7 m ago

cant believe this is a real topic

I thought exactly the same...
RossD891 h, 8 m ago

I thought exactly the same...

Why not though? Though normally I would ask Google for this sort of thing, avoiding dodgy websites that confirm our assumptions of course.
LemonHead15 m ago

Why not though? Though normally I would ask Google for this sort of thing, …Why not though? Though normally I would ask Google for this sort of thing, avoiding dodgy websites that confirm our assumptions of course.

Come on... OP bit his/her tongue, not step on a landmine. It (the former) happens to everybody. It's akin to asking how long a papercut will take to heal. Surely all that is needed is to consult past experience.
Original Poster
RossD8945 m ago

Come on... OP bit his/her tongue, not step on a landmine. It (the former) …Come on... OP bit his/her tongue, not step on a landmine. It (the former) happens to everybody. It's akin to asking how long a papercut will take to heal. Surely all that is needed is to consult past experience.

I never bit my tongue before so I don't have past experiences and I'm a young person is that a crime?
Splice4 m ago

I never bit my tongue before so I don't have past experiences and I'm a …I never bit my tongue before so I don't have past experiences and I'm a young person is that a crime?

Yes, it is!

Only joking

I find that hard to believe.

But perhaps that speaks more of how I eat than anything else, having only gnashed in to my lip 2 days ago and routinely biting my tongue
Original Poster
LemonHead1 h, 7 m ago

Why not though? Though normally I would ask Google for this sort of thing, …Why not though? Though normally I would ask Google for this sort of thing, avoiding dodgy websites that confirm our assumptions of course.

People ask stuff on this website that is why there is a ask section lol if everyone googled then there would be no ask section
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants