Groups

I bought..

a powerbook g4 from a car boot sale a while ago.. The fella was unsure if it was working or not as there was no charger supplied and had been laying in his loft for a while..

So ive now bought a charger and it works fine!!.. but i wanna delete all the stuff thats on it and start afresh ie reinstall the OS. but how do i know what OS it is and where do i get it from? I didnt get any cd's with it.

11 Comments

go to control pannel. 'system' if in windows it will tell you home or pro, then you need to find out the product key

click apple icon on top left and choose "about this mac.." it'll tell you os version there.

Original Poster

I paid £65 for it. the casing is pretty scratched tho. Thought it was worth the risk..

Thanks Cristoff, Ill check that just now

dougle34

go to control pannel. 'system' if in windows it will tell you home or … go to control pannel. 'system' if in windows it will tell you home or pro, then you need to find out the product key

lol what are you talking about?

Hmm its probably on tiger os?

Original Poster

It says Mac OS X Version 10.4.11

Yeah thats OSX TIGER.

Original Poster

ooh..

What does that mean then.. Sorry im a bit clueless

Its like windows 2000,xp, vista , seven etc but mac have panther, tiger, leopard, snow leopard

Item number: 170620319763

those are the discs double check by asking him to see if theyre correct.

or try in the for sale forum

Original Poster

Thanks dude, ill check it out
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      2. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118

See more discussions