Groups
    EXPIRED

I bought a 50" PANASONIC HDTV from comet in 2011 with 5 year extra warranty but now the tv has lines appearing on the screen.Who should I contact?

I brought a tv from comet 2011 worth £800 with 5 years additional warranty but now there are lines appearing on the screen.Who should I contact as comet has closed down.

15 Comments

Panasonic.

Banned

Don't tell me it was the 3D one!!
    Same happen to me last August and I had to claim the warranty company cos obviously insurance is with them .
    I payed £699 plus £200 insurance warranty with comet.

A line appeared on screen but it costed more for the part so they offered me like for like price which was £589.
    Pants really cos I paid more than that.
    I sold the glasses on ebay so don't hand them in!!!!!!!!!!

The same Panasonic was in John lewis with free 5 year warranty.

Anyway now I didn't make a mistake going to John Lewis to buy my new one.

Original Poster

sofiasar

Don't tell me it was the 3D one!!Same happen to me last August and I had … Don't tell me it was the 3D one!!Same happen to me last August and I had to claim the warranty company cos obviously insurance is with them .I payed £699 plus £200 insurance warranty with comet. A line appeared on screen but it costed more for the part so they offered me like for like price which was £589. Pants really cos I paid more than that.I sold the glasses on ebay so don't hand them in!!!!!!!!!!The same Panasonic was in John lewis with free 5 year warranty. Anyway now I didn't make a mistake going to John Lewis to buy my new one.

unfortunately it is a 3D tv

Banned

Then it's the same model and same problem as mine had .
    Oh well your lucky you paid that warranty but now you will get a cheque like I said above.
    The part is too expensive so they can't fix it.

Try to keep the remote too and sell it in eBay with the glasses as they are now useless. I sold mine for £34 each and the sold straight away.

Original Poster

sofiasar

Then it's the same model and same problem as mine had . Oh well your … Then it's the same model and same problem as mine had . Oh well your lucky you paid that warranty but now you will get a cheque like I said above. The part is too expensive so they can't fix it. Try to keep the remote too and sell it in eBay with the glasses as they are now useless. I sold mine for £34 each and the sold straight away.

phoned them up today and now my tv is not turning on so they said that they will pay me full money back if they cant fix it.Now theres 2 problems with my tv 1)dont turn on 2)lines on screen and I have pictures as evidence

mahdi9

I brought a tv from comet 2011 worth £800 with 5 years additional … I brought a tv from comet 2011 worth £800 with 5 years additional warranty but now there are lines appearing on the screen.Who should I contact as comet has closed down.

Bought*

Visual FX service centre limited.
    Email L.alphonse@visualfxsc.com He is Service Manager.
    Direct line 01708 395045
    This is London based.
    Thay fixed are 3d twice with a new screen.
    Bloke fix it in 15 mins.
    Also brought from comet same week it shut down.
    Lucky we had the 5year warranty.

seanj007

Visual FX service centre limited.Email [email protected] He is … Visual FX service centre limited.Email [email protected] He is Service Manager.Direct line 01708 395045This is London based.Thay fixed are 3d twice with a new screen.Bloke fix it in 15 mins.Also brought from comet same week it shut down.Lucky we had the 5year warranty./* */

our, not are

Bought, not brought

Hth

Banned

chocci

our, not areBought, not broughtHth/* */

Ha chocci you need some glasses. You missed out on "they".

What so you mean by Hth?

sofiasar

Ha chocci you need some glasses. You missed out on "they". What so you … Ha chocci you need some glasses. You missed out on "they". What so you mean by Hth?/* */

good spot!

Hope That Helps

Helps what you two.
    All I was doing was trying to help some get there tv fixed.
    And you two comment on my spelling mistakes.
    Get a life and stop giving it.
    And what jars me even more it my iPad that changes what l,m trying.
    Happy f... Christmas.

No it did,nt help.

Transformers

Bought*

Now now, he might have used click and collect, stop trying to correct grammar with spelling mistakes.

seanj007

Helps what you two.All I was doing was trying to help some get there tv … Helps what you two.All I was doing was trying to help some get there tv fixed.And you two comment on my spelling mistakes.Get a life and stop giving it.And what jars me even more it my iPad that changes what l,m trying.Happy f... Christmas.

lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men33
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510
      3. Xbox one region locked codes?22
      4. Phone "Upgrade"36

See more discussions