i canced an order with TESCO DRECT and it came all the same i did not get charged for it, will they ask for it back or charge Me for it ?

10 replies
Found 18th Nov 2016
It's been a week
Has anyone else been in this position

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

This happened to me when I bought/cancelled Black Ops 3 from Tesco Direct nearly a year ago. I spoke to them on their live chat and they just said it was their error and I could keep it

Might want to ask on live chat/email to make sure you wont be charged for it
Edited by: "Biboboy" 18th Nov 2016

Biboboy

This happened to me when I bought/cancelled Black Ops 3 from Tesco Direct … This happened to me when I bought/cancelled Black Ops 3 from Tesco Direct nearly a year ago. I spoke to them on their live chat and they just said it was their error and I could keep it :)Might want to ask on live chat/email to make sure you wont be charged for it

Funny you mention that, ive got a vague recollection of pre ordering 2 x black ops 2 from tesco (pre order) and the same thing happened to me

FYI and please take this in the spirit it is meant, If you don't contact them and keep it knowing that you have not been charged for it it could amount to "theft" if they realise from the bare facts you have given above.

keep it and have it on your conscience for the rest of your life that you never paid for that item

Just phone them. Be unhelpful if they try to get you to return it an they will probably say **ck It. What have you got to lose? You did cancel it after all.

I'd email them and advise them that they sent you some goods but, as you cancelled your order in good faith, the order the goods have been sent unsolicited. As such, tell them that you are under no obligation to return them but that they are welcome to arrange to collect the goods at a convenient time. If they do not wish to do this within 14 days , then you consider the goods to be yours.

as above ask via chat - dont phone - get it in writing.

if they say keep it, keep a record of that.

I'd say nothing, they earn millions. Worst case scenario they get. Touch and say by the way you received it please pay. All this talk of theft is BS (watching the downgrades of my response here) because quite simply you bought it, you cancelled it the contract is done there. If they still deliver it and do not ask for it back the onus is on them and not on you

Keep it, ignore the numpty above about theft you cancelled your order they delivered it so Tesco are at fault.

IF you have proof of cancellation
AND you have proof they acknowledged/accepted the cancellation
AND you are certain you have received a refund
AND you did not sign for delivery knowingly what it was
THEN the ball is in Tesco's court.
There is nothing else that can be reasonably accepted of you. Imagine, if you had gone on holiday for a fortnight or whatever - what could Tesco or anyone else expected you to have done. Sit tight - wait for their next move.
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 19th Nov 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244870
    2. Add one, leave one game54315392
    3. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?22
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322825

See more discussions