Expired

I cancelled my Vivago sale after it had sold, what is next?

Found 2nd Jun
So I listed up some tickets for an upcoming event on Vivago, brought for £69, they sold out and now sell for £140ish, I listed mine up on two websites for the same price (One being Vivago for £135) it sold on the other website first and without me having time to cancel the Vivago listing, it sold on Vivago too, I had obviously had to prevent the Vivago sale however it said I will be charged a cancellation fee, I am not denying that that is the policy as I know full well it is, but my point being I can't really help the fact it sold on the other website first, how does the cancellation fee work, do I pay like a random sum of £20 for example, or do I have to pay for the difference in the next ticket they buy which will be anywhere between £5-20, I know it's a fair bit of money, but I will admit I know that it was in the terms of service, but I just want to clarify that the cancellation fee is no more.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
"I can't really help the fact it sold on the other website first" - but you were responsible for listing on two websites at the same time.

Bottom line is you have messed someone around - you need to pay whatever the T&C's dictate.
Martin_Walsh15 m ago

no one has properly responded to my question

suck it up its your own fault
21 Comments
With viagogo if you message beforehand they charge you, if you just let people turn up and they cant get in, they will message viagogo get there money back and they will just not pay you, they wont charge you, pretty messed up i know, best thing to do is nothing,
people need to stop using viagogo so dont feel bad people wont get in
delusion2 m ago

This is the most selfish advice I've seen on here in forever. If you are …This is the most selfish advice I've seen on here in forever. If you are willing to ruin someone's night you are a twat let's be honest.

Any person using viagogo is going against the tickets t&cs in the first place and is the reason why you can't buy tickets from the official vendor (because people will pay viagogo stupid money) so I have no conccious on ruining there night
"I can't really help the fact it sold on the other website first" - but you were responsible for listing on two websites at the same time.

Bottom line is you have messed someone around - you need to pay whatever the T&C's dictate.
Can't stand sites like Viagogo. They screw the genuine fans and so do most of the sellers!
whelan1891 h, 21 m ago

Any person using viagogo is going against the tickets t&cs in the first …Any person using viagogo is going against the tickets t&cs in the first place and is the reason why you can't buy tickets from the official vendor (because people will pay viagogo stupid money) so I have no conccious on ruining there night

Wow... I'll make sure to direct people to these comments the next time you ask for help on here. Which going by your 600+ discussion threads, probably won't be too long away.
whelan1892nd Jun

Any person using viagogo is going against the tickets t&cs in the first …Any person using viagogo is going against the tickets t&cs in the first place and is the reason why you can't buy tickets from the official vendor (because people will pay viagogo stupid money) so I have no conccious on ruining there night

But Vivago is an official resale partner of the company who I brought tickets off
Martin_Walsh15 m ago

suck it up its your own fault
whelan1892 h, 28 m ago

With viagogo if you message beforehand they charge you, if you just let …With viagogo if you message beforehand they charge you, if you just let people turn up and they cant get in, they will message viagogo get there money back and they will just not pay you, they wont charge you, pretty messed up i know, best thing to do is nothing, people need to stop using viagogo so dont feel bad people wont get in

disgusting
RossD8940 m ago

Wow... I'll make sure to direct people to these comments the next time you …Wow... I'll make sure to direct people to these comments the next time you ask for help on here. Which going by your 600+ discussion threads, probably won't be too long away.

People who buy from viagogo are the reason you are forced to use viagogo, viagogo are just exploiting people's willingness, I say avoid all together if you read trust pilot reviews of viagogo and then go purchase you have no one to blame but yourself
Martin_Walsh32 m ago

But Vivago is an official resale partner of the company who I brought …But Vivago is an official resale partner of the company who I brought tickets off

Official resale partner is a load crap means nothing viagogo will be banned in the UK by end of the year
brilly16 m ago

disgusting

If your going to buy tickets scalper tickets then you have noone to blame but yourself
whelan1899 m ago

People who buy from viagogo are the reason you are forced to use viagogo, …People who buy from viagogo are the reason you are forced to use viagogo, viagogo are just exploiting people's willingness, I say avoid all together if you read trust pilot reviews of viagogo and then go purchase you have no one to blame but yourself

You can try dressing up your selfish attitude all you like, but it's not going to make you look any better.
Just pay the cancellation fee. You already made profits from inflating the price so use that to pay the cancellation fee as it's the right thing to do. Alternatively, why can't you cancel the Vivago ones?
jamie0156 h, 56 m ago

Just pay the cancellation fee. You already made profits from inflating the …Just pay the cancellation fee. You already made profits from inflating the price so use that to pay the cancellation fee as it's the right thing to do. Alternatively, why can't you cancel the Vivago ones?

From what I remember viagogo cancellation fee was quite expensive, get me in cancellation was quite reasonable, they only charged you a % of profit over ticket original price..
whelan18920 m ago

From what I remember viagogo cancellation fee was quite expensive, get me …From what I remember viagogo cancellation fee was quite expensive, get me in cancellation was quite reasonable, they only charged you a % of profit over ticket original price..

Viagogo is a total rip off. But since the OP made the mistake of selling both, they should do the right thing and cancel
jamie0153 h, 0 m ago

Viagogo is a total rip off. But since the OP made the mistake of selling …Viagogo is a total rip off. But since the OP made the mistake of selling both, they should do the right thing and cancel

Get me in system is better, if you sell something you have 24 hours to confirm the sale, this is great for people who list it in 3-4 places to higher chance it sells, however viagogo clearly thinks you should only list it on there website.
The cancellation fee was £20, some responses on this are hilarious, some of you are sad people "Suck it up it's your own fault" although I quite clearly said I will pay a cancellation fee, but I was unsure of how much it was!
Martin_Walsh7 h, 50 m ago

The cancellation fee was £20, some responses on this are hilarious, some …The cancellation fee was £20, some responses on this are hilarious, some of you are sad people "Suck it up it's your own fault" although I quite clearly said I will pay a cancellation fee, but I was unsure of how much it was!

Some might argue that what's sadder is buying tickets purely to exploit genuine fans and make a massive profit based on their misfortune of being unable to buy tickets at the standard price, a misfortune engineered by you and others like you in the first place.

I'm all for turning a profit, but not when it comes to event tickets. Don't want to go to the event? Don't buy the tickets, and leave the event accessible to genuine fans.
miikeyblue1 h, 19 m ago

Some might argue that what's sadder is buying tickets purely to exploit …Some might argue that what's sadder is buying tickets purely to exploit genuine fans and make a massive profit based on their misfortune of being unable to buy tickets at the standard price, a misfortune engineered by you and others like you in the first place.I'm all for turning a profit, but not when it comes to event tickets. Don't want to go to the event? Don't buy the tickets, and leave the event accessible to genuine fans.

I really don't think blaming op for selling one ticket for more then he brought the problem with ticket touts, the issue is that tickets never go on sale in the first place.

It's been proven when tickets go on sale that it's impossible for that many tickets.to sell out as fast as they do (clearly only 10% were on sale)
miikeyblue7 h, 46 m ago

Some might argue that what's sadder is buying tickets purely to exploit …Some might argue that what's sadder is buying tickets purely to exploit genuine fans and make a massive profit based on their misfortune of being unable to buy tickets at the standard price, a misfortune engineered by you and others like you in the first place.I'm all for turning a profit, but not when it comes to event tickets. Don't want to go to the event? Don't buy the tickets, and leave the event accessible to genuine fans.

I 100% with what @whelan189 said, I didn't buy the tickets with intention of selling on, just as the date for the event is getting closer I found myself less bothered about going, anyways people like you find any reason to moan about, so what if I was to buy tickets to resell, if it makes money, then I ain't complaining, not only that but people genuinely pay the re-sale price (Which is double the face value) and don't complain.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants