i cant find Kerrang magzaine in stores lately.. any know why?

I'm hoping someone on here might know more about this. For weeks now I've been looking for a store that sells kerrang magazine. I used to get it from Asda or newsagents and they never have it in anymore, been to a few places and they don't seem to have it either. Can't see online that it's stopped. Is it just I'm going when they have sold out or are they stopping it? I'm horrified if they are! lol

25 Comments

last year I ordered them direct from the publisher with delivery. I think I paid 70 for 52 copies.

Original Poster

Oo ok that's a lot cheaper then I expected! Don't think I want it every week though :-/ depends what/who is in it really

"I can't find Kerrang magazine in stores lately... any know why?

I could guess:-

The Internet.
Only 4K sold per month so taking up valuable shelf space.
it's 2017, not the 80s.

The German publishers will probably kill it off soon!

Have you tried Tesco? We usually get it from there. Also if I go into my local newsagents and ask them, they will order me a copy of a magazine and it arrives within a couple of days. Maybe worth a try?

Original Poster

dothedealnow

"I can't find Kerrang magazine in stores lately... any know why?I could … "I can't find Kerrang magazine in stores lately... any know why?I could guess:-The Internet.Only 4K sold per month so taking up valuable shelf space.it's 2017, not the 80s.The German publishers will probably kill it off soon!

Not sure what u mean by its 2017 not the 80's ?

LeahMinttoutou

I guess they mean people used to read more physical copies of stuff in the 90s compared to now

Original Poster

shywallflower

Have you tried Tesco? We usually get it from there. Also if I go into my … Have you tried Tesco? We usually get it from there. Also if I go into my local newsagents and ask them, they will order me a copy of a magazine and it arrives within a couple of days. Maybe worth a try?

I tried a Tesco extra last week and they didn't have it. I'll go in to town tomorrow and try the big Tesco store. I'll also ask in newsagents too Thankyou

LeahMinttoutou

​I bought Kerrang in the 80s when it was in its prime I think and had a good circulation. Expect it to be killed off in print form due to low circulation figures?

MIDURIX

I guess they mean people used to read more physical copies of stuff in … I guess they mean people used to read more physical copies of stuff in the 90s compared to now

​Correct.

Original Poster

MIDURIX

I guess they mean people used to read more physical copies of stuff in … I guess they mean people used to read more physical copies of stuff in the 90s compared to now

Ugh that's silly lol

Original Poster

dothedealnow

You can't really enjoy the posters on the internet :-/ ​Correct.

Original Poster

dothedealnow

​I bought Kerrang in the 80s when it was in its prime I think and had a g … ​I bought Kerrang in the 80s when it was in its prime I think and had a good circulation. Expect it to be killed off in print form due to low circulation figures?

My teenage daughter reads it and collects the posters. Think there is still quite a few people that read it. Emo's are everywhere! Lol

LeahMinttoutou

My teenage daughter reads it and collects the posters. Think there is … My teenage daughter reads it and collects the posters. Think there is still quite a few people that read it. Emo's are everywhere! Lol

​4K a month I believe? I could be totally wrong. I doubt that's sustainable. 10x would probably be sustainable.

LeahMinttoutou

Ugh that's silly lol

​Check the circulation figures......

Original Poster

Aww that will be sad if it does go

LeahMinttoutou

My teenage daughter reads it and collects the posters. Think there is … My teenage daughter reads it and collects the posters. Think there is still quite a few people that read it. Emo's are everywhere! Lol

The main problem isn't lack of people reading, just lack of people reading the physical copy.

Ah what happened to look in

4 issues for £4, just make sure you cancel including the direct debit.

greatmagazines.co.uk/ker…H2w
Edited by: "eslick" 16th Jan

Original Poster

MIDURIX

The main problem isn't lack of people reading, just lack of people … The main problem isn't lack of people reading, just lack of people reading the physical copy.

Yeah I understand. Think the posters help to keep it going abit. I know my daughter likes them covering her room as much as possible.

Original Poster

eslick

4 issues for £4, just make sure you cancel including the direct debit. … 4 issues for £4, just make sure you cancel including the direct debit. https://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/kerrang-magazine?gclid=CNm12suvx9ECFUM6Gwodzo0H2w

Ooo that's good. Thanks for that.. I will do that and cancel after the 4th thanks!:D

LeahMinttoutou

Ooo that's good. Thanks for that.. I will do that and cancel after the … Ooo that's good. Thanks for that.. I will do that and cancel after the 4th thanks!:D

Cancel after 3, you will still get the forth but won't get charged, if you wait they might take the money early

Original Poster

eslick

Cancel after 3, you will still get the forth but won't get charged, if … Cancel after 3, you will still get the forth but won't get charged, if you wait they might take the money early

Thankyou for the info :-)

LeahMinttoutou

I tried a Tesco extra last week and they didn't have it. I'll go in to … I tried a Tesco extra last week and they didn't have it. I'll go in to town tomorrow and try the big Tesco store. I'll also ask in newsagents too Thankyou

No probs, I've also got them from my local Sainsburys before too. If you really struggle, I wonder if you contacted them to see which shops they supply the magazine to?
kerrang.com/con…us/

Original Poster

shywallflower

No probs, I've also got them from my local Sainsburys before too. If you … No probs, I've also got them from my local Sainsburys before too. If you really struggle, I wonder if you contacted them to see which shops they supply the magazine to?http://www.kerrang.com/contact-us/

Thankyou I got it from tesco in the end like you suggested. Thanks for your help

LeahMinttoutou

Thankyou I got it from tesco in the end like you suggested. Thanks for … Thankyou I got it from tesco in the end like you suggested. Thanks for your help

That's great news, enjoy your magazine!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions