I found a lump...

Found 7th Apr 2009
Ok here goes:

2 weeks ago I was shaving and found a lump in my throat beneath my adams apple. It was more rounded and larger than my adams apple. I went to the doctor and he sent me for blood tests, he said it may be my thyroid...

I got the results last week and they were clear, so not my thyroid. The doctor immediately referred me for a scan, today I got my letter to arrange an appointment, and thankfully got a cancellation slot for 2moro!!! Only thing is I have been sent for a:

DIAGNOSTIC INVESTIGATION...

Any idea what this is???

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
43 Comments

I guess its to investigate what diagnosis they are going to make! :P

Hope everything goes well. Try not to worry, easier said than done I know x

Dont worry it will just be various tests so they can come up with a diagnosis and subsequent treatment plan.

In other words, the dr is not sure what it is...so he is doing tests to see. Im sure you will be fine, good luck

Probably and infection or just that area inflammed or something. good luck on test anyhow

Original Poster

It is a hard lump that is quite big in size and it doesn't hurt at all! Odd.

my aunt had a lump like that in her neck and got it removed although it wasn't cancerous or anything so try not too worry too mmuch although I know that's easy to say sometimes

jonny2k1;4857487

It is a hard lump that is quite big in size and it doesn't hurt at all! … It is a hard lump that is quite big in size and it doesn't hurt at all! Odd.

I'm not a doctor but it could be a harmless cyst or a collection of gunk within a sebaceous gland or many other things. Please dont be scared just go and get it looked at and hopefully you'll be fine x x

wickedteen;4857500

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LOL

That really is not funny.

wickedteen;4857500

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LOL

Can't see the funny side I'm afraid.

Could just be an insect bite or reaction to a sting etc?

wickedteen;4857500

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LOL

totally inappropriate!

Original Poster

Leila70;4857531

my aunt had a lump like that in her neck and got it removed although it … my aunt had a lump like that in her neck and got it removed although it wasn't cancerous or anything so try not too worry too mmuch although I know that's easy to say sometimes

What sort of scar was left?

Original Poster

wickedteen;4857500

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LOL

NOT FUNNY.

Sloth/Mod

Try not to worry too much (easy to say i know). Tomrrow will just be a appointment with the E.N.T department/consultant to have a look in your throat, possibly a scan to try and establish what it is. And then hopefully you'll know more.

I hope you get on alright.

wickedteen;4857500

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LOL

Wow, what a shocking thing to say! Clearly real humour lacks in your house, and you make do with sick stuff....just wow!!

jonny2k1;4857611

What sort of scar was left?

They used a couple of staples at the time and the wound was about 2 inches but to tell the truth I haven't noticed the scar at all come to think of it so must just have faded to a very fine feathery line.
Not sure why they removed it since it wasn't cancerous as I know someone else who had a lump and they just tested some cells from it and then when it was clear left it alone.

Original Poster

Leila70;4857709

They used a couple of staples at the time and the wound was about 2 … They used a couple of staples at the time and the wound was about 2 inches but to tell the truth I haven't noticed the scar at all come to think of it so must just have faded to a very fine feathery line. Not sure why they removed it since it wasn't cancerous as I know someone else who had a lump and they just tested some cells from it and then when it was clear left it alone.

Fingers xd! Just wondering what it cud be... :?

Sloth/Mod

jonny2k1;4857741

Fingers xd! Just wondering what it cud be... :?

Don't search the internet looking for answers as it will only tell you what you don't want to hear..........wheras in reality it could be a million and one things.

wickedteen;4857500

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LOL

idiot suspension coming your way i think

anyway to op good luck im sure all will be fine

Syzable;4857767

Don't search the internet looking for answers as it will only tell you … Don't search the internet looking for answers as it will only tell you what you don't want to hear..........wheras in reality it could be a million and one things.

Exactly right.

Jumping the gun a bit to talk about surgery. Not every lump has to be removed

Sloth/Mod

Just to wish you the best of luck for today.

Syzable;4861464

Just to wish you the best of luck for today.

me too. Hope everything goes well for you x x

Original Poster

Thanks guys!!! Appointment in 4 hours.

I see that person who made a stupid comment in this topic got suspended!

Good Luck for today :-)

jonny2k1;4862353

Thanks guys!!! Appointment in 4 hours. I see that person who made a … Thanks guys!!! Appointment in 4 hours. I see that person who made a stupid comment in this topic got suspended!

Let us know how it goes x x

Thinking of you at this time as im guessing your in your appointment now x

Original Poster

Hey guys!

Went to my appointment. Got lost trying to find the place!!! Damn Finsbury Park.

Anyway, the scan showed my thyroid to be in perfect working order, there was nothing cancerous from what the person doing the scan could see. The lump was not showing as anything abnormal.

The ultrasound results will be sent to my doc in 5 working days. Due to bank hol this will be longer!

So just gotta wait for the full results from doc. Sounds ok for now.

jonny2k1;4867467

Hey guys!Went to my appointment. Got lost trying to find the place!!! … Hey guys!Went to my appointment. Got lost trying to find the place!!! Damn Finsbury Park.Anyway, the scan showed my thyroid to be in perfect working order, there was nothing cancerous from what the person doing the scan could see. The lump was not showing as anything abnormal.The ultrasound results will be sent to my doc in 5 working days. Due to bank hol this will be longer!So just gotta wait for the full results from doc. Sounds ok for now.

That's great news jonny - I was wondering how you were getting on after our last chat :thumbsup:

Now stop worrying!!! :-D

Original Poster

Cheers guys! I will update again once I have seen doctor.

xxx

Sloth/Mod

jonny2k1;4867467

Hey guys!Went to my appointment. Got lost trying to find the place!!! … Hey guys!Went to my appointment. Got lost trying to find the place!!! Damn Finsbury Park.Anyway, the scan showed my thyroid to be in perfect working order, there was nothing cancerous from what the person doing the scan could see. The lump was not showing as anything abnormal.The ultrasound results will be sent to my doc in 5 working days. Due to bank hol this will be longer!So just gotta wait for the full results from doc. Sounds ok for now.

Excellent news...........hopefully get the all clear completely next week.

Original Poster

Syzable;4867586

Excellent news...........hopefully get the all clear completely next … Excellent news...........hopefully get the all clear completely next week.

Hope so!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4867646

I am sure you will, try not to worry now. Sonographers, know what they … I am sure you will, try not to worry now. Sonographers, know what they are looking for:thumbsup:Sending the reults to the gp is just routine:)

Cheers x

jonny2k1;4867467

sounds great, hopefully you'll get the all clear soon x x

Sounds like you'll be fine mate. Good Luck.

sounds like a result mate glad to see all seems fine

Original Poster

Hey guys... I get the ultrasound results 2moro x

jus saw this....wow intervies and this over ur head!! anyways its so normal to jump to thinking its the big C...thank heavens ur safe and its probably ur body being naughty and scaring u...hope and bet its something totally minor that should correct with a few tablets . good luck

Original Poster

Hey guys got the results!!! I GOT THE ALL CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

jonny2k1;4957436

Hey guys got the results!!! I GOT THE ALL … Hey guys got the results!!! I GOT THE ALL CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

YAY!!!!! I am SO pleased for you!!!!

I knew you'd be okay x x x x

Brilliant news !!! :thumbsup:

so pleased for you xxxxxx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is cash back?48
    2. water bill1019
    3. How to clean old printed T-Shirts?11
    4. Have you been to Nandos?922