I Give Up

Posted 29th Dec 2019
Gavin and Stacey viewers angry at homophobic slur in Christmas special

walesonline.co.uk/lif…913
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
mikeportsmouth29/12/2019 04:21

That`s todays world , can`t say anything without offending someone .

Outrage itself is big business these days, especially the manufactured type. Social media has become a weapon of mass destruction.

This offends me
15 Comments
People need to get out more and live a little

Outrage itself is big business these days, especially the manufactured type. Social media has become a weapon of mass destruction.
But holding up a mock-up of the PMs severed head, or calling the Queen the c word is ok, apparently. Twitter is home to some very twisted and very hypocritical people who are best ignored.
Edited by: "Hacked" 29th Dec 2019

This offends me
Were people really offended? Or is the newspaper trying to sell a story?
cis_groupie29/12/2019 10:30

Were people really offended? Or is the newspaper trying to sell a story?

I had this conversation with a chap at work which is gay, but about the actual song(not just the Gavin & Stacey episode).

He said it didn't bother him at all, he likes the song and underatands that at different times different things would be acceptable to say.

He did say though that his partner did find it offensive and was appauled that the TV show would allow it to be filmed in its original version as they could have altered it.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 29th Dec 2019
was it daffyd who was offended / outraged?

Or was it someone being outraged (oft needlessly) on another aspect of societies "behalf" ?

NB not seen the episode, however the gay (etc) community are quite capable of holding their own as they are very well organised, & often the biggest mickey takers going, because.. "humour"
Ok, just read headline.

"Mr brains" company is doubtless concerned that their "faggots" will be throw around supermarkets by the faux outraged.

bearing in mind how words evolve some folk may not be aware of the alternatives.

I was written a letter by some dick in govt for referencing them as "troll like" (the oh so right on public official took umbrage to the terminology I used as they came in plonked themselves down in a seat for 45 minutes with neither words nor movement, so still moss & lichen could have grown over them given time.
That's fools for you, for the rest of us we will ask for context & clarification in order to understand better what, how, why something is being used.... etc.
Whilst i'm not going to spend time going through lyrics of a great song by two friends from a nation that swaps friendly insults (as you do) with those closest to you because you know them well enough not to offend with ribald comments either way, Old new york (state) was very swampy (faggot collectors ...reed collectors for roofing etc)
Industrial new york (state) was metalwork orientated & metal rods used for a variety of reasons were / are faggots ..for instance.

New york (state) in recent times!? ...divergence & change again, known for disco in the 70's gay pride, etc etc...

Lucky the "offended" have never read any of the author poet John Milton.
Also, "faggot" used to be a perjorative term for a woman, long before it was then morphed to the current "outrage" ..usually one referred to then as a "fallen woman"

Ergo, think on ..lest your faux outrage confuse you!
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 29th Dec 2019
Mr_Gus29/12/2019 11:06

"Mr brains" company is doubtless concerned that their "faggots" will be …"Mr brains" company is doubtless concerned that their "faggots" will be throw around supermarkets by the faux outraged.

I hate faggots. I think all faggots should be sent to the moon and destroyed.

tesco.com/gro…626

39528766-eycOo.jpg
Just because you’re offended doesn’t make you right ...to paraphrase Rickie Gervais.
mikeportsmouth29/12/2019 10:21

Who cares

I'm offended that you haven't used a question mark at the end of your sentence
Please be equally offended that I haven't used any full stops
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell29/12/2019 15:25

I'm offended that you haven't used a question mark at the end of your …I'm offended that you haven't used a question mark at the end of your sentencePlease be equally offended that I haven't used any full stops

It`s not a question it`s a statement
Mr_Gus29/12/2019 11:06

Ok, just read headline."Mr brains" company is doubtless concerned that …Ok, just read headline."Mr brains" company is doubtless concerned that their "faggots" will be throw around supermarkets by the faux outraged.bearing in mind how words evolve some folk may not be aware of the alternatives.I was written a letter by some dick in govt for referencing them as "troll like" (the oh so right on public official took umbrage to the terminology I used as they came in plonked themselves down in a seat for 45 minutes with neither words nor movement, so still moss & lichen could have grown over them given time.That's fools for you, for the rest of us we will ask for context & clarification in order to understand better what, how, why something is being used.... etc.Whilst i'm not going to spend time going through lyrics of a great song by two friends from a nation that swaps friendly insults (as you do) with those closest to you because you know them well enough not to offend with ribald comments either way, Old new york (state) was very swampy (faggot collectors ...reed collectors for roofing etc)Industrial new york (state) was metalwork orientated & metal rods used for a variety of reasons were / are faggots ..for instance.New york (state) in recent times!? ...divergence & change again, known for disco in the 70's gay pride, etc etc...Lucky the "offended" have never read any of the author poet John Milton.Also, "faggot" used to be a perjorative term for a woman, long before it was then morphed to the current "outrage" ..usually one referred to then as a "fallen woman" Ergo, think on ..lest your faux outrage confuse you!

Love brains faggots and mash
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions