I GIVE UP WITH THIS

Found 31st Jan
Sick of posts being deleted when mods / editors don't actually read the posts.

This is to whoever deleted my DISCUSSION post (not a DEAL) and then would not let me private message them:

Hi.

You've just deleted my discussion which was NOT to do with the original post you're claiming it to be. My discussion was stating that the £20 activation fee would possibly be wiped in February for TV bundle customers. The "original" post said it would be free for all - which, it turns out, it wasn't.

The comments on the "original" post was from users moaning about paying the £20 activation fee. My discussion post was to alert people this may be waived in February.

Maybe ask before you just delete it?
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments
hotukdeals.com/dea…691

Have another look, it was a duplicate post, the thread says free. So whoever reported it and mods did the right thing. It’s got massive heat and 430 comments so do we really need another one?
Original Poster
eslick14 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-customer-upgrade-your-tv-box-to-the-latest-v6-model-free-of-charge-virgin-media-2882691Have another look, it was a duplicate post, the thread says free. So whoever reported it and mods did the right thing. It’s got massive heat and 430 comments so do we really need another one?

If you'd taken the time to read my original post you'd see that I was stating that for those users who were being asked for a £20 activation fee, that this would be be wiped in February. I purposely didn't post it under the DEALS section as I recognise this is not a deal but further information.

Also - no bad blood, but I know you reported it as you posted the original thread. Could have messaged me to discuss instead. Never mind.
Sloth/Mod
Hi @cocogumbo If there is some new info then the best place for it would be in the original thread as more people will see it there for who it would effect. Anything that would make a difference to the deal would be appreciated
cocogumbo42 m ago

If you'd taken the time to read my original post you'd see that I was …If you'd taken the time to read my original post you'd see that I was stating that for those users who were being asked for a £20 activation fee, that this would be be wiped in February. I purposely didn't post it under the DEALS section as I recognise this is not a deal but further information.Also - no bad blood, but I know you reported it as you posted the original thread. Could have messaged me to discuss instead. Never mind.

Have you got a link to the info about the activation fee being wiped in February?
I'm getting virgin installed in a few days and have been charged the £20 activation fee.
cocogumbo1 h, 6 m ago

If you'd taken the time to read my original post you'd see that I was …If you'd taken the time to read my original post you'd see that I was stating that for those users who were being asked for a £20 activation fee, that this would be be wiped in February. I purposely didn't post it under the DEALS section as I recognise this is not a deal but further information.Also - no bad blood, but I know you reported it as you posted the original thread. Could have messaged me to discuss instead. Never mind.

I did report it because I saw the same info as in the other thread, it says clearly on that thread that customers had “previously been charged £20” but you do know that just because it’s reported doesn’t mean it automatically gets deleted.

By by the way, I didn’t post the original thread either, don’t have virgin just like most long time users if we see something that looks like a duplicate I report it.
I think the point OP is making is that not everyone was eligible for the previous free upgrade/deal, but as of feb sometime those people may also get it free?
At least thats how I understood it, and seems fair enough to post that info in misc to me.
Yeah some mods love that delete button.
What does it matter if it's in misc anyway, plenty of crap gets posted
Original Poster
athunder15 h, 43 m ago

I think the point OP is making is that not everyone was eligible for the …I think the point OP is making is that not everyone was eligible for the previous free upgrade/deal, but as of feb sometime those people may also get it free?At least thats how I understood it, and seems fair enough to post that info in misc to me.

Spot on!
Original Poster
DexMorgan16 h, 35 m ago

Have you got a link to the info about the activation fee being wiped in …Have you got a link to the info about the activation fee being wiped in February?I'm getting virgin installed in a few days and have been charged the £20 activation fee.

Yep, it's here - virginmedia.com/sho…tml Scroll down to the purple banner and it says just below:

"Awesome things are round the corner for our customersInterested in our Virgin TV V6 box? If you haven’t got one yet, something exciting is just around the corner. Sit tight – we’ll be getting in touch with our TV bundle customers from February."
cocogumbo29 m ago

Yep, it's here - http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6.html Scroll down to …Yep, it's here - http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6.html Scroll down to the purple banner and it says just below:"Awesome things are round the corner for our customersInterested in our Virgin TV V6 box? If you haven’t got one yet, something exciting is just around the corner. Sit tight – we’ll be getting in touch with our TV bundle customers from February."

Oh so this isn't scrapping the initial £20 activation fee for new customers?
If this gets you that bothered then maybe the internet isn’t for you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants