Groups

I got a acer aspire X3200 problem

Just downloaded a HD film 7.8gb and the media players even vlc cannot cope with the graphics. I cn only asssume I need a stand alone graphics card but my case is very small. Can anyone recommend what to buy apart from a bigger case and what sort of PSU will be sufficient for its installation. Thanks for any input

7 Comments

You're far better off with a dedicated media player like a Popcorn Hour. They just work, no fiddling with drivers and stuff.

what gfx port does the motherboard have

Depends if you really need to play it through your pc, if not as ro53ben said a dedicated media player would be probably cheaper and easier, or better yet a PS3 or Xbox360 even better as you then have a media player and a games console for around £100 (cheaper then a decent graphics card and new case!)

if pc has pci-e a low profile 8400 or g210 will play high def fine and cost about £30

Original Poster

djnaff

if pc has pci-e a low profile 8400 or g210 will play high def fine and … if pc has pci-e a low profile 8400 or g210 will play high def fine and cost about £30

Hi yes it does have a pci-e. Thanks very much to everyone

Original Poster

I just purchased this for £69 hope it will be worth having. 2GB Radeon HD 5450 HDMI 1GB Low Profile Graphics Card

Original Poster

Bigfoot600

I just purchased this for £69 hope it will be worth having. 2GB Radeon HD … I just purchased this for £69 hope it will be worth having. 2GB Radeon HD 5450 HDMI 1GB Low Profile Graphics Card

To learn by my own mistake I have just checked the PSU and it only has a 220w output where as the above graphics card needs 300w minimum.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1831
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2599
      4. TechInTheBasket?69

See more discussions