I got a refund on my covid cancelled Ryanair flights

Posted 17th Jul
Just had my monies refunded by a chargeback I did on Ryanair..

Definately worth raising a chargeback if you haven’t already
Community Updates
11 Comments
I’ve got a hotel booked for August for an event which got cancelled due to Covid. Do you think I can do a chargeback for that?
mas12317/07/2020 12:59

I’ve got a hotel booked for August for an event which got cancelled due to …I’ve got a hotel booked for August for an event which got cancelled due to Covid. Do you think I can do a chargeback for that?

Speak to your bank, they agreed to attempt a chargeback for me due to the timings due to it being effectively a debit card payment (Monzo card) Ryanair offered a credit note and a refund once corona virus pandemic is over I argued that Ryanair could go bust in the timeframe I have allowed to make the claim so monzo accepted that as the reason and went ahead with the chargeback
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 17th Jul
whatyadoinsucka17/07/2020 13:02

Speak to your bank, they agreed to attempt a chargeback for me due to the …Speak to your bank, they agreed to attempt a chargeback for me due to the timings due to it being effectively a debit card payment (Monzo card) Ryanair offered a credit note and a refund once corona virus pandemic is over I argued that Ryanair could go bust in the timeframe I have allowed to make the claim so monzo accepted that as the reason and went ahead with the chargeback

Nice. Hotel is offering to change dates but there no point of that for me.
Sorry but unless the hotel is prt of a package, then you should be bound by the terms and conditions of that booking.
Just because the event is cancelled shouldn’t mean you can chargeback the hotel. You should have booked with the option to cancel
mas12317/07/2020 12:59

I’ve got a hotel booked for August for an event which got cancelled due to …I’ve got a hotel booked for August for an event which got cancelled due to Covid. Do you think I can do a chargeback for that?

Unless the hotel booking was through the same event package, it is highly unlikely the hotel will agree to refund.
Got my money from hotels.com via chargeback.

Hotels.com agreed to refund the hotel, but refused to refund flights because "Air France's policy is to issue flight credit" (Utter BS as Air Frances website confirms they are issuing refunds). They also refused to refund the resort tickets too, claiming they are non-refundable.

I used to use them for all my business hotel bookings, however ive completely lost interest in them now so ill be going through a more reputable company that actually puts customers first.

I STRONGLY encourage anyone booking any sort of flight/holiday in future to do so on credit card, so you have the Article 75 consumer protection in case they either go bust or the service isn't provided.
Edited by: "118luke" 17th Jul
Kbramman17/07/2020 13:08

Sorry but unless the hotel is prt of a package, then you should be bound …Sorry but unless the hotel is prt of a package, then you should be bound by the terms and conditions of that booking. Just because the event is cancelled shouldn’t mean you can chargeback the hotel. You should have booked with the option to cancel

Agree. As once the hotel is open it is not their fault the event is cancelled.

As a side note if you do put a chargeback in the bank will usually refund quite quickly - but can take it back again if the hotel argues against it.
118luke17/07/2020 13:18

Got my money from hotels.com via chargeback. Hotels.com agreed to refund …Got my money from hotels.com via chargeback. Hotels.com agreed to refund the hotel, but refused to refund flights because "Air France's policy is to issue flight credit" (Utter BS as Air Frances website confirms they are issuing refunds). They also refused to refund the resort tickets too, claiming they are non-refundable.I used to use them for all my business hotel bookings, however ive completely lost interest in them now so ill be going through a more reputable company that actually puts customers first.I STRONGLY encourage anyone booking any sort of flight/holiday in future to do so on credit card, so you have the Article 75 consumer protection in case they either go bust or the service isn't provided.

yep or book hotels seperatly on a free cancellation, can cancel day before.

With flights 100% credit card if over £75

cheaper flights i don't bother and just way with monzo
I did it for my Flybe flights, didn't use credit card, but filled in form, money back no problems
I've been waiting since 3rd of April for Tesco to process my claim... Still waiting... And waiting
OnTheBeach have refunded me for the Ryanair flights in advance of them receiving payment from Ryanair and also given me a voucher for £100 off my next holiday booked via them. Just had to sign a disclaimer stating I wouldn't do a charge back etc..
Post a comment
@
    Text