Groups

i got food poisoning from a chinese take away last night

should i phone them and let them know?
    it was all i had to eat yesterday

75 Comments

They'll probably not want to know or not care, your only comeback is if they gave you a receipt (which I'm guessing not likely with a chinese takeaway)

I Think Unless You Can Prove It All You Might Get Is A Complimentry Meal(not Worth Bothering Weith Realy As It Was This That Was The Problem)

what did you have?

How do you know it wasn't a bug??

maybe your just hungry - doesn't sound like your eating enough!

Food poisoning can take anything up to 3 days to show symptoms.

I thought that its not what you ate yesterday but the day before that did it?

You should contact your local environmental health department about any suspected food poisoning as they can check if the premises are clean etc etc.

dananana;7143116

You should contact your local environmental health department about any … You should contact your local environmental health department about any suspected food poisoning as they can check if the premises are clean etc etc.

they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food poisoning :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ok it was curry sauce fried rice and chicken balls within half a hour of eating it i started to feel sick then i was sick and kept going to the bathroom all night i am fine now and was feeling fine up untill eating it

tonico;7143151

ok it was curry sauce fried rice and chicken balls within half a hour of … ok it was curry sauce fried rice and chicken balls within half a hour of eating it i started to feel sick then i was sick and kept going to the bathroom all night i am fine now and was feeling fine up untill eating it

was it after the 10 pints of lager?

WheresMeNuts;7143111

Food poisoning can take anything up to 3 days to show symptoms.

AshleyRFC;7143113

I thought that its not what you ate yesterday but the day before that did … I thought that its not what you ate yesterday but the day before that did it?

tinkerbell28;7143157

Food poisoning onset is not that quick, it will be a bug.

All of this

transit;7143171

was it after the 10 pints of lager?

Lager?? Buckfast more like.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7143157

Food poisoning onset is not that quick, it will be a bug.

according to google it can start straight away and now it its out my sytem i am fine i am 100% it wasnt a bug considering it just started after eating it and i was ok before it

[SIZE="3"] "they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food poisoning "[/SIZE]

And they 'wont' have multiple reports unless you report it:whistling:

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;7143183

Lager?? Buckfast more like.

lol no i wasnt drinking anything all weekend

Original Poster

Gouyave_man;7143194

[SIZE="3"] "they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food … [SIZE="3"] "they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food poisoning "[/SIZE]And they 'wont' have multiple reports unless you report it:whistling:

good point i think i will phone them

transit;7143136

they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food poisoning … they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food poisoning :thumbsup:

So:thumbsup:..............If YOU report it, your report might be the one that makes it a 'multiple report'.......if they run a clean shop they have nothing to fear!

Gouyave_man;7143194

[SIZE="3"] "they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food … [SIZE="3"] "they wont act unless there are multiple reports of food poisoning "[/SIZE]And they 'wont' have multiple reports unless you report it:whistling:

1 doesnt equal multiple :whistling:

NHS

The time it takes for symptoms to develop after eating contaminated food … The time it takes for symptoms to develop after eating contaminated food is called the incubation period. The incubation period can range from one hour to 90 days. Most cases of food poisoning have an incubation period of between one and three days.

So it could have been anything you've eaten in the last 90 days.... move on..
    nhs.uk/Con…spx

Banned

tonico;7143151

ok it was curry sauce fried rice and chicken balls within half a hour of … ok it was curry sauce fried rice and chicken balls within half a hour of eating it i started to feel sick then i was sick and kept going to the bathroom all night i am fine now and was feeling fine up untill eating it

wasnt the chinese then! :w00t:

Original Poster

i phoned them and they said thats strange but thanks for letting us know

tonico;7143302

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

this thread = lollington

tonico;7143151

There's a ton of Norovirus (Winter Vomiting Bug) going about right now - probably that.

It causes the skits as well as puking, and is self limiting after around 12 hours - food poisoning is not.:thumbsup:

csiman;7143279

wasnt the chinese then! :w00t:

+1

Why do folk always assume it was the last place they ate out from?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/422168161_6c2ce5b980_m.jpg

tonico;7143216

good point i think i will phone them

Did you get a Free curry from them :evil:

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts;7143544

Did you get a Free curry from them :evil:

lol no i didnt want one i wont be getting anything again from there
    and it was definetley not a bug it was the food

http://pokeh.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/facepalm.jpg
    tonico;7143302

My little lad was really poorly a few weeks ago, we sent in a stool sample and four days later had a visit from environmental health as he had tested positive for salmonella.They asked for details on all the food he had eaten in the 72 hours prior to being sick,concentrating on eggs, chicken and mince, there was only one item of food, chilli,from a local restaurant, that no one else in the family had eaten, however as no one else reported sickness there was nothing anyone could do. We will be avoiding the restaurant though!

tonico;7143663

lol no i didnt want one i wont be getting anything again from there and … lol no i didnt want one i wont be getting anything again from there and it was definetley not a bug it was the food

Tell us all how exactly you know this...without having access to:

a microbiology lab
    a sample of the food you ate
    the knowledge how to operate the above
    any evidence whatsoever

Also, I hope you're in my area of Glasgow - I look forward to receiving your phone call tomorrow.:whistling:

Original Poster

moob;7144003

Tell us all how exactly you know this...without having access to:a … Tell us all how exactly you know this...without having access to:a microbiology laba sample of the food you atethe knowledge how to operate the aboveany evidence whatsoeverAlso, I hope you're in my area of Glasgow - I look forward to receiving your phone call tomorrow.:whistling:

lol i am not going to complain but i know my body well enough and it was the food end off

camew;7143784

My little lad was really poorly a few weeks ago, we sent in a stool … My little lad was really poorly a few weeks ago, we sent in a stool sample and four days later had a visit from environmental health as he had tested positive for salmonella.They asked for details on all the food he had eaten in the 72 hours prior to being sick,concentrating on eggs, chicken and mince, there was only one item of food, chilli,from a local restaurant, that no one else in the family had eaten, however as no one else reported sickness there was nothing anyone could do. We will be avoiding the restaurant though!

To be fair, your kid could have contracted salmonella from a wide variety of sources - I'd wager if the restaurant had served the same meal to several other customers and they had contracted it, then there would be sufficient evidence to proceed.:thumbsup:

tonico;7144039

lol i am not going to complain but i know my body well enough and it was … lol i am not going to complain but i know my body well enough and it was the food end off

http://www.failfunnies.com/33/images/another-chinese-restaurant-fail.jpg

tonico;7144039

lol i am not going to complain but i know my body well enough and it was … lol i am not going to complain but i know my body well enough and it was the food end off

That's my point, you don't know it was the food, no matter what your body tells you! :lol:

Are you in East Ren?

tonico;7144039

Ever considered the fact that as it was the ONLY meal you had eaten, the bug had been festering until you ate something :whistling:

tonico;7143151

I'd be sick too if I ate chicken's balls

Spriggan;7144135

I'd be sick too if I ate chicken's balls

chickens don't have balls :?

cockerells do

Wow, some really helpful comments in this thread............http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/048/8/1/meh_by_Invader_Zero.gif

[CENTER]http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/fox2020plus/chipperrs0.gif[/CENTER]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oculus Desktop - new or used11
      2. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay810
      3. Best 40 inch TV for £30033
      4. 10% Argos code with glitch40

See more discussions