i got my post from royal mail on a sunday!

Found 1st Jul 2012
maybe their trying to make up for the lack of service over the past few weeks for me at least

anyone else get post on a sunday?
Community Updates
17 Comments
I did a few weeks ago, I was a bit surprised
Come on moderation queue!!
Think they might be stepping it up.. I know my local post office is now open from 9-5 on sundays too.
Most likely still trying to clear the christmas backlog.
You sure it wasn't mis-delivered and your neighbour posted it through the correct letterbox?
No your postman felt guilty.
I have had post at 8:30pm and on Sundays. Probably the late post they have not posted. The bags must be blocking the coffee machine.
never ever ever ever.
Bully

Most likely still trying to clear the christmas backlog.

Which year ?
had ours delivered at 6pm one time!

they seem to deliver whenever they like nowa' days..
dga

1 hour, 20 minutes, it's not going to happen

Almost as bad as the royal mail...
Are you sure this was Royal Mail? Did you actually see the postman? Sometimes things that you think have been delivered by Royal Mail have actually been delivered by other companies.

most likely this

Teeth_Extractor

You sure it wasn't mis-delivered and your neighbour posted it through the … You sure it wasn't mis-delivered and your neighbour posted it through the correct letterbox?

and your neighbour was wearing a red t-shirt
probably the postman couldn't be bothered yesterday and took it all home with him to do today
Royal Mail has a 6 day a week obligation to deliver mail to all residential addresses, it's called the Universal Service Obligation. I was told that they don't deliver on a Sunday as this would be unfair to competitors!
Late in the day is usually to make sure they deliver to every address (the uso).

Sunday is usually clearing a backlog from the week...
Late in the day is coz they are short staffed and have to get another Postie to deliver another job on overtime after his own delivery. The deliveries have changed as of late and we now have 3 walks to deliver between 2 staff. The walks are too long and we are now out delivering between 4 to 6 hours! We have never delivered mail on a Sunday from our Delivery Office.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants