Take a look at this never thought earth was so tiny

40 Comments

Original Poster

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/rlvsy/2364456130_140edc0636_o.gif

Banned

Thats pretty cool.

Admin

Yeah I like that

I got lost after the Sun came up! Never heard of anything after that, lol!

Banned

Wow! No wonder people say "small world innit"! :-D

*Not to scale.

Interesting watch

Wow! Things like this blow me away!
    Makes you feel so insignificant!

Banned

Benjimoron;2569262

*Not to scale.

What are you saying? You think its fake?

Impressive stuff.

I have read peviously that earth could fit into the red spot on jupiter, so that bit looks accurate!

hodsey77;2569254

yer exactly lol, but still thats really cool learnt something new today thanks.:thumbsup:

impressive....it just keeps going lol

Where did the lovely names go?

How'd we get from Acturus & Pollux to V838 Monoverotirerowhogivesableedinhell!

Apart from that!

A M A Z I N G ! ! !

Cheers immortal!

guv;2569336

What are you saying? You think its fake?

No, just a joke!

Not a very funny one mind!

Banned

Benjimoron;2569472

No, just a joke!

Ah, ok.

Fascinating subject Astronomy.

Didn't realise Uranus was so big... :-D

Banned

andyat2002;2569499

Didn't realise Uranus was so big... :-D

Small when next to your Pollux.

guv;2569494

Ah, ok.Fascinating subject Astronomy.

Agreed, wish I understood alot more about it. Would be great to know what we'll know in a few thousand years.

Ha! did you puny humans think you were the centre of the universe

My fav subject, hope aliens land n show us how to travel fastter than light.

Banned

You think Earth is small. These pictures drawn to scale will blow your mind:-

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot002-2.jpg
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot001-1.jpg

Banned

Ooops! Didnt notice the initial OPs image was changing. Still, its nice to see a fixed comparison image.

Ah! well in 15 bilion years we'll all be toast as the sun goes pufffffftttttttttt !! :cry:

Better have some good sunblock that day :thumbsup:

i like it

Saw something similar before, pretty cool.

Banned

csiman;2571309

Ooops! Didnt notice the initial OPs image was changing. Still, its nice … Ooops! Didnt notice the initial OPs image was changing. Still, its nice to see a fixed comparison image.

Hehe. The last pic is just insane. You couldnt possibly comprehend those sizes!

Banned

happy donkey;2571332

Ah! well in 15 bilion years we'll all be toast as the sun goes … Ah! well in 15 bilion years we'll all be toast as the sun goes pufffffftttttttttt !! :cry:Better have some good sunblock that day :thumbsup:

Will it actually just go puffftttt!

Yep cuz in space there aint no sound

Banned

happy donkey;2575917

Yep cuz in space there aint no sound

Silly cat/donkey (Youve confused me with your avy!)

In space no one can hear you scream!!!!!

hodsey77;2569254

think all the rest after the sun are from star trek, star wars etc lol

joking!

Very cool - can't wait to show my son when he gets back from camp today. This will blow his mind!

Thanks - an impressive post :thumbsup:

csiman;2571309

Ooops! Didnt notice the initial OPs image was changing. Still, its nice … Ooops! Didnt notice the initial OPs image was changing. Still, its nice to see a fixed comparison image.

Thanks for these - I agree, nice to have them in still pictures as well :thumbsup:

Wow looks cool.

But if these other things are so big in compared to the sun how can we not see them?

modoc;2632930

Wow looks cool. But if these other things are so big in compared to the … Wow looks cool. But if these other things are so big in compared to the sun how can we not see them?

They are further away...

modoc;2632930

But if these other things are so big in compared to the sun how can we … But if these other things are so big in compared to the sun how can we not see them?

Hmm, maybe because they are 300 million times further away than the sun...

jah128;2633003

Hmm, maybe because they are 300 million times further away than the sun...

Hence why I asked the question...jeez :roll:

modoc;2633143

Hence why I asked the question...jeez :roll:

You totally lost me there - you asked "But if these other things are so big in compared to the sun how can we not see them?", I answered "because they are 300 million times further away than the sun..." which, as far as I can decipher from your rather illiterate question, is the answer you are after :?

jah128;2633340

You totally lost me there - you asked "But if these other things are so … You totally lost me there - you asked "But if these other things are so big in compared to the sun how can we not see them?", I answered "because they are 300 million times further away than the sun..." which, as far as I can decipher from your rather illiterate question, is the answer you are after :?

So the "Hmm maybe" part of your answer was not sarcastic then. As for the "illiterate" retort, you sir are a grade a knobhead.

modoc;2633434

So the "Hmm maybe" part of your answer was not sarcastic then. As for the … So the "Hmm maybe" part of your answer was not sarcastic then. As for the "illiterate" retort, you sir are a grade a knobhead.

:giggle: If it didn't have [/sarcasm] tags then it wasn't sarcastic. I thank you for awarding me top marks for my knobheadedness though, I usually only manage a B+... :thumbsup:

PS For a more detailed explanation of distance and perspective, see ]here

That was amazing!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions