Groups

I had my first car accident today

It was my fault, I was on the motor way, stuck in traffic, and my car rolled back onto the car behind me.

There was no damage done to either cars, I took pictures of her car and my car to prove it.
    I told her to go to the mechanic to get a quote rather than call the insurance company, if she does come back with a ridicules quote, I am guessing that I can fight the claim on the evidence that there was no damage, am I right?

I have got about 7-8 years NCD anyway, but I am guessing my isurance will go up anyway next year if she goes through the insurance company

37 Comments

You shouldn't have any probs since you took photos . Did you take the name of any witnesses?

why tell her to go to a mechanic if there was no damage?

[ ]nice use of the handbreak

black gerbil1;7689372

Nice use of spelling.

Original Poster

dataload;7689371

why tell her to go to a mechanic if there was no damage?

would it better if she goes to her insurance company? they'll ask her to get a quote anyway

Im amazed, at every traffic light junction, I always spot someone riding the clutch when the light is no where near changing to green. I just think about the poor sod who might buy that car of them and pay for their stupidity.

brakes not working?

or lack of concentration?

I am guessing that I can fight the claim on the evidence that there was … I am guessing that I can fight the claim on the evidence that there was no damage, am I right?

lol

Original Poster

Tazzer;7689367

You shouldn't have any probs since you took photos . Did you take the … You shouldn't have any probs since you took photos . Did you take the name of any witnesses?

no

Original Poster

boothy;7689401

brakes not working?or lack of concentration?lol

lack of concentration

It's my fault

black gerbil1;7689372

anglais s'il vous plait

:roll:

You must report it to your insurance company but tell them for notification purposes only.

If you dont report it to them, they may invalidate your insurance should you ever need to make a claim, its a requirement of all insurance policies that you MUST notify the insurance companies of ANY relevant information that includes notifying them of a non claim accident.

Up to you if you don't but I've told you the possible concequences.

If you dont believe me, call your insurance company, dont tell them who you are and simply ask, do I have to tell you of any accidents if insured by you, even if there is no claim?
    you'll be surprised by the answer.

hassony;7689394

would it better if she goes to her insurance company? they'll ask her to … would it better if she goes to her insurance company? they'll ask her to get a quote anyway

a quote for what though? "There was no damage done to either cars"

Banned

You're lucky the other party wasn't me - I'd have knocked you out for being so ridiculous

[ ] Keyboard warrior
    [X] Real life hero.

dataload;7689483

a quote for what though? "There was no damage done to either cars"

Correction. There was no visible damage done to either car.

Which makes it unlikely that there was damage, but not impossible.

Original Poster

karenhornby;7689480

You must report it to your insurance company but tell them for … You must report it to your insurance company but tell them for notification purposes only.If you dont report it to them, they may invalidate your insurance should you ever need to make a claim, its a requirement of all insurance policies that you MUST notify the insurance companies of ANY relevant information that includes notifying them of a non claim accident.Up to you if you don't but I've told you the possible concequences.If you dont believe me, call your insurance company, dont tell them who you are and simply ask, do I have to tell you of any accidents if insured by you, even if there is no claim?you'll be surprised by the answer.

someone else on another forum gave me the same advice, I'll do that tonight when I get home thanks

vibeone;7689502

You're lucky the other party wasn't me - I'd have knocked you out for … You're lucky the other party wasn't me - I'd have knocked you out for being so ridiculous[ ] Keyboard warrior[X] Real life hero.

That would have been great, as I would have sued you and got some of your millions

Crazy Jamie;7689513

Correction. There was no visible damage done to either car. Which makes … Correction. There was no visible damage done to either car. Which makes it unlikely that there was damage, but not impossible.

yes
    I did take a picture to the engine as well just in case

Banned

If she claims her insurance its up to the insurance companies to fight it out - damage or not

Banned

hassony;7689556

That would have been great, as I would have sued you and got some of your … That would have been great, as I would have sued you and got some of your millions

[X] Would have been worth it
    [ ] Would miss a million quid

She will have whiplash unfortunately after she goes home and starts telling friends what happened...

Original Poster

Chiptivo;7689948

She will have whiplash unfortunately after she goes home and starts … She will have whiplash unfortunately after she goes home and starts telling friends what happened...

well she was walking around normally afterwards, and I asked her a couple of times and she said she was ok in front of the witness

probably I should have recorded the conversation on my mobile

hassony;7690211

well she was walking around normally afterwards, and I asked her a couple … well she was walking around normally afterwards, and I asked her a couple of times and she said she was ok in front of the witnessprobably I should have recorded the conversation on my mobile

No. The headache and neck pain would of set in when she had got home and had got over the shock and the pressure you were putting on her to say everything was ok...

Original Poster

there is nothing I can do about it anyway, I just have to be more careful when I am driving

hopefully she'll just realise that her car was ok and just move on, If not than I'll just have to take it on the chin

Chiptivo;7690252

No. The headache and neck pain would of set in when she had got home and … No. The headache and neck pain would of set in when she had got home and had got over the shock and the pressure you were putting on her to say everything was ok...

I appreciate the cynicism, but in all fairness whiplash symptoms rarely actually set in at the scene. It normally takes anywhere from an hour or two to a day to set in. They then worsen gradually before improving. So even in a genuine case it is unlikely that symptoms would be shown at the scene.

From what Hassony has said it sounds like the collision happened at a very low speed, which makes me think that if she does claim injury, Hassony's insurance company could defend the case on the basis Low Velocity Impact (i.e. the collision happened at such a low speed that she could not physically have been injured). If it turns out that no damage has in fact been caused to the vehicles, this will greatly assist any defence made on the basis of LVI.

All that would be a matter for Hassony's insurance company (and ultimately their solicitors) though, and not something to be dealt with personally.

Original Poster

Crazy Jamie;7690424

I appreciate the cynicism, but in all fairness whiplash symptoms rarely … I appreciate the cynicism, but in all fairness whiplash symptoms rarely actually set in at the scene. It normally takes anywhere from an hour or two to a day to set in. They then worsen gradually before improving. So even in a genuine case it is unlikely that symptoms would be shown at the scene. From what Hassony has said it sounds like the collision happened at a very low speed, which makes me think that if she does claim injury, Hassony's insurance company could defend the case on the basis Low Velocity Impact (i.e. the collision happened at such a low speed that she could not physically have been injured). If it turns out that no damage has in fact been caused to the vehicles, this will greatly assist any defence made on the basis of LVI.All that would be a matter for Hassony's insurance company (and ultimately their solicitors) though, and not something to be dealt with personally.

cheers for that

I think I'll defo call the insurance company this evening and "notify" them of what happened

Banned

surely a car riding backwards cant have caused whiplash...it would barely have been going 5mph??

if she becomes an a** just claim the she didnt stop in time and hit you..... more likly that someone goes into the back of you then you rolling backwards you would win ;-)

hassony;7689394

There was no damage done to either cars, I took pictures of her car and … There was no damage done to either cars, I took pictures of her car and my car to prove it.

Not to try & be funny here, but there could be any amount of non physical damage to the front of the car. Best get a mechanic check it out & fix as appropriate.

If he/she goes through yuor insurance, you will need to pay your excess & then lose your NCB (if not protected).

If they go through a mechanic privately, it "should" be much cheaper (ask to see written quote), and you wont lost NCB.

I wouldnt bother informing insurance company if they go via the mechanic option as it could cause you hasstle in the future (mate did this & his premium went up the next year because of a declared accident with a non insurance payout - work that out !)

splatsplatsplat;7689397

Im amazed, at every traffic light junction, I always spot someone riding … Im amazed, at every traffic light junction, I always spot someone riding the clutch when the light is no where near changing to green. I just think about the poor sod who might buy that car of them and pay for their stupidity.

Whats wrong with riding the clutch (at biting point, not being a tool & giving it loads of gas & clutch) ?

I do it everyday, saves the poor sod behind you from being blinded by your brake lights, and the inconvinience of putting on the handbrake :thumbsup:

Banned

ChrisUK;7690738

Whats wrong with riding the clutch (at biting point, not being a tool & … Whats wrong with riding the clutch (at biting point, not being a tool & giving it loads of gas & clutch) ?

Over the course of thousands of miles (and therefore thousands of traffic lights / junctions) you will reduce the clutch lifespan a great deal. Its pretty obvious.

ChrisUK;7690738

Whats wrong with riding the clutch (at biting point, not being a tool & … Whats wrong with riding the clutch (at biting point, not being a tool & giving it loads of gas & clutch) ?I do it everyday, saves the poor sod behind you from being blinded by your brake lights, and the inconvinience of putting on the handbrake :thumbsup:

Because you will wear out your clutch.

Using the handbrake takes seconds to use.

Just bad driving.

Sachs racing clutch, so I very much doubt that will wear out any time soon

Banned

ChrisUK;7691900

Sachs racing clutch, so I very much doubt that will wear out any time … Sachs racing clutch, so I very much doubt that will wear out any time soon

Oh dear, shall I tell him or.... ?

ChrisUK;7691900

Sachs racing clutch, so I very much doubt that will wear out any time … Sachs racing clutch, so I very much doubt that will wear out any time soon

Over hyped, + over priced, it will still burn out doing what you do.

I told her to go to the mechanic to get a quote rather than call the … I told her to go to the mechanic to get a quote rather than call the insurance company

That's not your call to make. Unless theres absolutely no damage i'd be surprised if she didn't go through the insurance company.

I dont see the point in riding the clutch when your at the traffic lights, using the handbrake is easier!? Its like a game or something to some people, they like to try to keep the car static riding the clutch, but you can tell they are doing it, as they are going back./forth very slightly. Ruining the clutch, annoying me!
    We all do it a little, as it can be faster if your waiting for 1 car to pass or stopping at a small junction/roundabout, but when the lights just go red on a 4 way junction, these idiots keep it going for 3-4 minutes.

Banned

stuck in traffic on a motorway..........how close was she for you to be able to roll back into her?

or how far did you roll back?

Original Poster

casparwhite;7692705

stuck in traffic on a motorway..........how close was she for you to be … stuck in traffic on a motorway..........how close was she for you to be able to roll back into her?or how far did you roll back?

2 meters or so

hassony;7692855

2 meters or so

Gas or electric?:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213632
      2. First 2 lucky people.77
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1123
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831532