I had sold my Lg G4 but it’s gone into bootloop while resetting it

Found 21st Mar
I’m so annoyed. I reset my lg g4 to manufacturing setting because I sold it and it worked 100% fine before hand. I offered to deliver it by hand, when the buyer tried it he complained of it rebooting itself, so me being a good human I did a u-turn to offer a refund as I couldn’t believe that would happen etc.
I took the mobile back after looking at it. I have tried powering it on with a charger at home, it worked so I tried doing another reset because I wanted to sell it again and try some settings to see if I resolved any issues but I’m now back to square one with the mobile rebooting itself many times.

It has already been through a bootloop last year and fixed by lg.
Any help would be great as it’s just out of warranty.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Are you 100% sure it's not a board swap con?
26 Comments
Get in touch with LG again explaining that the same issue was fixed under warranty and explain that you are not satisfied the same issue has happened again. I’m sure they will help you out and offer a repair or some solution.
Turn off your LG G4 (complete a full shut down process – press power key and select “power off” or press and hold power button for a few moments).Then, press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons – don’t release the keys.Keep pressing the buttons until the LG Logo is being displayed.At that point release the buttons for about 1 second.After that immediately press and hold Power and Volume Down keys pressed once more.The recovery mode menu should be then displayed on your LG G4.You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.

You’ll want to choose Wipe Cache Partition as your option the first time around. You won’t lose any data doing this, so don’t worry there! Once it’s done, you should restart the phone again.

If you end up stuck in the startup after clearing the partition, you may want to think about resetting the phone all together. You can use Recovery Mode and Factory Data Reset to do so. This will erase any info you have saved to the phone so make sure you have a backup made if you can.
What a good human being you are
Get it fixed again or sell for parts. I sold mine for parts as good screen and was in perfect condition. I got £75 on ebay.. Result.. . Even fixed g4s fail again eventually.. Annoying, there it is
Edited by: "wayners" 21st Mar
If I recall correctly, when you send your phone to LG for repair, you get a year's warranty on the repair. So a year from the date it was returned to you. I sent one in at the end of last year.

Are you sure that your warranty on the repair has expired, not just the original warranty on the handset?
Splice42 m ago

Me?

Definitely not.

The OP? Yes
Gollywood2 m ago

Definitely not.The OP? Yes

Original Poster
Splice3 h, 20 m ago

Turn off your LG G4 (complete a full shut down process – press power key a …Turn off your LG G4 (complete a full shut down process – press power key and select “power off” or press and hold power button for a few moments).Then, press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons – don’t release the keys.Keep pressing the buttons until the LG Logo is being displayed.At that point release the buttons for about 1 second.After that immediately press and hold Power and Volume Down keys pressed once more.The recovery mode menu should be then displayed on your LG G4.You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.You’ll want to choose Wipe Cache Partition as your option the first time around. You won’t lose any data doing this, so don’t worry there! Once it’s done, you should restart the phone again.If you end up stuck in the startup after clearing the partition, you may want to think about resetting the phone all together. You can use Recovery Mode and Factory Data Reset to do so. This will erase any info you have saved to the phone so make sure you have a backup made if you can.

Thanks. I tried this but now it’s totally gone in boot loop. It won’t even power on
Original Poster
kester761 h, 57 m ago

That’s what my sister in law thought but mine had a little colour scuff on the speaker and so does this, a light scratch scuff meets my mobile discription too. I went to his address personally to deliver so I have his address if he has done anything such as a swop. I have had a look on the box but imei numbers don’t match so now I’m really confused.
Misslovely7 m ago

Thanks. I tried this but now it’s totally gone in boot loop. It won’t even …Thanks. I tried this but now it’s totally gone in boot loop. It won’t even power on

You could try it again but select the option to reset the phone I did this with my Samsung before fixed it for me no problem glad to help
Original Poster
MSK.46 m ago

If I recall correctly, when you send your phone to LG for repair, you get …If I recall correctly, when you send your phone to LG for repair, you get a year's warranty on the repair. So a year from the date it was returned to you. I sent one in at the end of last year.Are you sure that your warranty on the repair has expired, not just the original warranty on the handset?

I spoke to someone on chat service, she said it’s covered for existing faults for 3 months. I wish I hadn’t done a manufactur reset now I could have deleted 1 app by 1 but little did I know
Original Poster
Splice3 m ago

You could try it again but select the option to reset the phone I did this …You could try it again but select the option to reset the phone I did this with my Samsung before fixed it for me no problem glad to help

There’s no options to select anything as it just keeps vibrating when you press and hold power button. Lg logo comes and goes
Misslovely5 m ago

I spoke to someone on chat service, she said it’s covered for existing f …I spoke to someone on chat service, she said it’s covered for existing faults for 3 months. I wish I hadn’t done a manufactur reset now I could have deleted 1 app by 1 but little did I know

I'd try phoning them. The deintely didn't say 3 months to me.
Original Poster
MSK.6 m ago

I'd try phoning them. The deintely didn't say 3 months to me.

I’m waiting for a supervisor to ring me back as I asked for one. The lg number is beginning with 0344 so I will get charged from my house phone. I will have to wait until I receive my s8 from eBay so I can use weq4u app. Maybe my lg has fallen out with me for buying a new one
Misslovely12 m ago

There’s no options to select anything as it just keeps vibrating when you p …There’s no options to select anything as it just keeps vibrating when you press and hold power button. Lg logo comes and goes

With my Samsung I had to hold 2 buttons why it was powering on then it would appear
Original Poster
Splice10 m ago

With my Samsung I had to hold 2 buttons why it was powering on then it …With my Samsung I had to hold 2 buttons why it was powering on then it would appear

Yes I remember doing that with my old phones but seems lg is different. They can’t even tell you to insert a pin in the reset hole
Misslovely21 m ago

Yes I remember doing that with my old phones but seems lg is different. …Yes I remember doing that with my old phones but seems lg is different. They can’t even tell you to insert a pin in the reset hole

Never had a LG maybe youtube can assist you
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 21st Mar
Original Poster
They are selling for £20/£30 on eBay now
Misslovely43 m ago

They are selling for £20/£30 on eBay now

The broken one? lol
Original Poster
A few are for £30 and claim they have powering on issues.
If the imei numbers don’t match, he might of swapped the casing so it looks like yout phone but it’s not.
you could contact him and say that it has been sent off to LG and they have said they won’t repair under warranty as it’s a different handset, see what he says, you have nothing to lose. The only thing is if he is willing to swap phone you won’t get anywhere.
Remember that the imei will be the new board number that LG sent you. They never repair boards but replace so you should have a letter with it on. Don't quote the number on the box as this will be different.
Original Poster
Bargainhead1 h, 41 m ago

If the imei numbers don’t match, he might of swapped the casing so it l …If the imei numbers don’t match, he might of swapped the casing so it looks like yout phone but it’s not.you could contact him and say that it has been sent off to LG and they have said they won’t repair under warranty as it’s a different handset, see what he says, you have nothing to lose. The only thing is if he is willing to swap phone you won’t get anywhere.

I’m now thinking he has taken the motherboard out of mine as I have done a research of the part and put it inside his. He was familiar with rooting and he said maybe mine needed updating the software.
He he got back to me after 10 mins, so if that’s possible to swop over then yea definitely his committed a crime. He gave me £5 to cover the return cost
I've got a G4 that I don't use anymore as I upgraded my phone. But if he knows what he's doing the motherboard can be taken out of a G4 in little time, the phone itself is very easy to work on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants