I HATE APPLE

Found 11th FebEdited by:"SupaShoppa"
Just reset my old ipad2, I only use it for Garageband. Now I cant reinstall Garageband as the ipad2 runs 9.3.5 and Garageband is only available for devices with higher IOS.

I hate Apple now! Just saying/venting!

Oh.. and don't be updating your iTunes because you'll lose the app store! Great work Apple!
Community Updates
MiscElectronics
Top comments
Most people that hate on Apple can’t afford it. Which is exactly what you’re doing lol. You’re trying to download an app on an iPad that’s 7 years old...so you automatically hate on Apple. Why not spend money on one of the newer iPads instead to crying that Apple won’t support an app on a 7 YEAR OLD IPAD. It’s The same with an Android tablet however they won’t even get support/updates for more than a year lol. Apple is great that they supported a 7 year old iPad. JS
ellawookey17 m ago

Most people that hate on Apple can’t afford it. Which is exactly what y …Most people that hate on Apple can’t afford it. Which is exactly what you’re doing lol. You’re trying to download an app on an iPad that’s 7 years old...so you automatically hate on Apple. Why not spend money on one of the newer iPads instead to crying that Apple won’t support an app on a 7 YEAR OLD IPAD. It’s The same with an Android tablet however they won’t even get support/updates for more than a year lol. Apple is great that they supported a 7 year old iPad. JS

I think it you pay premium price for Apple products it’s not unrealistic to expect them to last.
I don’t think it’s fair to state Apple haters can’t afford them.
I think the files are stored as .IPA but it should of given you the option of downloading a previous version. Apple app store is a joke to be honest as I can still download half life 2 off steam but Apple keeping an older 20MB file on the Apple store store is too much to ask ?
Don't blame OP for being annoyed that he can't download a previous version of an app he owns.
Edited by: "kester76" 11th Feb
ellawookey1 h, 19 m ago

Most people that hate on Apple can’t afford it. Which is exactly what y …Most people that hate on Apple can’t afford it. Which is exactly what you’re doing lol. You’re trying to download an app on an iPad that’s 7 years old...so you automatically hate on Apple. Why not spend money on one of the newer iPads instead to crying that Apple won’t support an app on a 7 YEAR OLD IPAD. It’s The same with an Android tablet however they won’t even get support/updates for more than a year lol. Apple is great that they supported a 7 year old iPad. JS

john7676761 h, 18 m ago

Yeah people that moan about apple can usually only afford old ones or just …Yeah people that moan about apple can usually only afford old ones or just afford android lol

Most people who make statements of “People that hate on Apple can’t afford it” are generally shallow, self centred people who think brand names define the people they are. Haha. JS. LOLZ

Prats.
57 Comments
Phoenix Jailbreak.
Most people that hate on Apple can’t afford it. Which is exactly what you’re doing lol. You’re trying to download an app on an iPad that’s 7 years old...so you automatically hate on Apple. Why not spend money on one of the newer iPads instead to crying that Apple won’t support an app on a 7 YEAR OLD IPAD. It’s The same with an Android tablet however they won’t even get support/updates for more than a year lol. Apple is great that they supported a 7 year old iPad. JS
Yeah people that moan about apple can usually only afford old ones or just afford android lol
john76767632 s ago

Yeah people that moan about apple can usually only afford old ones or just …Yeah people that moan about apple can usually only afford old ones or just afford android lol

Exactly lmao
If you backed if up to a computer before resetting it, the app should be there to reinstall. If you didn't back the iPad up then there's nothing you can do.
ellawookey17 m ago

I think it you pay premium price for Apple products it’s not unrealistic to expect them to last.
I don’t think it’s fair to state Apple haters can’t afford them.
I think the files are stored as .IPA but it should of given you the option of downloading a previous version. Apple app store is a joke to be honest as I can still download half life 2 off steam but Apple keeping an older 20MB file on the Apple store store is too much to ask ?
Don't blame OP for being annoyed that he can't download a previous version of an app he owns.
Edited by: "kester76" 11th Feb
myusernamehasgone23433 m ago

I think it you pay premium price for Apple products it’s not unrealistic t …I think it you pay premium price for Apple products it’s not unrealistic to expect them to last. I don’t think it’s fair to state Apple haters can’t afford them.

You’d struggle to find any piece of computing technology, premium or otherwise, that will still run properly after 7 years.
ellawookey1 h, 19 m ago

john7676761 h, 18 m ago

Most people who make statements of “People that hate on Apple can’t afford it” are generally shallow, self centred people who think brand names define the people they are. Haha. JS. LOLZ

Prats.
ellawookey11th Feb

I would have thought you'd relate to his 7 year old iPad since you sound like a 7 year old.
ellawookey1 h, 51 m ago

Hate on Apple because we can't afford it...
Gtfo.

I don't pick Apple because it's restrictive. If I wanted someone to tell me what I can and cannot do with my phone. I'd get someone to add parental controls to it.

It's no wonder why they call Apple Fanboys sheep's. They come out with any sort of BS to validate their arguement.

Their both great devices. I wouldn't say no to owning an Apple device as build quality is amazing, compared to some Android phones of the last few years.
But the Samsung S8 has a iPhone premium feel to its build that I'm happy to go with that.
kos1c15 m ago

Hate on Apple because we can't afford it...Gtfo. I don't pick Apple …Hate on Apple because we can't afford it...Gtfo. I don't pick Apple because it's restrictive. If I wanted someone to tell me what I can and cannot do with my phone. I'd get someone to add parental controls to it.It's no wonder why they call Apple Fanboys sheep's. They come out with any sort of BS to validate their arguement. Their both great devices. I wouldn't say no to owning an Apple device as build quality is amazing, compared to some Android phones of the last few years. But the Samsung S8 has a iPhone premium feel to its build that I'm happy to go with that.

Samsung are laggy's POS. I have never come across a smooth Galaxy phone instore or using friends. They all lag and fandroids are oblivious to it due to the hate on Apple. I'd take a restricted phone that doesn't lag and has better apps.
Planned obsolescence, gotta love it.

Realistically you cannot expect a manufacturer to continue to support obsolete devices indefinitely. 7 years from a tablet is not bad going but things move on, hardware improves and platforms change etc - its a fact of Tech life.
ellawookey3 h, 22 m ago

But unlike Android you can't roll back ios. So none support would have been better in this instance.
As you say it's an old product that has lasted well so paying the premium for good hardware has been worth it. Now software support has lapsed I would have no issues jailbreaking it to use it as I intend.

Just because there are newer versions of items doesn't automatically mean you should upgrade if what you have works ok.
CouldntThinkOfAUsername3 h, 0 m ago

Samsung are laggy's POS. I have never come across a smooth Galaxy phone …Samsung are laggy's POS. I have never come across a smooth Galaxy phone instore or using friends. They all lag and fandroids are oblivious to it due to the hate on Apple. I'd take a restricted phone that doesn't lag and has better apps.

I wouldn't say it's fully laggy my camera has issues with booting up, that can be laggy. But I've had 3 system updates since my last format. So that maybe due to fragmentation (like with any device).

I'm not going to take much notice to your comment of fandroids, as I'm neither. As my comment above states I wouldn't mind either device.

I have a Samsung phone as it was the newest device on the market and I managed to get it for £35/M with plenty of data. If they had offered the latest iPhone for the same cost I would most likely taken that. But then again, I do love tinkering with apps, side loading and plug and play devices. So android does give me that freedom.
Edited by: "kos1c" 11th Feb
ellawookey3 h, 43 m ago

Did you actually read the OP. The device is used for 1 app. The only issue I would expect from any device that is 7 years old is the battery. No manufacturer cannot support a device forever, but no support is different from crippling.

And I can give you 2 recent experiences I have had with Apple where their support has been initially atrocious, but perhaps if you had experienced the support you would have been happy to replace the items due to their age.
Original Poster
ellawookey11th Feb

See, that's where you're wrong! I also own an ipad pro 12.9" and an ipad mini 4. So run along ya munter!
freakstyler1 h, 28 m ago

Planned obsolescence, gotta love it.Realistically you cannot expect a …Planned obsolescence, gotta love it.Realistically you cannot expect a manufacturer to continue to support obsolete devices indefinitely. 7 years from a tablet is not bad going but things move on, hardware improves and platforms change etc - its a fact of Tech life.

It's software not hardware and costs them nothing to host the older files on their app store. They just drop it because the market share of the Ipad 2 has dropped.
Original Poster
john7676763 h, 50 m ago

Read above goon!
Edited by: "SupaShoppa" 11th Feb
Original Poster
freakstyler1 h, 30 m ago

Planned obsolescence, gotta love it.Realistically you cannot expect a …Planned obsolescence, gotta love it.Realistically you cannot expect a manufacturer to continue to support obsolete devices indefinitely. 7 years from a tablet is not bad going but things move on, hardware improves and platforms change etc - its a fact of Tech life.

Yeah but surely it wouldnt be too much to ask to be able to install a previous version?
Original Poster
OllieSt10 m ago

Did you actually read the OP. The device is used for 1 app. The only …Did you actually read the OP. The device is used for 1 app. The only issue I would expect from any device that is 7 years old is the battery. No manufacturer cannot support a device forever, but no support is different from crippling. And I can give you 2 recent experiences I have had with Apple where their support has been initially atrocious, but perhaps if you had experienced the support you would have been happy to replace the items due to their age.

Agreed OllieSt! Thanks for actually reading and understanding my post!
CouldntThinkOfAUsername1 h, 48 m ago

Samsung are laggy's POS. I have never come across a smooth Galaxy phone …Samsung are laggy's POS. I have never come across a smooth Galaxy phone instore or using friends. They all lag and fandroids are oblivious to it due to the hate on Apple. I'd take a restricted phone that doesn't lag and has better apps.

They appear laggy because Apple set the UI as highest priority and background tasks as lower and the OS is better optimised. Downside is once you update the UI it bombs on speed and looks crap unlike android devices that are optimised differently. That's why apple users always get upset after 4 years.
kos1c25 m ago

I wouldn't say it's fully laggy my camera has issues with booting up, that …I wouldn't say it's fully laggy my camera has issues with booting up, that can be laggy. But I've had 3 system updates since my last format. So that maybe due to a needed defrag (like with any device). I'm not going to take much notice to your comment of fandroids, as I'm neither. As my comment above states I wouldn't mind either device. I have a Samsung phone as it was the newest device on the market and I managed to get it for £35/M with plenty of data. If they had offered the latest iPhone for the same cost I would most likely taken that. But then again, I do love tinkering with apps, side loading and plug and play devices. So android does give me that freedom.

Solid state disks don’t need defrag, actually it causes more harm that good
Edited by: "mds1256" 11th Feb
Original Poster
Predikuesi3 h, 48 m ago

If you backed if up to a computer before resetting it, the app should be …If you backed if up to a computer before resetting it, the app should be there to reinstall. If you didn't back the iPad up then there's nothing you can do.

The app is there, it just won't reinstall!
Original Poster
GAVINLEWISHUKD4 h, 1 m ago

Phoenix Jailbreak.

Yeah, had that lol got rid of it. Will be installing it again!
SupaShoppa3 m ago

The app is there, it just won't reinstall!

It should give you the option to install older version if the new version requires a more up to date operating system.

what error are you getting
Original Poster
mds12561 m ago

It should give you the option to install older version if the new version …It should give you the option to install older version if the new version requires a more up to date operating system.what error are you getting

Its only giving me the option to install the newest version. Ipad not compatible message. I'm just gonna jailbreak it!
Cakeboy793 h, 35 m ago

You’d struggle to find any piece of computing technology, premium or o …You’d struggle to find any piece of computing technology, premium or otherwise, that will still run properly after 7 years.

I wouldn't struggle to do that in this room, let alone the rest of my home or the wider world what on earth are you doing to your tech that breaks it all
kester7651 m ago

They appear laggy because Apple set the UI as highest priority and …They appear laggy because Apple set the UI as highest priority and background tasks as lower and the OS is better optimised. Downside is once you update the UI it bombs on speed and looks crap unlike android devices that are optimised differently. That's why apple users always get upset after 4 years.

You'd be lucky for an Android device to be supported for 4 years. All Android devices lag like no tomorrow after a year or so. My iPhone 5 on iOS7 is still buttery smooth yet my Xperia Z3 and Nexus 7 turned to garbage within after one major OS update.
Biddy23 h, 40 m ago

Most people who make statements of “People that hate on Apple can’t afford …Most people who make statements of “People that hate on Apple can’t afford it” are generally shallow, self centred people who think brand names define the people they are. Haha. JS. LOLZ Prats.

I'm glad it wasn't just me who was irritated by the appalling smugness in the first few posts.
ellawookey25 m ago

Says the one with a rooster as there profile. Are you 6?

Wow, that was a zinger!

I also hear your dad is bigger than his, too.
Edited by: "RossD89" 11th Feb
mds12561 h, 9 m ago

Solid state disks don’t need defrag, actually it causes more harm that good

I didn't mean I'd defrag my device. I would reformat/factory reset to clear up any fragmentation caused with the OS.
Cakeboy794 h, 27 m ago

You’d struggle to find any piece of computing technology, premium or o …You’d struggle to find any piece of computing technology, premium or otherwise, that will still run properly after 7 years.

Tell that to my iPod 'classic' that wasn't called that at the time or my pentium q6600 pc (2007), People need to get away from that attitude it's so wasteful.
ellawookey11th Feb

Most people who like Apple are about as technologically inclined as a pensioner with no internet connection.
kos1c14 h, 25 m ago

I didn't mean I'd defrag my device. I would reformat/factory reset to …I didn't mean I'd defrag my device. I would reformat/factory reset to clear up any fragmentation caused with the OS.

Fragmentation makes no difference. Reset/format will just clear up any orphaned files/links which can speed things up slightly.

Fragmented files make no difference to performance on a solid state drive
Edited by: "mds1256" 12th Feb
CouldntThinkOfAUsername3 h, 14 m ago

You'd be lucky for an Android device to be supported for 4 years. All …You'd be lucky for an Android device to be supported for 4 years. All Android devices lag like no tomorrow after a year or so. My iPhone 5 on iOS7 is still buttery smooth yet my Xperia Z3 and Nexus 7 turned to garbage within after one major OS update.

IPhone 5 is ios 10 so might explain something
Cakeboy7911th Feb

Windows 7, windows vista, Windows XP , DOS, computers in military hardware, computers in science laboratories, washing machines, engineering controllers, banking terminals, satnav, electronic calculators and programmable computational machines.

I just visited a hospital using Windows XP in patients' ward, worked properly and perfectly to me.

Took me 1 min, not a struggle at all.

Edit, forgot these two,

Apple MacBook Pro 2010 with Snow Leopard and Yosemite.
Acer N35 GPS Sat nav 2011 with updated European map 2013

@Cakeboy79 , take note of these great systems lasting more than 7 years and preach from today how they run properly and it is not a struggle to name them at all.
Edited by: "splender" 13th Feb
SupaShoppa7 h, 55 m ago

Its only giving me the option to install the newest version. Ipad not …Its only giving me the option to install the newest version. Ipad not compatible message. I'm just gonna jailbreak it!

Without considering jail break, I think you have to buy the newest version of App using iTunes on a Mac OSX laptop, then once purchased, it would appear in your IPAD account. Then when you press install ( from cloud), an older compatitible version is downloaded and installed on your IPAD.
Though I don' t know if this process works for all apps, in your case Garagenband. How many older version stored in the iCloud, maybe controlled by software vendor rather than by Apple?
Edited by: "splender" 12th Feb
MSK.5 h, 3 m ago

Most people who like Apple are about as technologically inclined as a …Most people who like Apple are about as technologically inclined as a pensioner with no internet connection.

You don't go to a secondary school much, where they teach sciences and technology.

Plus, I just had issue with researchers here in misc on the value of round pizzas calculated by sq. Inch as opposed to by length of diameter.
Edited by: "splender" 12th Feb
catbeans6 h, 32 m ago

Tell that to my iPod 'classic' that wasn't called that at the time or my …Tell that to my iPod 'classic' that wasn't called that at the time or my pentium q6600 pc (2007), People need to get away from that attitude it's so wasteful.

I still got that Q6600 quad core in use. It was a classic CPU.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants