I HATE eBay

I recently listed my PDA.
I listed it as ' As New HP iPAQ RX3715 PDA + 512MB SD Card + Clear Case '
Nothing wrong with that I thought, rather please I'd managed to fit so much into the title.

Anyway I check this morning to see if I have any bids and it isn't in 'My eBay' so I check my email address to find that eBay have removed it for supposedly keyword spamming.

Apparently 'As New' equates to keyword spamming - what a load of rubbish, there are near to 14,000 listing using the words 'As New'

Could they not have politely asked me to change it?
Or even done it themself?

And now I'm going to wait until I get back from holiday to list it again.

eBay suck, I wish there was a better alternative!

21 Comments

Banned

um you could try selling here?

i had to list my phone on ebay 3 times to sell it due to each time i tried to sell it i would get like 5 fake bids of 500-1000 pounds in the last few seconds before i could cancel them

We had this problem the other day from scribbbles i believe

Banned

AndrewGarn

i had to list my phone on ebay 3 times to sell it due to each time i … i had to list my phone on ebay 3 times to sell it due to each time i tried to sell it i would get like 5 fake bids of 500-1000 pounds in the last few seconds before i could cancel them

you could have tried second chance offers :thumbsup:

Thats were Scribbles went wrong then, He used the word "as new" I think and got his Psp listing removed!

I'm guessing its because if people search for "New Pda" yours would still appear even though its used, Still seems a bit far fetched though.

Original Poster

Sometimes I think that sellers of similar items try to report others for petty violations of eBay's policy just so there's less competition!

Iom-RF

Thats were Scribbles went wrong then, He used the word "as new" I think … Thats were Scribbles went wrong then, He used the word "as new" I think and got his Psp listing removed!I'm guessing its because if people search for "New Pda" yours would still appear even though its used, Still seems a bit far fetched though.

Thats ebay... they're money hogging ****ers :x

n1ck09

Sometimes I think that sellers of similar items try to report others for … Sometimes I think that sellers of similar items try to report others for petty violations of eBay's policy just so there's less competition!

Happens all the time :-(

n1ck09

Sometimes I think that sellers of similar items try to report others for … Sometimes I think that sellers of similar items try to report others for petty violations of eBay's policy just so there's less competition!

But some tit normally comes along and reports theirs, Revenge! :giggle:

it is more simple to just describe what the item is in the title, then in the description put in its redeeeming or sellable qualities.

Original Poster

brum

it is more simple to just describe what the item is in the title, then in … it is more simple to just describe what the item is in the title, then in the description put in its redeeeming or sellable qualities.

I see what you're saying but if I were the buyer I'd find this inconvenient as a buyer seeing as a lot of people seem to loe when you use the search filter.

Banned

brum

it is more simple to just describe what the item is in the title, then in … it is more simple to just describe what the item is in the title, then in the description put in its redeeeming or sellable qualities.

yeah I agree

What is the point in putting 'as new' in the title? If you want to use that, it's best used as a subtitle. Nobody searches for a 'as new' item. Use the main title for more info. LCD Display, Battery operated, Mains Powered, Black, White etc or whatever is appropriate.

I agree, put the " as new " in the description, not the title.

I have been selling on eBay for 6 years, never had any listings pulled.

Banned

Inactive

I agree, put the " as new " in the description, not the title.I have been … I agree, put the " as new " in the description, not the title.I have been selling on eBay for 6 years, never had any listings pulled.

i did, i tried selling good luck but they got rid of it :-(

Original Poster

hothothot

i did, i tried selling good luck but they got rid of it :-(

I've seen someone pay for a fart in a jar!

Iom-RF

Thats were Scribbles went wrong then, He used the word "as new" I think … Thats were Scribbles went wrong then, He used the word "as new" I think and got his Psp listing removed!I'm guessing its because if people search for "New Pda" yours would still appear even though its used, Still seems a bit far fetched though.

Correct, I did use the words 'as new'. I did however make it very clear that the item was used and in as new condition. This keyword spamming thing is absolute garbage. My listing was clear as crystal to any buyer. There was no deceit at all. If the item is 'as new' as opposed to showing signs of wear, then you should be able to say that. I refuse to sell something that is as new, and give the impression that it is a piece of tat by not advertising it to it's full capacity.
I told eBay, via my reply to their email, that I would not be using their seller facilities again. I also told them that if they spent as much time deleting the thousands of items that they host, that blatently infringe copyright, then eBay indeed would be a better place to shop.
I spent at least 30mins getting that listing written up. Bullet points, HTML, the lot. They simply deleted the auction without even giving me the option to alter it to their satisfaction. I had bidders too, who all now think that i'm a shyster having had my listing deleted. I ain't having that. They can do without my custom from now on, i'll just be a nil fee paying buyer.
I know exactly how you feel n1ck. It annoyed me too.

BTW, if someone searches for a 'new' PSP, my listing would not have shown up as it was described as 'used' in the drop down combo box on the listing page. That's what the filter boxes are for on the left of the screen, for searching out the new from the used. Anyone that searches by keyword only deserves all they get IMO.

n1ck09

I've seen someone pay for a fart in a jar!

Was it described 'as new' though ? :-D

Inactive

I agree, put the " as new " in the description, not the title.I have been … I agree, put the " as new " in the description, not the title.I have been selling on eBay for 6 years, never had any listings pulled.

Nor have I. It's just a case of knowing and operating within the rules and you'll have no problem. :thumbsup:

Richierea

Was it described 'as new' though ? :-D

Most likely described as 'Fresh'...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2470
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767383
    3. 5am gym crew20132
    4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions