Groups

I hate Sky!

I saw an offer earlier today for a free Sky HD Box, £50 of M&S vouchers, one months free Sky HD and a set up cost of £15. After reading the small print (and discovering that the majority of the offer was for new customers only) I rang Sky to try and get a similar deal (the best deal online was a free Sky HD Box, one months free Sky HD and set up cost of £30)

Now, I have been with Sky for around three years and pay £67 a month so I was hoping they would offer me the £15 set up cost at least but no, they can't offer me anything other than what the offer states. So the guy tells me to try the cancellations department as they can offer better deals, so I get transferred (twenty minutes on hold) to then discover I have been transferred to the wrong department so I am transferred again (fifteen minutes on hold) and I am put through to the most horrible customer service rep I have ever spoken to.

She said that I would have got a deal when I first joined Sky and why should Sky give me another deal.

Said that I was paying for what I got and that I was getting "alot"

Refused to reduce my total monthly cost (despite the fact that last time I called, about a year ago, they quite happily reduced the cost of my two multi-rooms to half price for six months)

Accused me of being a very dishonest person for lying about wanting to cancel to try and get a better deal (despite the fact that I never said I wanted to cancel!)

Said she was sick of people like me and was going to look through my account to see who had transferred me to her

Was generally very rude and a complete cow.

I am just fuming, I wasn't asking for much and I knew they would not give me the offer for new customers but seriously, with that attitude she is lucky I didn't cancel altogether. When I am spending nearly £70 a month with the view to adding another £10 on top of that each month, I would have liked them to offer me something like they have done previously!

I am really angry right now at the way she has spoken to me, I have tried to complain using their online form but it keeps refreshing itself rather than submitting.

22 Comments

sounds like my sorta girl...a challenge on the telephone to put somebody back in to their hole...or maybe it was her last day working for sky and used you to take out all her frustrations...Just phone up...cancel and two months later they will send yoou some amazong offers through the post or phone you up and yoou will get it all for free apart from the subscription...this is what i did when i upgraded to sky+..........your story did make me laugh though...thanks

Bloody hell what do you get for £70 a month? I moan at paying £17.50.

Ive noticed that a lot off companies are now adopting this attitude towards customers. Orange are the same, Tesco do the same when it comes to renewing car and home insurance.

keep up the good fight!

so I was hoping they would offer me the £15 set up cost at least but no

and I knew they would not give me the offer for new customers

That bit baffled me............you wanted the new customer deal but knew they wouldn't give it to you.........so when they didn't you went mad. :giggle:

If they were rude then make a complaint as they should not go off on one :thumbsup: But at the end of the day £30 is not a lot and HD is worth it.

I woulda asked to talk to her supervisor as calls are usually recorded and kicked up a huge stink with them, certainly wouldn't have just hung up.

Original Poster

Syzable;6782982

That bit baffled me............you wanted the new customer deal but knew … That bit baffled me............you wanted the new customer deal but knew they wouldn't give it to you.........so when they didn't you went mad. :giggle:If they were rude then make a complaint as they should not go off on one :thumbsup: But at the end of the day £30 is not a lot and HD is worth it.

No, I knew they wouldn't be able to offer me the same as what a new customer would get but all I really wanted was for them to reduce the set up cost to £15 rather than £30 or failing that, do what they did last time and reduce my total cost my £10 for six months if I got Sky HD.

What has really annoyed me is how that cow spoke to me, I probably would have gone ahead and ordered Sky HD anyway if she hadn't had been so rude.

kimbyanne;6783024

No, I knew they wouldn't be able to offer me the same as what a new … No, I knew they wouldn't be able to offer me the same as what a new customer would get but all I really wanted was for them to reduce the set up cost to £15 rather than £30 or failing that, do what they did last time and reduce my total cost my £10 for six months if I got Sky HD. What has really annoyed me is how that cow spoke to me, I probably would have gone ahead and ordered Sky HD anyway if she hadn't had been so rude.

Definately phone back and ask to speak to a superviser to make a complaint. Each time you ring it should log who you spoke to etc.

Their is no excuse for them being rude. :-( What happened to Customer Service. :-(

If she accused you of lying write a strong email to the CEO's office. Will work wonders, I had this bother 2 or 3 years ago. I got £50 MS vouchers.

Original Poster

leecroot;6782945

Bloody hell what do you get for £70 a month? I moan at paying £17.50. Ive … Bloody hell what do you get for £70 a month? I moan at paying £17.50. Ive noticed that a lot off companies are now adopting this attitude towards customers. Orange are the same, Tesco do the same when it comes to renewing car and home insurance. keep up the good fight!

Sky World (all channels) which is £47 and two multii-rooms at £10 each per month.

kimbyanne;6783054

Sky World (all channels) which is £47 and two multii-rooms at £10 each p … Sky World (all channels) which is £47 and two multii-rooms at £10 each per month.

You should see our Sky bill..........HD box and 2 sky + boxes, broadband and Sky Talk :w00t:

Original Poster

Syzable;6783073

You should see our Sky bill..........HD box and 2 sky + boxes, broadband … You should see our Sky bill..........HD box and 2 sky + boxes, broadband and Sky Talk :w00t:

How much does a Sky HD Box and two Sky+ Boxes cost you per month (if you don't mind me asking) because that is what I want (at the moment we have a Sky+ Box and two standard boxes)

kimbyanne;6783103

How much does a Sky HD Box and two Sky+ Boxes cost you per month (if you … How much does a Sky HD Box and two Sky+ Boxes cost you per month (if you don't mind me asking) because that is what I want (at the moment we have a Sky+ Box and two standard boxes)

Just an extra £10 for the HD content...........otherwise it's the same as you pay now.

Banned

Syzable;6783073

You should see our Sky bill..........HD box and 2 sky + boxes,

You should see mine!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Syzable;6783073

You should see our Sky bill..........HD box and 2 sky + boxes, broadband … You should see our Sky bill..........HD box and 2 sky + boxes, broadband and Sky Talk :w00t:

same here! But worth it, its our luxury as we dont smoke or drink much and keeps the kids quiet :w00t:

4lyons09;6783176

same here! But worth it, its our luxury as we dont smoke or drink much … same here! But worth it, its our luxury as we dont smoke or drink much and [SIZE=4]keeps the kids quiet[/SIZE] :w00t:

Same here and that's priceless. :-D

Original Poster

Syzable;6783124

Just an extra £10 for the HD content...........otherwise it's the same as … Just an extra £10 for the HD content...........otherwise it's the same as you pay now.

and how much did they charge for you the Sky+ Boxes? Last time I queried it, I think it was £99 for one and £199 for the another.

kimbyanne;6783240

and how much did they charge for you the Sky+ Boxes? Last time I queried … and how much did they charge for you the Sky+ Boxes? Last time I queried it, I think it was £99 for one and £199 for the another.

I got them both for Free a couple of years ago (at seperate times) when i told them i was off to Virgin. :oops:

Original Poster

Syzable;6783259

I got them both for Free a couple of years ago (at seperate times) when i … I got them both for Free a couple of years ago (at seperate times) when i told them i was off to Virgin. :oops:

Ooooh, best not try that or the mad cow will call me a very dishonest person again........

kimbyanne;6783271

Ooooh, best not try that or the mad cow will call me a very dishonest … Ooooh, best not try that or the mad cow will call me a very dishonest person again........

Did you get India or the Scottish call centre? I've always found the Scotland base very good but just hang up when i get through to India.

Why dont you call up again, see what they are like? Before I joined Sky I rang several times and got told various prices.

I joined when the HD box was £49 & I got my sky+ multiroom box free, free sky talk for a year aswell, yet others I spoke too, didnt mention the free sky talk or free multiroom box.

Can't believe you got this attitude from someone in Sales!! Amazing!

I hate Sky too....

I left Virgin when I got so sick of the bad customer service.....

So now we have Sky ( which costs way more than Virgin did ) and still the same God awful service!

ClarityofMind;6783331

Can't believe you got this attitude from someone in Sales!! Amazing!

Just think if you rang and they come on here and knew it was you..................think of the abuse you'd get. :w00t: :lol: ;-)

Syzable;6783349

Just think if you rang and they come on here and knew it was … Just think if you rang and they come on here and knew it was you..................think of the abuse you'd get. :w00t: :lol: ;-)

OMG is that why it happens :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions