Expired

I hate this new website design and layout

Found 24th May 2017
just thought I'd check my hukd and the whole thing has changed over night.
I've seen others saying there's has changed but mine never did.. until now..
I can't stand it, it's horrible what does everyone else think? Anybody with me on this?
Community Updates
MiscWeb Hosting
Top comments
cdm22

Hasn't changed for me yet but I expect it to be **** like every other … Hasn't changed for me yet but I expect it to be **** like every other update!

https://media.makeameme.org/created/brace-yourself-complains.jpg

I know we say this about every change, but this ones a real shocker.
25 Comments
hum. on chrome layout still same
It's hideous in every single way. Why oh why was this done!

I pray the mobile site hasn't changed
http://memeshappen.com/media/created/Oh-no-you-didn39t--meme-25969.jpg
Original Poster
Bure1118 m ago

It's hideous in every single way. Why oh why was this done!I pray the …It's hideous in every single way. Why oh why was this done!I pray the mobile site hasn't changed

It has, I'm using mobile :-( I don't get this at all. It's shocking! And don't even get me started on those creep emoji faces wtf are they!
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 24th May 2017
Original Poster
davewave11 m ago

[Image]

30998803-aSbpV.jpg

This is is the only thing better about it this new site. The ease of adding pics to thread comments.. that's it :-(
Hasn't changed for me yet but I expect it to be **** like every other update!
cdm22

Hasn't changed for me yet but I expect it to be **** like every other … Hasn't changed for me yet but I expect it to be **** like every other update!

https://media.makeameme.org/created/brace-yourself-complains.jpg

I know we say this about every change, but this ones a real shocker.
To be honest having gone through a few site redesigns here this is by far not the worst. that said they have still not learnt that too much white is still a bad thing. Also that yellowy/gold mustard temp colour is gross.
Edited by: "StevenBrown" 24th May 2017
Can't you just clear your cookies OP and get the old layout back? I don't think the new one is properly live yet.
Don't tell anyone but i've just had a look at the new layout and actually quite like it! eek!
Original Poster
Krooner1 h, 23 m ago

Can't you just clear your cookies OP and get the old layout back? I don't …Can't you just clear your cookies OP and get the old layout back? I don't think the new one is properly live yet.

Oo I don't know.. I'll try that tomorrow and update you.. I'm feeling too lazy now lol
Original Poster
cdm221 h, 18 m ago

Don't tell anyone but i've just had a look at the new layout and actually …Don't tell anyone but i've just had a look at the new layout and actually quite like it! eek!

31001821-Xws6V.jpg
I actually hate it and find the site harder to use now. No idea why this was done, it's a shame.
JayTee835 m ago

I actually hate it and find the site harder to use now. No idea why this …I actually hate it and find the site harder to use now. No idea why this was done, it's a shame.

Read the opening comment (thread description) here:

[ hotukdeals.com/fee…378 ]
Original Poster
JayTee813 h, 55 m ago

I actually hate it and find the site harder to use now. No idea why this …I actually hate it and find the site harder to use now. No idea why this was done, it's a shame.

Surprisingly after all this time I have actually got used to it and quite like it. Well I wouldn't say like, I've got used to it let's say. There are some features which I think have improved it. I.e.: the speed in which we can add pictures now and also If you accidentally like a comment you can unlike it.
Although It's too bright for my eyes and I have to turn my screen brightness right down otherwise I get headsache.also I think there is just too much scrolling. Also I can not see who is filling me and that is annoying, we used to be able to.
If yours has just recently changed, try stick with it a couple of weeks.. it might get better for you too 😊
LeahsMintytoutou2 h, 25 m ago

...Also I can not see who is filling me and that is annoying, we used to …...Also I can not see who is filling me and that is annoying, we used to be able to...

Following?
Original Poster
fanpages1 h, 3 m ago

Following?

Lol, yes, definitely following
I've given it time, but this new layout is really irritating. So much so that I don't visit the site as much as I used to. If I knew of an alternative site I'd go there instead.

The thing that gets me is the stupid 10 pages in one thing and the (resultant?) super slow mouse scroll. Does anyone know of a setting I can change only for this website that'll mean I can scroll normally?

The other option is to click and drag but that would need a new desk with a 10 ft deep mouse area.
Jazzerd11 m ago

I've given it time, but this new layout is really irritating. So much so …I've given it time, but this new layout is really irritating. So much so that I don't visit the site as much as I used to. If I knew of an alternative site I'd go there instead.The thing that gets me is the stupid 10 pages in one thing and the (resultant?) super slow mouse scroll. Does anyone know of a setting I can change only for this website that'll mean I can scroll normally?The other option is to click and drag but that would need a new desk with a 10 ft deep mouse area.

switch off infinite scroll in your settings, bakes it much more useable, dare I say it you do get used to it but its no where as good as it was. There is a dedicated feedback thread, feedback is at the bottom of any page, switch off scrolling first but no one has bothered to reply from the site for a while or hadn't when I last checked.
eslick16 m ago

switch off infinite scroll in your settings, bakes it much more useable, …switch off infinite scroll in your settings, bakes it much more useable, dare I say it you do get used to it but its no where as good as it was. There is a dedicated feedback thread, feedback is at the bottom of any page, switch off scrolling first but no one has bothered to reply from the site for a while or hadn't when I last checked.

Thanks eslick,

Switching off infinite scroll makes a big difference thanks. Hope they do something about it soon though as it's still a pain to use.
Original Poster
Jazzerd1 h, 28 m ago

Thanks eslick,Switching off infinite scroll makes a big difference thanks. …Thanks eslick,Switching off infinite scroll makes a big difference thanks. Hope they do something about it soon though as it's still a pain to use.

I can't picture anything changing for the better anymore. We seem to get ignored, even in dedicated threads created by mods and admins to report issues. I have got an answer when going on feedback (at the bottom of page as @eslick stated. I haven't tried turning up infinite scroll, think I might do if it makes a difference it's the red "get" bars under every deal that get me... they are so annoying and uneccesary. I don't know anyone who would go direct to the website of the deal rather then go to the post containing the info first and read it.
Nobody seems to care what us users think. We just have to like it or lump it
I've found a workaround that works for me and my problem viewing this site via Chrome. It seems to work with infinite scroll on and off.

I keep my cursor over to the right of the screen (over the scroll bar) then use the mouse wheel and the page scrolls as normal - not the super slow scroll I get when the cursor is placed on the main part of the page.

Hope this helps someone.
me as well.
I'm a UI guy and I generally welcome updates

But this is crap. The misc forum is crap as well I don't seem to see things in order of posting
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants