Groups

I hate watching Directors Cut Versions of Great Films!

just wasted my time and watched the Directors Cut Version of The Butterfly Effect, The ending was ridiculas compared to the Theatrical Release which has the best ending and is one of my favoruite films around, Great story just ruined by a directors cut version, any one else seen both versions and know what I mean? lol

7 Comments

Not seen it, what happens? The Butterfly Effect was a great film, haven't watched it in years! Might have to go dig it out :thumbsup:

I find most 'Directors' Cuts' a gimmick.

Bit like how nearly every DVD is marked as a 'Collectors' Edition'.

Though I've heard some films are altered drastically - by and large they're very similar.

Original Poster

munnski;4526281

Not seen it, what happens? The Butterfly Effect was a great film, … Not seen it, what happens? The Butterfly Effect was a great film, haven't watched it in years! Might have to go dig it out :thumbsup:

Basically when he goes back to finally alter the past he goes back to when he was in childbirth and strangles himself using his umbilical cord Then you see everything that happens when he wasnt born and things turn out fine for everybody else. completely ruined it for me as i loved the theatrical ending I cant remember exactly what happens but he ends up with kayleigh in the end and everyone turns out okay lol
    robtallica;4526301

I find most 'Directors' Cuts' a gimmick.Bit like how nearly every DVD is … I find most 'Directors' Cuts' a gimmick.Bit like how nearly every DVD is marked as a 'Collectors' Edition'.Though I've heard some films are altered drastically - by and large they're very similar.

yeah true this ones been altered quite a bit!

2 endings i saw were him dying by umbilical cord (awful awful ending) and the other he went back to her birthday, told her he hated her and so she lived with her mum. ended with them2 walkin past each other in the street. just awesome

yep seen both same as i am legend annoying

Original Poster

Ace Hayward;4526519

2 endings i saw were him dying by umbilical cord (awful awful ending) and … 2 endings i saw were him dying by umbilical cord (awful awful ending) and the other he went back to her birthday, told her he hated her and so she lived with her mum. ended with them2 walkin past each other in the street. just awesome

yeah thats the one that's brilliant,

Ace Hayward;4526519

2 endings i saw were him dying by umbilical cord (awful awful ending) and … 2 endings i saw were him dying by umbilical cord (awful awful ending) and the other he went back to her birthday, told her he hated her and so she lived with her mum. ended with them2 walkin past each other in the street. just awesome

is there another ending apart from these two?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844460
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424114481
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553774
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047087

See more discussions