I HATE wet-wipes

Posted 28th Nov
The world's gone wet-wipe crazy. We have wet wipes, toilet cleaning wipes , wet toilet tissue wipes , leather wipes, stainless steel wipes, anti - bacterial wipes , face wipes, make up removing wipes, self-tanning wipes, and for the car - dash wipes and hand cleaning wipes.

What's the issue people have with a cloth and water or a bottle of the appropriate cleaner? My wife and dauber use them all the time, for everything. They don't seem to realise that wipes don't clean as such, once wiped they then just spread the dirt around.

That's without the 'fatberg' argument.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
splender28/11/2019 22:24

You said, "once wiped they then just spread the dirt around."What is the …You said, "once wiped they then just spread the dirt around."What is the difference between a reusable cloth and a wet wipe in spreading dirt around?Edit:We use very small amount of wet wipe, we use reusable sponges and cloths, and this means dedicated use per sponge, cloth.

You wouldn't want to get those the wrong way 'round.

39168942-JqWDg.jpg
21 Comments
They are a convenience to most folks though. Simple as that
Posh masterbatory sessions
"My wife and dauber use them all the time..."

Whereas you give them a wipe berth.
You said, "once wiped they then just spread the dirt around."

What is the difference between a reusable cloth and a wet wipe in spreading dirt around?

Edit:
We use very small amount of wet wipe, we use reusable sponges and cloths, and this means dedicated use per sponge, cloth.
Edited by: "splender" 28th Nov

You said, "once wiped they then just spread the dirt around."What is the …You said, "once wiped they then just spread the dirt around."What is the difference between a reusable cloth and a wet wipe in spreading dirt around?Edit:We use very small amount of wet wipe, we use reusable sponges and cloths, and this means dedicated use per sponge, cloth.

You wouldn't want to get those the wrong way 'round.

39168942-JqWDg.jpg
fanpages28/11/2019 22:29

You wouldn't want to get those the wrong way 'round.[Image]

A blessing to some who put their faces there.
splender28/11/2019 22:37

A blessing to some who put their faeces there.

Whatever floats your boat.
fanpages28/11/2019 22:04

"My wife and dauber use them all the time..."Whereas you give them a wipe …"My wife and dauber use them all the time..."Whereas you give them a wipe berth.

Oops, typo. Daughter! Though maybe the typo is a better description.

I like the wipe berth though.
Laziness, nothing more nothing less.
Antibacterial wet wipes are more hygienic that using a reusable cloth to wipe surfaces.
flowersofwar29/11/2019 06:39

Antibacterial wet wipes are more hygienic that using a reusable cloth to …Antibacterial wet wipes are more hygienic that using a reusable cloth to wipe surfaces.

That's my reason, although I don't really use much. Only for emergencies in the car.

Antibacterial wet wipes are more hygienic that using a reusable cloth to …Antibacterial wet wipes are more hygienic that using a reusable cloth to wipe surfaces.

Yes, as a wipe after cleaning and removing any debris. Otherwise no difference.

These get flushed away and generate fat bergs whereas cloths can be washed again and again. Despise the disposable mindset.
Wet wipes is just cloth in soaked in water some have added antibacterial. If you want antibacterial cloth. Just get a spray bottle of dettol and use a sheet of plenty. I find it more annoying having to carefully seal the wet wipes after each use. Becomes more difficult the emptier it gets.
Edited by: "MR1123" 29th Nov

39181373-sAXHA.jpg
You can use this with old clothes. You will get the same protection.
MR112329/11/2019 11:32

[Image] You can use this with old clothes. You will get the same …[Image] You can use this with old clothes. You will get the same protection.

I use several wet wipes per surface to clean. Using cloths will only transfer the dirt back on to the surface. Unless you were to use several.
suejb229/11/2019 10:55

These get flushed away and generate fat bergs whereas cloths can be washed …These get flushed away and generate fat bergs whereas cloths can be washed again and again. Despise the disposable mindset.

I asked, "What is the difference between a reusable cloth and a wet wipe in spreading dirt around?" for OP's statement, "...once wiped they then just spread the dirt around."

You said and ignored my question, "These get flushed away and generate fat bergs whereas cloths can be washed again and again. Despise the disposable mindset."

Could you handle my question please, here it is again. "What is the difference between a reusable cloth and a wet wipe in spreading dirt around?

Then, I shall ask you to answer about your fat bergs.
flowersofwar29/11/2019 12:41

I use several wet wipes per surface to clean. Using cloths will only …I use several wet wipes per surface to clean. Using cloths will only transfer the dirt back on to the surface. Unless you were to use several.

I clean mine, if they are beyond that I get rid of them.
MR112329/11/2019 14:44

I clean mine, if they are beyond that I get rid of them.

Lol tell that to restaurant staff. The cloths they use to clean the tables with get a quick rinse and dry, if that!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions