14 Comments

Banned

About 70, get DVD's instead, or an external HDD

50.4gb = 11 DVDS, or iirc 72 CDs

73 CD's, better to go for DVD.

Defo DVD's

get a blu ray and stick it on one

Banned

what are you wanting to stick it to cds for?

Banned

would an external hard drive be out of the question?

[SIZE="6"]50.4GB Data [/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"]on[/SIZE]

http://i33.tinypic.com/14bj1ir.jpg

[SIZE="6"]=[/SIZE]

http://i34.tinypic.com/imtab4.jpg

Original Poster Banned

family member does not have a dvd rom and i dont have a big enough hard drive or cash to get a new hard drive to give them. and too far away to fit a dvd rom drive

If the family member is so far away, and you do not have enough money to buy an external drive, how do you plan paying for the postage of 70 cd's?

Original Poster Banned

box and a spindal wont cost more than 10 quid to go down to them, a hard drive cost more than that and so does a dvd rom drive and they are norfolk

It depends how well your data can be compressed. Text files and office documents tend to compress very well (circa 80%) but files already compressed such as jpg, avi, wmv will result in very little or no compression. If you take a typical average of 40% overall compression then you can apply this to the amount of CDs required when uncompressed.

80GB hard disk. £23
    scan.co.uk/Pro…455

Postage should be cheaper than 70 cd's

ElliottC;2841128

It depends how well your data can be compressed. Text files and office … It depends how well your data can be compressed. Text files and office documents tend to compress very well (circa 80%) but files already compressed such as jpg, avi, wmv will result in very little or no compression. If you take a typical average of 40% overall compression then you can apply this to the amount of CDs required when uncompressed.

what he said
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3541326
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213645
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1860
      4. What is there free to do in your town?1624

See more discussions