i have a Ford KA and it wont start, battery is fine, its turning over but will not start, loads of petrol in, if i left it for half an hour it would start, but now it wont start at all HELP

Found 9th Feb 2016
Car won't start
Community Updates
17 Comments
Immobiliser linked to the key maybe? Low battery in the key?
Are you saying you get in, crank it and it wont start or it wont even crank?
Mod
Clogged fuel filter perhaps? Dodgy fuel pump?
When was it last serviced?
Starter motor, you've probably drained the battery by keep trying to start it.
My money's on fuel pump too if it's turning over and nothing
Is the pats light flashing? If it is then the key is not being read properly
Flux capacitor.
stuarthanley

Immobiliser linked to the key maybe? Low battery in the key?

Battery in the key is just for remote locking, immobilizer chip doesn't need a battery ;).

Sounds like fuel pump/filter issue if it used to work after 30mins but lots of things can cause poor starting. Check your spark plugs, Leads and coil/s. Could be a random sensor fault too, was it ok once it was started? any rough running?, Check vacuum hose for splits. Also have battery tested, It might sound ok but might not have enough CCA's (Cold cranking amps ). Of course could be a immobilizer issue, The immobilizer chip is located in the key, the immobilizer reader is usually located around the ignition barrel. On some cars a light will flash on dash if immobilizer is still active, So if you turn key and light still flashing then that could be your problem. Hope that helps.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 9th Feb 2016
It's knackered. Scrap it and buy another one.
I'd guess CPS. (crank position sensor).

They tend to fail so that they don;t work when hot - which would fit with starting when cold but not when hot.
But there is so little info provided that that is a guess.
Ask a mechanic. Not a deals site
sherbolton

Starter motor, you've probably drained the battery by keep trying to … Starter motor, you've probably drained the battery by keep trying to start it.

​Wouldn't turn over with a faulty starter motor. Sounds like a fuel problem, pump/filter.
mas99

I'd guess CPS. (crank position sensor).They tend to fail so that they … I'd guess CPS. (crank position sensor).They tend to fail so that they don;t work when hot - which would fit with starting when cold but not when hot.But there is so little info provided that that is a guess.

Second this. Very common on fords. Start fine cold then wont go once hot but go again when theyve cooled down
Knackered plugs is my guess
Did a job on a fiesta over the weekend with no fault codes
Started fine from cold but once warm , forget it
Left it over night then bang , starts again
Do you have it serviced ?
Get AA or RAC Or find something cheaper.
They'll find the problem for you, even if they can't fix it, and you've got breakdown cover for a year to boot.
Some check your location, hopefully other members can advise on those that don't check!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions